Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Half of Trump's Twitter followers are fakes and bots?

Message 11 of 37

Apparently the donald supporters here like imaginary friends and like it that machines are now shaping and disseminating donalds words regardless of the truth.     That sure sounds like those people are totallly brainwashed are when faced with evidence, they refuse to admit that they have been had by artifical intelligence.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 37

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--Trump would be better off if he forgot how to use his Twitter account, as all his twitters do is prove to the world that he is an unstable,  out of touch, incompetent,  delusional fool.

He's a disgrace to this country.

It is good that you want to help President Trump.

However, I really do not know the effect or the effectiveness of tweeting. It doesn't move me one way or the other.

And yet you earlier posted how well "it works".

Yes, I did. Your point???

You contradicted yourself!!!

1) I am not the issue. Try to get over your "attack " obsession and deal with the issues;

A personal attack .....

2) No contradiction - I am not a tweeter yet I understand it's power.

Followed by yet another contradiction as you earlier stated "I really do not know the effect or the effectiveness of tweeting."

Let it go. As I said, I know nothing about tweeting, I've recently gone from the rotary to the pushbutton phone. But, it appears that those "in the know" think the stuff is effective. You cannot watch a news broadcast on any network without seeing his tweets. That would appear to indicate they are effective.

Actually, they got Trump into a deeper hole.

Do you have anything of greater interest or  importance to discuss than my lack of tweeting?

It's not your "lack of tweeting" that is of interest. It's the continued contradictions that are of interest .... as I clearly identified.

No you haven't. You've only put out your usual sting of insults. So, for now I'll bid you adieu.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 37

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--Trump would be better off if he forgot how to use his Twitter account, as all his twitters do is prove to the world that he is an unstable,  out of touch, incompetent,  delusional fool.

However, I really do not know the effect or the effectiveness of tweeting. It doesn't move me one way or the other.

1) I am not the issue. Try to get over your "attack " obsession and deal with the issues;

A personal attack .....

Followed by yet another contradiction as you earlier stated "I really do not know the effect or the effectiveness of tweeting."

Let it go. As I said, I know nothing about tweeting, I've recently gone from the rotary to the pushbutton phone. But, it appears that those "in the know" think the stuff is effective. You cannot watch a news broadcast on any network without seeing his tweets. That would appear to indicate they are effective.

Actually, they got Trump into a deeper hole.

Do you have anything of greater interest or  importance to discuss than my lack of tweeting?

It's not your "lack of tweeting" that is of interest. It's the continued contradictions that are of interest .... as I clearly identified.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Half of Trump's Twitter followers are fakes and bots?

Message 14 of 37

Dozens of top executives urged Trump not to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement. Now that he's done it, many are voicing their displeasure. "Disappointed with today's decision on the Paris Agreement," Immelt said Thursday on Twitter shortly after Trump's announcement. "Climate change is real," he wrote. "Industry must now lead and not depend on government."

The criticism of Trump came from executives across many industries, and it was a sign of just how damaged the Trump brand has become, said presidential historian Douglas Brinkley. Brinkley said the broad criticism of a president from so many CEOs, who by nature are cautious in their public comments, was very unusual.

"It's an absolutely bizarre and unprecedented moment in American history," said Brinkley.

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, anounced that he's quitting the president's business advisory councils because of the decision. "Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world," he said on Twitter.

Musk wasn't the only Trump adviser to walk away after the announcement. Disney CEO Bob Iger also said he will step down "as a matter of principle" from Trump's Strategic and Policy Forum, a group of business leaders who offer the president advice. "Protecting our planet and driving economic growth are critical to our future, and they aren't mutually exclusive," Iger said in a statement. "I deeply disagree with the decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement."

Trump's announcement even prompted Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein to post his first ever tweet. "Today's decision is a setback for the environment and for the U.S.'s leadership position in the world. #ParisAgreement," Blankfein wrote.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 37

@xrepub wrote:

"

As I said, however, these days the fight against climate action is largely driven by sheer spite.

Pay any attention to modern right-wing discourse — including op-ed articles by top Trump officials — and you find deep hostility to any notion that some problems require collective action beyond shooting people and blowing things up.

695COMMENTS

Beyond this, much of today’s right seems driven above all by animus toward liberals rather than specific issues. If liberals are for it, they’re against it. If liberals hate it, it’s good. Add to this the anti-intellectualism of the G.O.P. base, for whom scientific consensus on an issue is a minus, not a plus, with extra bonus points for undermining anything associated with President Barack Obama.

And if all this sounds too petty and vindictive to be the basis for momentous policy decisions, consider the character of the man in the White House. Need I say more?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/opinion/trump-gratuitously-rejects-the-paris-climate-accord.html?...

There is another body of thought that comes into play here. Admittedly not as much fun as looking down on those anti-intellectual rubes over there in fly over country. 

Let's start with the Obama reference. People opposed the Paris agreement when he put it together. Naturally, those same people oppose it today. Of course the easy course would be to assume it was racist - you know that black guy in the "White House" - or you could consider the possibility that they thought IT was a bad idea all by itself.

It is possible that people (even non-rubes) were not thrilled with the idea of us immediately effecting our citizens in return for China and India saying that they would do "something sometime". Then add to that the fact that we were going to send billions overseas to finance that "something sometime" and you can see that there might be more than just ignorance involved.

So, in answer to your question - yes, you need say more.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 37

@xrepub wrote:

Have you ever wondered whether there were bots posting here?

THere are several posters who never demonstrate any human intelligence in their posts. Artificial intelligence could account for the content of all their posts. Program a bot to always respond with "Trump Haters again" or equivalent, or simply changing the subject if it is negative to Trump and you would have the posts of a few of our more prolific posters.

Alternately, bots could just say something inane (but insulting) about the President regardless of the topic and you'd have pretty much the pattern of many of our posts here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 37

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

A personal attack .....

Do you have anything of greater interest or  importance to discuss than my lack of tweeting???

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 37

"

As I said, however, these days the fight against climate action is largely driven by sheer spite.

Pay any attention to modern right-wing discourse — including op-ed articles by top Trump officials — and you find deep hostility to any notion that some problems require collective action beyond shooting people and blowing things up.

695COMMENTS

Beyond this, much of today’s right seems driven above all by animus toward liberals rather than specific issues. If liberals are for it, they’re against it. If liberals hate it, it’s good. Add to this the anti-intellectualism of the G.O.P. base, for whom scientific consensus on an issue is a minus, not a plus, with extra bonus points for undermining anything associated with President Barack Obama.

And if all this sounds too petty and vindictive to be the basis for momentous policy decisions, consider the character of the man in the White House. Need I say more?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/opinion/trump-gratuitously-rejects-the-paris-climate-accord.html?...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 37

Have you ever wondered whether there were bots posting here?

THere are several posters who never demonstrate any human intelligence in their posts. Artificial intelligence could account for the content of all their posts. Program a bot to always respond with "Trump Haters again" or equivalent, or simply changing the subject if it is negative to Trump and you would have the posts of a few of our more prolific posters.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 37

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

A personal attack .....

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views