You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

Message 61 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Hillary haters spent and continue to spend decades accusing her of things that Trump has actually done.   If you hated the act, you should hate Trump, too.  But you don't.   That leads me to believe the racism/sexist component is extremely strong...

And what things was Hillary accused of that Trump also did?  Remember I said that Trump was elected by default and as 'not Hillary'. 

She used private e-mail servers.

He uses an unsecured private phone to tweet and do who knows what else. He refuses to implement the security features that he's been asked to.  Much of his staff, like Jared Kushner and Stephen Miller and Kellyanne Conway, use private e-mail for work related matters, too.

Clinton Foundation and Pay to Play accusations.   No charges filed.

Trump Foundation.  Currently being sued in NY by the State Attorney General.  The NY AG said, "As our investigation reveals, the Trump Foundation was little more than a checkbook for payments from Mr. Trump or his business to nonprofits, regardless of their purpose or legality....The suit alleges that the Trump Foundation engaged in repeated and willful self-dealing transactions to benefit Mr. Trump's personal and business interests."

He also used the Trump Foundation to make a $25,000 donation to Pam Bondi who was running for reelection as Florida's Attorney General.  At the time, Bondi was looking into whether Florida should join the NY state probe into claims of fraud against Trump University.    Right after that donation arrived in Florida, Bondi dropped the investigation. 

More pay to play:  Emoluments clause violations -- like the the big private jail company that's getting so much new business with this zero tolerance immigration policy -- holds their annual convention at Trump's Doral Golf Club.   There are several scenarios playing out like this.

Trump whining about Hillary's "ties to Wall Street.  They own her." 

Trump cabinet members and staff are all infected with Wall Street.  Mnuchin, Treasury.  Ross, Commerce.    Bannon was.  Scaramuchi was. 

Lying Hillary.

Trump lies far more than Hillary ever did.   

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/lists/people/comparing-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-truth-o-...

Policy differences are one thing, but the people who engaged in ad hominem attacks against Hillary are complete hypocrites if they support Trump.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 75

@Soosie wrote:
It’s important to know, because we need to stop more Trumps in the future. .......@Xrep.........What is your plan so far? One thing I could add to it, is that Hillary not be the opposition.

I have no idea as to why so many blame Trump for anything that he does.  I have tried to explain that Trump is a reflection of who we are today as a society.

We love reality shows. we elevate individuals that have no talent because they simply manipulate the media.  AKA  Kardasians.  Honey Bo Bo  and others.
We have seen too many TV shows that have in  many ways lower our standards. and yes, the values those family values have dropped and most of everything ias allowed.
There are not controls in the family. The parents act as if their children are their friends.  The entitled generation has created a society that doesn't have moral limits.
So, why blame TrumP? when Trump is us

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 75

True - Hillary was a lousy candidate, but there has to be more. Remember, Trump won the nomination against several strong candidates as well as the Republican establishment.

He obviously sensed something there in the electorate that others missed. One obvious one was a dissatisfaction with "business as usual".

Then there is the ideological aspect. The Tea Party was a wake up call for the Republicans - they missed it. There was a great opportunity out there to capitalize on dissatisfaction with the Dems shifting too far left.

Also worth considering for anyone wanting no more Trumps is the lack of support for such rhetoric as "selfish, thin-skinned, petulant, lying, narcissistic, boastful, megalomaniac", an obsession with "lies" (often manufactured), cheering for a Trump balloon in England, "Trump sucks" and the like. Most Americans have a respect for the Office of the President and are turned off by constant spewing of hatred.

So, back to the basic question - how to prevent future Trumps. It's simple, recognize the desire of the American people for our basic Constitutional form of government. And, grow up.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 75

@jimc91 wrote:

Interesting...  There are posts with the same syntax as centerist...

There is no "centerist" here.

Interesting ...... all far right trump supporters sound alike.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 75

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Hillary haters spent and continue to spend decades accusing her of things that Trump has actually done.   If you hated the act, you should hate Trump, too.  But you don't.   That leads me to believe the racism/sexist component is extremely strong...

And what things was Hillary accused of that Trump also did?  Remember I said that Trump was elected by default and as 'not Hillary'. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That doesn’t explain why Republicans nominated such a vile man. You all could have nonimated a normal human like John Kasich. You had plenty to choose from.

It doesn't?  If you would consider that he told the people what they wanted to hear, both in the primaries and general election it stands to reason they voted to nominate him.  Besides who was actually running against him?

Perhaps you should ask why Hillary was voted for in the primaries?  Bernie was out among the people and according to many poll watchers actually had votes illegally switched to Hillary.  Even here apparently some are hearing what they want to hear.

I have to laugh at some of the posts here which in many cases is so biased the posters don't use logic but innuendo.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 75

You can come up with many reasons, but I think one stands out.

I saw this editorial cartoon which I thought gave the overall reason people decided to give Trump a try...

trump elected cannon.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 75
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 75

@ManicProgressive wrote:

That doesn’t explain why Republicans nominated such a vile man. You all could have nonimated a normal human like John Kasich. You had plenty to choose from.

It doesn't?  If you would consider that he told the people what they wanted to hear, both in the primaries and general election it stands to reason they voted to nominate him.  Besides who was actually running against him?

Perhaps you should ask why Hillary was voted for in the primaries?  Bernie was out among the people and according to many poll watchers actually had votes illegally switched to Hillary.  Even here apparently some are hearing what they want to hear.

I have to laugh at some of the posts here which in many cases is so biased the posters don't use logic but innuendo.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

Why did so many working class voters choose a selfish, thin-skinned, petulant, lying, narcissistic, boastful, megalomaniac for president?

I recall you were always a good level headed poster, but it stands to reason why Trump was elected.  There are many reasons.  One is that he talked directly to the people, telling them what they wanted to hear.  And he interacted with them versus the way Hillary associated more with those who bankrolled her.  She kept her distance, avoiding crowds or even getting close to them.  She only campaigned in those liberal states where her supporters was, and avoided those states that were more conservative oriented. 

Trump basically won by default.  The Democrats nominated the only person that Trump was sure to defeat.

Kudos
Views