Regular Contributor

Happy Story Outcome

Nice to see a positive outcome for this 90 year old women. No negitives please. Good for her and her Family. And a positive side to our President in his wisdom.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The New York Times says Trump has a “small personal stake” in Sanofi, the French drug manufacturer that produces the drug.   hydroxychloroquine, 

THERE's your answer everyone..... to the OBSESSION the DON has with promoting this drug.he hopes will save his personal wealth---which is his first priority.  

The report doesn’t say how small, but it notes that his three family trusts have investments in a Dodge & Cox mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi.    A fund that matches this description is the Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund DODFX, +2.11%, which at last check was 3.3% invested in Sanofi.  

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-personal-stake-in-the-malaria-drug-maker-sanofi-could-be-as...

Honored Social Butterfly

This is known as Trump World logic where his cult members will do anything to make their Supreme Leader look good. This is NOT Science. 

The woman received an arrray of medicines and treatment. There is no way of knowing if the malaria drug played any role in her recovery, if it was some other drug, or if she would have recovered anyway. One person is not a scientfic study.

They don't understand science in Trump World, but they love giving Trump credit. However, they never hold him accountable for anything negative.

Recognized Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This is known as Trump World logic where his cult members will do anything to make their Supreme Leader look good. This is NOT Science. 

The woman received an arrray of medicines and treatment. There is no way of knowing if the malaria drug played any role in her recovery, if it was some other drug, or if she would have recovered anyway. One person is not a scientfic study.

They don't understand science in Trump World, but they love giving Trump credit. However, they never hold him accountable for anything negative.

From what I read, I never saw anything about her taking the drug.  In fact, since she didn't want to go on a ventilator, I would be surprised if she used this drug.

0 Kudos

@magi2u wrote:

Nice to see a positive outcome for this 90 year old women. No negitives please. Good for her and her Family. And a positive side to our President in his wisdom.

Are you talking about the lady in Kirkland Washington?  Yes, it was nice to see a positive outcome and I am pleased for her and her family. 

What is the positive side to the President and his wisdom that helped with this case?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

That the malaria drug did help her when given as a last resort. President trump did in fact say, (through people of more knowledge telling him) that it might be a help with this virus, and in this case, the Doctor did in fact give it to her and it did in fact help her.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@magi2u wrote:

.....President trump did in fact say, (through people of more knowledge telling him) that it might be a help with this virus, and in this case, the Doctor did in fact give it to her and it did in fact help her.

If the patient had died, would dt still be right about the drug?  OF COURSE NOT  He declared, to the whole world, "it can't hurt you".  And..we..will..never..know.  When this experiment is over, medical records are going to be, are right now, in disarray.  Aside from this pill, (experiment) the don expresses his help and concen as follows.  Keep in mind, as of today:

DEATH COUNT

Nebraska-17... Minnesota-57... Montana-6... NEW YORK-5,427 

Analysis: Some states getting $300K per coronavirus case, New York getting $12K

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/492325-analysis-some-states-getting-300k-per-coronavirus-case-...

They had to get the money out fast, Medicare guidelines were the ONLY way, easiest figures, we're not going on per death capita BECAUSE it's a Senior disease? 

How involved, is beyond my comprehension.  My hunch is not good - opportunity for a dt.admin sleight of hand, pass through, skim, not reimbursable.  See...I have no idea, but He Does Have a (really nasty money)  Reputation, Magi.  Slipshod, diabolical, lazy governing at IT'S peak?

dt seems to be sticking a knife into NewYork's guts, just because he can.

@magi2u wrote:

That the malaria drug did help her when given as a last resort. President trump did in fact say, (through people of more knowledge telling him) that it might be a help with this virus, and in this case, the Doctor did in fact give it to her and it did in fact help her.

The stories that I have read on this case through 2 local sources (I am not local, I googled them), never mentioned the malaria drug.  Both implied she fought through it and got better on her own.

Do you have a link that shows her getting the drug?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I did in fact read it But with your attitude, no matter what I proved, you would still be a Trump hater. It it fruitless to argue and prove anything to those who are in full prove it yada, yada, yada, mode. Lets face it, if you stubbed your toe, it would be Trumps fault. I have nothing else to say to people who are sooooooo negitive and will say good bye to all the haters and disrespectful people on these boards. I have better things to do. For those who are decent, I respectfully wish you all the best in life.

0 Kudos

@magi2u wrote:

I did in fact read it But with your attitude, no matter what I proved, you would still be a Trump hater. It it fruitless to argue and prove anything to those who are in full prove it yada, yada, yada, mode. Lets face it, if you stubbed your toe, it would be Trumps fault. I have nothing else to say to people who are sooooooo negitive and will say good bye to all the haters and disrespectful people on these boards. I have better things to do. For those who are decent, I respectfully wish you all the best in life.

Since all of the articles that I read about it did not mention that hydroxychloroquine was used in her treatment, and there are several different drugs being tested, all I asked was evidence of what you posted.  It appears to me that you just assumed the drug was used because she had a positive outcome.  Since you don't have any articles to cite, you immediately go into the fact that I am some kind of "hater" and am somehow extremely negative.  (maybe you need to look in a mirror.)  I also have better things to do than communicate with somebody who seems to lack the ability to critically analyze anything.  Questioning is not hatred and blindly following is not love.

I am still amazed at how people who will cheer and applaud when Trump bullies people and calls them names will try to pass off others as "haters".

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png