Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HR1384 or MEDICARE FOR ALL

Message 21 of 58

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

easy asks "Who will be paying the 20% that medicare doesn`t cover now???"

-----------------

How about Properly Tax the Insanely Wealthy , who have paid NO TAX on their TRILLIONS hidden in Tax Free Overseas Accounts or is that too painful for them ?

Do you have some inside knowledge the the "insanely wealthy" have paid no tax on the money that (you claim) are in overseas tax free accounts? Does the left get updates on where tax are and who they are? How about taxing those that require the "medicare for all"?

You don't know about the multiple $trillions$ that the wealthy have sheltered in tax free off shore accounts?  Sorry you are so uninformed about this. Try the Cayman Islands, for one.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

1. The base will be the same as now. I told you all countries have agreements they follow.

2. Not true. It did effect medicare.

3. There is no ambiguity in the laws you referred to. People who write the laws know what the material you referred to said. You and I did not.

4. Glad we agree on something.

Please do refresh my memory, on how the ACA affected Medicare? 
Are you now telling me that I should believe what you say as the Gospel? So, you know what the final     program is going to look like?

You obviously don't see that any changes need to be made?

The only thing that at this time we seem to agree on ,is the fact that both want a National Health care system. but at least myself, not necessarily Medicare for All

https://www.ehealthmedicare.com/about-medicare-articles/affordable-care-act-affects-medicare-benefic...

Is this what you meant by Medicare being affected by the ACA. I simply thought it enhanced it.

Well it looks like you refreshed your memory  by the article you posted as that covered some of it. The extra money paid to Carriers for Advantage programs was set to be phased out, and there were other savings. I have no intention of going back and give you details as do your own research and you will find I am correct. The far right spent every day telling us how the ACA was taking millions from Medicare, when in fact what they were talking about was savings to Medicare which came about due to the ACA and could be counted as savings due to it. Happy research. I have told you over and over a group of experts need to come up with a draft program which will be built on the current system, and I am sure will be a medicare for all approach. Read Gail's post. I seldom agree with her, but she outlines a lot of the ideas out there right now. The  experts can come up with one program as a starting point then it is  worked to a point where most agree when it goes to bill form for Congress. That will take some time. That path was tried with Hillary Care but the far right stopped it. Nothing will be done as long as trump is in Office as he is a chief destroyer of Health Care not a builder of health care.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 58

@rker321 

I have been tracking this legislation since it was introduced in late February but according to

Congress.gov -Text: H.R.1384 — 116th Congress (2019 - 2020) Official Title as Introduced: To establi... NO text has actually been posted yet.  So where are you reading this Bill?

Sure some of the MSM have posted a few things about it - I posted those in a thread which I started on 03/05/2019 - AARP Politics and Current Events Board - NEW " Medicare for All "Bill Introduced in House - OPEN POC...

rker321, this is only one among many - There is still HR676 that could be dusted off and reintroduced - I posted each segment of that legislation here years ago when Congressman John Conyers of Michigan introduced it - he is no longer in Congress - think he was shamed out for some reason.  For the conversation on HR 676 of which you participated, here is the thread:

AARP Politics and Current Events Board - 01/16/2017 - H.R. 676 - Medicare for All

It was actually introduced in the 2015-2016 Congress.

Bernie just updated his "Medicare for All" proposed legislation - he added back LongTerm Care to it - it was in, then he took it out due to the cost but since this new one (HR1384) has LongTerm Care within it, Bernie decided to put it back into his - He doesn't want to be outdone, 'ya know.

Now adding in LongTerm Care should up the price tag as well as covering Dental, Vision - hey why leave out Hearing.

I think we would come out better discussing the specifics of single payer systems of other countries to see how they work it - what's covered, how covered, cost containment methods, the role of private insurance, if any - ChasKy53 likes Norway - we could start with that country.

Until we get serious about cutting cost in medical care, pharmaceuticals, Medicare and Medicaid and other places - nothing is gonna happen.  Look how the word "cut" sends people into a panic even when it is not their benefits that are being affected. 

But "Medicare for All"  needs to be called something else - How about Healthcare for All - nice and non-descript, which is what the plan is now - non-descript, pie in the sky.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 58

@john258 wrote:

1. The base will be the same as now. I told you all countries have agreements they follow.

3. There is no ambiguity in the laws you referred to. People who write the laws know what the material you referred to said. You and I did not.

Please do refresh my memory, on how the ACA affected Medicare? 
Are you now telling me that I should believe what you say as the Gospel? So, you know what the final     program is going to look like?

You obviously don't see that any changes need to be made?

The only thing that at this time we seem to agree on ,is the fact that both want a National Health care system. but at least myself, not necessarily Medicare for All

https://www.ehealthmedicare.com/about-medicare-articles/affordable-care-act-affects-medicare-benefic...

Is this what you meant by Medicare being affected by the ACA. I simply thought it enhanced it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

By the numbers:

1. Reread what I told you about  immigration. I told you it will have little or no effect on health care and by bringing it in a discussion on health care it just gives the people against health care a diversion to the subject. New immigrants will be covered as they have always been. Nothing changes as the US like other developed countries have agreements to do that. 
Really?  well, well well. so future immigranst have will be integrated HOW?  I do understand that there will be options for these new immigrants, But we need to know what they are. And if this is creating division. I don't happen to think that Americans are so stupid as to not wanting to know how everything will be dealt with.

2. You can not discuss health care without discussing the ACA as that is the starting point for any new changes to the system. To do that one needs to know about the ACA, and how you use the ACA to move forwarded with improvements. Oh   yes we all should.. because the ACA didn't affect Medicare at all. 

