AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HR1384 or MEDICARE FOR ALL

Message 51 of 58

John wrote-You start off with a plan that provides the coverage everyone needs and then adjust the premium for a persons real finical situation. That way you have real coverage. The ACA did that.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ACA has restrictions  like Medicare advantage that determines what Doctors and medical facility you can go to.Regular medicare has little restricitons and generally  you can go and see whatever Doctor you want. However with regular Medicare ,you are reponsible for 20% of your bill.  Most people probably would not like this ,especially if you have a $100,000 medical procedure.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

Unfortunately  I don't agree with the prohibitions that they are setting for the private insurances.  I  want to have the option to pay what I can afford and not have anyone tell  me that no I cannot.

I am still reading and digesting a lot. but yes there are good things but I have not found out. cost.

what will happen to a family in which the only worker is the husband. how are they going to charge  him for his family what happens when there is a divorce? There are too many questions. that I need to have answered.

There are plans like that on the market. It is what was called junk insurance. People buy it because that is all they want to pay or can afford. Usually it has caps on benefits, and can exclude items most people will use. Now what happens when the person who has such a policy uses it and very little of the total medical problem is covered. The person get all the needed treatment and the taxpayers foot most of the bill. That is why these types of coverage were dropped. You start off with a plan that provides the coverage everyone needs and then adjust the premium for a persons real finical situation. That way you have real coverage. The ACA did that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 58

Medicaid is another question that has to be answered to those who can`t afford Medicare.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 58

@Tom5678 wrote:
I have not read the bill so cannot comment on it, but regarding Medicare for all, I support Pete Buttigieg's stance on it, it should be an OPTION. If you want to keep your private insurance you can keep it, if you want to opt in to Medicare for all, you can opt in. I support this.

Actually that is one of the things that I don't like. they prohibit  private insurance to provide what already is provided in the plan. so if the plan is bad or not that good, what then?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 58

Unfortunately  I don't agree with the prohibitions that they are setting for the private insurances.  I  want to have the option to pay what I can afford and not have anyone tell  me that no I cannot.

I am still reading and digesting a lot. but yes there are good things but I have not found out. cost.

what will happen to a family in which the only worker is the husband. how are they going to charge  him for his family what happens when there is a divorce? There are too many questions. that I need to have answered.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 58

Medicare for All requires government single payer. This would eliminate all private insurers who now  are a important part  of our current health care. Think about it.  Employers would no longer insure their employees who usually get really good rates on their premiums. 320 million people who will be thrown into the government bureaucracy.  Seniors-- private insurance companies who usually provide medicare advantage and medicare supplements will be gone. Who will be paying the 20% that medicare doesn`t cover now??? Also who will take over the  Drug coverage that private companies now supply seniors.?  I see a nightmare scenario in the making that usually happens when the government gets involved in anything.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 58
I have not read the bill so cannot comment on it, but regarding Medicare for all, I support Pete Buttigieg's stance on it, it should be an OPTION. If you want to keep your private insurance you can keep it, if you want to opt in to Medicare for all, you can opt in. I support this.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

HR1384 or MEDICARE FOR ALL

Message 58 of 58

I have read and printed all ten pages of that summary,  and there are many questions that I have regarding this bill. 

Instead of arguing I would appreciate if you would post what are the things that you find comfortable. I will also post the things that concern me. and perhaps we can actually learn from one another.

Kudos
Views
Replies