Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW UNGRATEFUL WE HAVE BECOME

Message 1 of 20

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

What you mean, "We," kemosabe?

I suspect that you don't even know where that expression came from.

We Kimosabe  refers to the Cubans that  came to the US scaping many the same issues that now some are experiencing. 

So, according to you, Cuban refugees have become ungrateful.  I am glad that you are not speaking for non-Cuban Americans. I am so glad that you understood my post.

The expression, 'What you mean, "We," kemosabe?' originated in a cartoon in Mad Magazine during the mid 1970s.  The Lone Ranger and Tonto were surrounded by American Indians on the warpath.  The Lone Ranger says to Tonto, "It looks like we are done for."  Tonto replies, "What you mean, "We."  Later it became a word of mouth joke, with embellishments.  Later still, it became part of a song lyric which was technically plagiarism. Thank you for the history of the word.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@rker321 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

We Kimosabe  refers to the Cubans that  came to the US scaping many the same issues that now some are experiencing. 

So, according to you, Cuban refugees have become ungrateful.  I am glad that you are not speaking for non-Cuban Americans.

The expression, 'What you mean, "We," kemosabe?' originated in a cartoon in Mad Magazine during the mid 1970s.  The Lone Ranger and Tonto were surrounded by American Indians on the warpath.  The Lone Ranger says to Tonto, "It looks like we are done for."  Tonto replies, "What you mean, "We."  Later it became a word of mouth joke, with embellishments.  Later still, it became part of a song lyric which was technically plagiarism. 

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

rker321 , I respect your opinion because you lived it , but some love to question anything that don't like to hear.  They like to think they know it all and never admit when they're wrong. Sounds like our President !

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

@aruzinsky wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@Soosie wrote:
PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT.............Is this shouting? It looks like all caps.

I am not shouting. simply having big fonts. my eyesight is not good and AARP know this issue so don't bother to complain about my big letters. they already know about this.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20
PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT.............Is this shouting? It looks like all caps.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@rker321 wrote:

I came to the US in Jan 1961  and so  m any Cubans came to the US for the same reasons that many now are trying to come to this country. as did the Vietnamese.

What would have happened to all of us if instead of coming when we all did we would have come in an era in which Trump was President of the US?
We have forgotten about the true United States. and what this country stands for. Many  Cuabans and  many in my own family have forgotten that they did come to this country and how welcome we were when we did. 

Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, apparently have forgotten their roots and the reason that they are today in this country.

I just wonder what that reception would have been if we came in the era of Trump.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

You  remember well, and I have written a lot in this message board about those Cubans.  But the question here is  if there were any Cubans that came to this   country illegally, and I have answered that question now hopefully for all to understand.

Yes I also remember about how Batista took over the government and invited the Mafia into the country.  From what I recall neither he nor Castro actually had the country's welfare at heart.  The United States of course accepted refugees from both takeovers legally.

I have no intention is refuting what you have posted, all of this is already a published fact

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

Don't shout. Everyone does not have your past experiences. Be nice and share information.

alferd is right, your sentiment is misdirected and should be corrected, just to be nice.

Then send your editing energies to the following, downright hysterical screaming meemie.  He may be grateful to you for sharing and monitor his fits a bit more.  My guess though is - fat chance.  He too much enjoys inflicting his tantrums upon the world's entire population in the middle of the night.  Such an unhappy, scary, dangerous dude, not sleeping well in The People's House.
Donald J. Trump  
PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! It should never be allowed to happen again!
(Past tense indicates a major flaw in his sentence structure.)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Soosie  For your information. no Cuban came to the US illegally, there were laws that were in place that anyone coming from Cuba came to the US legally.

you should research

But for  information  I came here legally with  tourist visa  and there was an option in 1960 that if Cubans came in and requested Involuntary Departure they could stay as long as they wanted.

LIsten, Miami would not be the city that it is today thanks to the Cuban community so don't bother to think that we are the moochers and the takers that you people think that we were and that you think that anyone in this country happens to be.

Many of us brought in a lot of money with us and  we had business  and enterprises in this country for years. so please do research about the Cuban community in Miami

Don't shout. Everyone does not have your past experiences. Be nice and share information.

That was not shouting.

Adequate and complete comprehension of this site's TOS and Guidelines reveals that posting in all capital letters is defined as shouting -

It's impolite, disingenuous and disrespectful to misinterpret another's post in such a manner - it might even be considered by a majority of American Citizens to be an attack upon another poster...

Could an apology be appropriate?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views