Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HR1384 or MEDICARE FOR ALL

Message 31 of 58

@john258 wrote:

Suggest you reread what I posted to you. I gave you the history of the ACA which anyone should know if they are going to post about it. Now if giving you facts is intimidating to you then so be it. Believe what you want, but I thought you were looking for information so the beliefs you had were based on what really is happening. Medicare for all approach is the final answer to the problem and it is not a Reb. or Dem answer but the correct answer. The ACA was a Reb. approach, and Hillary Care was a Dem approach. In the end both would have ended up in the same place. The problem is the far right which does not want anything so as a Gov. of GA said let them die in the streets. The problem now is people who do not want to learn the subject.

Yes there was intimidation when you said that I shouldn't  have mention the immigrarion issue. I did and I do. New immigrants that will come into this country, will affect what we have in this country. and there needs to be a real disucussion how is going to be implemented on those new residents/

and sorry, I am not discussing the ACA or its origins in this discussion. I am dealing with this new law, that you seem to think is fine. Whether I think, it better be the beginning of a complete change to Medicare if it ever becomes law.

I will criticize what I don't understand of feel is fine, I am  counting on the porsers to be to really don't jump into a laws just because the "slogan" sounds good.

I have been a proponent of a National Health Care system since before the ACA came to pass. and understand the needs of this type of system in this country.

But, after seeing on the amount of issues that the ACA had to face, I am concerned as to have now a population that in their quest to have health care for all may jump blindly into something that will lack in many issues and on top to really mess up a program that has serve this country well for too many years.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Yes we did put trust in the ACA. Here is the background. Ar the time Obama was trying to get something that would get support from both sides, and the ACA fit that. The ACA was written by a Reb. think tank as an answer to Hillery care bill in the 80. It was used in Mass. under Reb. Gov. Romney, and a Dem. house and senate in that state. It worked. Obama got the same person who put the Mass program in to work the ACA. Sadly after the ACA was passed major changes were made to it by the courts, and far right state Gov. It always takes a few years for a major program like the ACA to take full effect. The 80% loss ratio is an example. That had a phase in period and that alone is a major coast reducer. After the ACA was in effect for a few years you saw major improvements to health care, just not as many as were written into it for the reasons I gave you. There was a major system problem when it was first implemented and this was due to the way the Fed. Govt. has to contract. Obama stepped in and got an outside system expert in to head the entire system and he fixed the problems. The ACA was the best that could be done at the time, and all new it was a step to a medicare for all approach which will be the final answer. Keep the immigration out of this as it will have little or no effect on the final results. By bringing it in all you do is give the far right more to try and kill heath care for all. The far right has opposed everything that will help all people  for years, and are the main blocker to solving health care in this country.

What you are saying is preposterous.  I will  criticize what I see as incorrect. and if now the Democrats cannot take criticism on their Medicare for All, that is a big problem that they will  have to deal with.

I will criticize and put my opinion here and elsewher. Do  not ever try to intimidate me or tell me that I cannot say what I believe.

What is the problem now with the Democrats, are they turning Republicans.?

Suggest you reread what I posted to you. I gave you the history of the ACA which anyone should know if they are going to post about it. Now if giving you facts is intimidating to you then so be it. Believe what you want, but I thought you were looking for information so the beliefs you had were based on what really is happening. Medicare for all approach is the final answer to the problem and it is not a Reb. or Dem answer but the correct answer. The ACA was a Reb. approach, and Hillary Care was a Dem approach. In the end both would have ended up in the same place. The problem is the far right which does not want anything so as a Gov. of GA said let them die in the streets. The problem now is people who do not want to learn the subject.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 58

@john258 wrote:

Yes we did put trust in the ACA. Here is the background. Ar the time Obama was trying to get something that would get support from both sides, and the ACA fit that. The ACA was written by a Reb. think tank as an answer to Hillery care bill in the 80. It was used in Mass. under Reb. Gov. Romney, and a Dem. house and senate in that state. It worked. Obama got the same person who put the Mass program in to work the ACA. Sadly after the ACA was passed major changes were made to it by the courts, and far right state Gov. It always takes a few years for a major program like the ACA to take full effect. The 80% loss ratio is an example. That had a phase in period and that alone is a major coast reducer. After the ACA was in effect for a few years you saw major improvements to health care, just not as many as were written into it for the reasons I gave you. There was a major system problem when it was first implemented and this was due to the way the Fed. Govt. has to contract. Obama stepped in and got an outside system expert in to head the entire system and he fixed the problems. The ACA was the best that could be done at the time, and all new it was a step to a medicare for all approach which will be the final answer. Keep the immigration out of this as it will have little or no effect on the final results. By bringing it in all you do is give the far right more to try and kill heath care for all. The far right has opposed everything that will help all people  for years, and are the main blocker to solving health care in this country.

What you are saying is preposterous.  I will  criticize what I see as incorrect. and if now the Democrats cannot take criticism on their Medicare for All, that is a big problem that they will  have to deal with.

I will criticize and put my opinion here and elsewher. Do  not ever try to intimidate me or tell me that I cannot say what I believe.