3. One does not criticize what they do not understand. They get to understand then criticize. Both, darling. explanations are in order of things that I am comfused or not undertanding because of their ambuguity.

4. I like you want to see a good national health care system. The best way to do that is to have experts put together a plan as a starting point. As I have said before no one in here can do that. That way we will have a starting path to review and comment on. If you agree that this is a starting plan, and that many questions will be asked and many changes will be forthcoming. then I will agree with you on this part.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 58

@john258 wrote:

By the numbers:

1. Reread what I told you about  immigration. I told you it will have little or no effect on health care and by bringing it in a discussion on health care it just gives the people against health care a diversion to the subject. New immigrants will be covered as they have always been. Nothing changes as the US like other developed countries have agreements to do that. 
Really?  well, well well. so future immigranst have will be integrated HOW?  I do understand that there will be options for these new immigrants, But we need to know what they are. And if this is creating division. I don't happen to think that Americans are so stupid as to not wanting to know how everything will be dealt with.

2. You can not discuss health care without discussing the ACA as that is the starting point for any new changes to the system. To do that one needs to know about the ACA, and how you use the ACA to move forwarded with improvements. Oh   yes we all should.. because the ACA didn't affect Medicare at all. 

3. One does not criticize what they do not understand. They get to understand then criticize. Both, darling. explanations are in order of things that I am comfused or not undertanding because of their ambuguity.

4. I like you want to see a good national health care system. The best way to do that is to have experts put together a plan as a starting point. As I have said before no one in here can do that. That way we will have a starting path to review and comment on. If you agree that this is a starting plan, and that many questions will be asked and many changes will be forthcoming. then I will agree with you on this part.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 58

@john258 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Suggest you reread what I posted to you. I gave you the history of the ACA which anyone should know if they are going to post about it. Now if giving you facts is intimidating to you then so be it. Believe what you want, but I thought you were looking for information so the beliefs you had were based on what really is happening. Medicare for all approach is the final answer to the problem and it is not a Reb. or Dem answer but the correct answer. The ACA was a Reb. approach, and Hillary Care was a Dem approach. In the end both would have ended up in the same place. The problem is the far right which does not want anything so as a Gov. of GA said let them die in the streets. The problem now is people who do not want to learn the subject.

Yes there was intimidation when you said that I shouldn't  have mention the immigrarion issue. I did and I do. New immigrants that will come into this country, will affect what we have in this country. and there needs to be a real disucussion how is going to be implemented on those new residents/

and sorry, I am not discussing the ACA or its origins in this discussion. I am dealing with this new law, that you seem to think is fine. Whether I think, it better be the beginning of a complete change to Medicare if it ever becomes law.

I will criticize what I don't understand of feel is fine, I am  counting on the porsers to be to really don't jump into a laws just because the "slogan" sounds good.

I have been a proponent of a National Health Care system since before the ACA came to pass. and understand the needs of this type of system in this country.

But, after seeing on the amount of issues that the ACA had to face, I am concerned as to have now a population that in their quest to have health care for all may jump blindly into something that will lack in many issues and on top to really mess up a program that has serve this country well for too many years.

By the numbers:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 58

@mandm84 wrote:

-----------------

How about Properly Tax the Insanely Wealthy , who have paid NO TAX on their TRILLIONS hidden in Tax Free Overseas Accounts or is that too painful for them ?

Do you have some inside knowledge the the "insanely wealthy" have paid no tax on the money that (you claim) are in overseas tax free accounts? Does the left get updates on where tax are and who they are? How about taxing those that require the "medicare for all"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 58

@rker321 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Suggest you reread what I posted to you. I gave you the history of the ACA which anyone should know if they are going to post about it. Now if giving you facts is intimidating to you then so be it. Believe what you want, but I thought you were looking for information so the beliefs you had were based on what really is happening. Medicare for all approach is the final answer to the problem and it is not a Reb. or Dem answer but the correct answer. The ACA was a Reb. approach, and Hillary Care was a Dem approach. In the end both would have ended up in the same place. The problem is the far right which does not want anything so as a Gov. of GA said let them die in the streets. The problem now is people who do not want to learn the subject.

Yes there was intimidation when you said that I shouldn't  have mention the immigrarion issue. I did and I do. New immigrants that will come into this country, will affect what we have in this country. and there needs to be a real disucussion how is going to be implemented on those new residents/

and sorry, I am not discussing the ACA or its origins in this discussion. I am dealing with this new law, that you seem to think is fine. Whether I think, it better be the beginning of a complete change to Medicare if it ever becomes law.

I will criticize what I don't understand of feel is fine, I am  counting on the porsers to be to really don't jump into a laws just because the "slogan" sounds good.

I have been a proponent of a National Health Care system since before the ACA came to pass. and understand the needs of this type of system in this country.

But, after seeing on the amount of issues that the ACA had to face, I am concerned as to have now a population that in their quest to have health care for all may jump blindly into something that will lack in many issues and on top to really mess up a program that has serve this country well for too many years.

By the numbers:

2. You can not discuss health care without discussing the ACA as that is the starting point for any new changes to the system. To do that one needs to know about the ACA, and how you use the ACA to move forwarded with improvements.

3. One does not criticize what they do not understand. They get to understand then criticize.

4. I like you want to see a good national health care system. The best way to do that is to have experts put together a plan as a starting point. As I have said before no one in here can do that. That way we will have a starting path to review and comment on.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 58

-----------------

Kudos
Views