What is the problem now with the Democrats, are they turning Republicans.?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

First when you say read the bill. Well one has to understand the language of the people who write the bills. Very few people do as it is designed to interface with all laws on the books covering the subject. I know I do not, and neither will anyone who does not work with this just about on a daily basis. Quite a few members of the house and senate do not, but their staffs do. So do not read the bill you have to go what they want in it the final law. That is the starting point and the changes come fast, and often as progress toward a finished draft of what is to be in the bill. As I have said before you have experts in the field of health care work out what needs to be done. My guess on this bill that has not happened, but experts on what this group wants is included. Have no fear if it is serious real experts on the entire health care system will rework it.

We all put a lot of trust in Obamacare and please don't tell me that lots of experienced people didn't get into what they first offered and the changes that it went thru and yet. there were many faults into this bill. To me the most  important one  was it was not mandated. NOw, not one word with how they will deal with new immigrants that come in this country. and hw they will be covered.

Canada because they do have a single payer system is very clear into how immigrants will be allowed into the country and puts a cap as to how many a family can claim to come to Canada. 

That is something that needs to be looked into as to how we are going to deal with this issue. still, nothing on the implementation of families and single workers.  too many questions and not many anwers in that bill.  In my view it has a long way to go. As is writeen it will get nowhere.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 58

@john258 wrote:

First when you say read the bill. Well one has to understand the language of the people who write the bills. Very few people do as it is designed to interface with all laws on the books covering the subject. I know I do not, and neither will anyone who does not work with this just about on a daily basis. Quite a few members of the house and senate do not, but their staffs do. So do not read the bill you have to go what they want in it the final law. That is the starting point and the changes come fast, and often as progress toward a finished draft of what is to be in the bill. As I have said before you have experts in the field of health care work out what needs to be done. My guess on this bill that has not happened, but experts on what this group wants is included. Have no fear if it is serious real experts on the entire health care system will rework it.

We all put a lot of trust in Obamacare and please don't tell me that lots of experienced people didn't get into what they first offered and the changes that it went thru and yet. there were many faults into this bill. To me the most  important one  was it was not mandated. NOw, not one word with how they will deal with new immigrants that come in this country. and hw they will be covered.

Canada because they do have a single payer system is very clear into how immigrants will be allowed into the country and puts a cap as to how many a family can claim to come to Canada. 

That is something that needs to be looked into as to how we are going to deal with this issue. still, nothing on the implementation of families and single workers.  too many questions and not many anwers in that bill.  In my view it has a long way to go. As is writeen it will get nowhere.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Well you might have heard wrong. There can be a medicare for all type system that includes Carriers, Co-ops, etc, and their are systems used around the world who do not. The systems for the most part that use them have worked better. By the way the Admin of Medicare for claims uses Carriers. You have experts in this field design the final system just as they did the ACA which was step one. One thing I have not heard from any Dem is the far right Reb. cry of let them die in the streets. That is the main difference between to  two.

I suggest  that you read the bill.

Prohibition against duplicate coverage.
1.-Prohibits the sale oof health insurance coverage that duplicates the benefits available under the program.No

Allows the sale of insurance coverage that provides supplemental  coverage.

Now this one is pretty  confusing. if they cannot cover anything that is already in the plan what are they going to cover? what does a supplemental can cover that is not on the plan? Lie I have said many parts of this bill need to be explained very well I hve read the whole summary and find many of the different clauses quite confusing. and nothing in the ocst of the implementation for singles and families. and how is going to impact tradiditional Medicare. Sorry, but I thought that Obamacare was a lot better but with faults because it was not mandated for all. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 58

@john258 wrote:

Well you might have heard wrong. There can be a medicare for all type system that includes Carriers, Co-ops, etc, and their are systems used around the world who do not. The systems for the most part that use them have worked better. By the way the Admin of Medicare for claims uses Carriers. You have experts in this field design the final system just as they did the ACA which was step one. One thing I have not heard from any Dem is the far right Reb. cry of let them die in the streets. That is the main difference between to  two.

I suggest  that you read the bill.

Prohibition against duplicate coverage.
1.-Prohibits the sale oof health insurance coverage that duplicates the benefits available under the program.No

Allows the sale of insurance coverage that provides supplemental  coverage.

Now this one is pretty  confusing. if they cannot cover anything that is already in the plan what are they going to cover? what does a supplemental can cover that is not on the plan? Lie I have said many parts of this bill need to be explained very well I hve read the whole summary and find many of the different clauses quite confusing. and nothing in the ocst of the implementation for singles and families. and how is going to impact tradiditional Medicare. Sorry, but I thought that Obamacare was a lot better but with faults because it was not mandated for all. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 58

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

So the left is thinking we should pass the bill and then read/understand the bill?

The thinking is one needs to know  the subject for a good discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 58

So the left is thinking we should pass the bill and then read/understand the bill?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 58

@easyed598 wrote:

John wrote-What people are talking about is a medicare for all approach which would not replace Obamacare or the ACA-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are trying to tell us that Medicare for All doesn`t really mean Medicare for all  if you choose not to have it. The radical Dems I heard want to eliminate all private insurers which includes Obamacare and employers who pick up a lot of the  private insurers premium/cost and also the private insurers who participate in the Medicare advantage and medicare supplements plans.

Kudos
Views