Science is honing in on better ways to treat chronic pain. Read about it in this AARP series.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
129
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

129 Views
Message 51 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:


That's completely hypocritical.   You criticize a woman defending her husband regarding sexual misconduct, but you are OK with Trump admitting he sexually assaulted people?   That makes absolutely no sense at all.


A woman defending her husband?  For what reason if not purely politics.  She is the one that is hypocritical, having ran on gender based politics with supporters who were saying it was time for a woman president, yet defending a husband who violates women?  If anything it is hypocritical for women supporting her even though she defends a rapist.


Bill Clinton was accused of rape, but was never charged, and never convicted.  Trump has been accused of the same thing.  Heck, Trump was accused of raping a 13 year old.  Again, but was never charged, and never convicted.  What's the difference? 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
129
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
137
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

137 Views
Message 52 of 75

@xrepub wrote:


I understand that Trump was a much better marketer than Hillary. What I can't understand is why the American people considered that more important than the fact that Trump was a selfish, thin-skinned, petulant, lying, narcissistic, boastful, megalomaniac.


Again, Trump told them what they wanted to hear and came down to their level to associate with them.  Hillary's message was only that she would continue the status quo; and she refused to associate with them.  With the help of the DNC she also obained the nomination of her party.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
137
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
136
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

136 Views
Message 53 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@xrepub wrote:

 

Why did so many working class voters choose a selfish, thin-skinned, petulant, lying, narcissistic, boastful, megalomaniac for president?


I recall you were always a good level headed poster, but it stands to reason why Trump was elected.  There are many reasons.  One is that he talked directly to the people, telling them what they wanted to hear.  And he interacted with them versus the way Hillary associated more with those who bankrolled her.  She kept her distance, avoiding crowds or even getting close to them.  She only campaigned in those liberal states where her supporters was, and avoided those states that were more conservative oriented. 

 

Trump basically won by default.  The Democrats nominated the only person that Trump was sure to defeat.


I understand that Trump was a much better marketer than Hillary. What I can't understand is why the American people considered that more important than the fact that Trump was a selfish, thin-skinned, petulant, lying, narcissistic, boastful, megalomaniac.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
136
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
143
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

143 Views
Message 54 of 75

@CriticalThinking wrote:

s? 

 

"That's completely hypocritical.   You criticize a woman defending her husband regarding sexual misconduct, but you are OK with Trump admitting he sexually assaulted people?   That makes absolutely no sense at all."


Try sexual rape, but where did the sexual assault come from Trump?  Clinton didn't admit to those assaults or rape, but the accusations and court filings did.  So are you going to say those were false?  More disproof of your claims to be independent politically.  You might as well be on the DNC payroll.

 

Of course you brought up Trump because you can't defend Clinton.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
143
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
147
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

147 Views
Message 55 of 75

@rker321 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 


You had your reasons for not supporting Hillary, and I had my reasons for voting for Hillary although I like you didn't  care for her character or anything that she represented. but,. I could not vote in the general elections for the opportunity to have a single Party in charge of the country. 
You are correct  he is not a cult pe se.. His supporters are the ones that have elevated him to become the leader of their religious beliefs just like another Billy Graham unfortunately Graham would turn over in his grave if he saw what they have done.
Now I cannot support a guy that lies constantly,  attacks the free press. that continuously doesn't follow the rule of Law that is bringing us closely with our enemies and more distant with our allies.


Yet you were very vocal in your support for Trump in the Primaries, and now you say you can't support him?  And who has elevated him to the level of religious beliefs?  That is propaganda passed around by one or two here who claims to be independent but are so far in left field that they are out of the ballpark. 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
147
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
157
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

157 Views
Message 56 of 75

@ManicProgressive wrote:


That's completely hypocritical.   You criticize a woman defending her husband regarding sexual misconduct, but you are OK with Trump admitting he sexually assaulted people?   That makes absolutely no sense at all.


A woman defending her husband?  For what reason if not purely politics.  She is the one that is hypocritical, having ran on gender based politics with supporters who were saying it was time for a woman president, yet defending a husband who violates women?  If anything it is hypocritical for women supporting her even though she defends a rapist.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
157
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
140
Views

HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

140 Views
Message 57 of 75

I'm very disappointed with TemperMental67 today. She put forth a logical argument to a Trump Cult member and expected him to understand the logic. She can't be serious? 

 

"That's completely hypocritical.   You criticize a woman defending her husband regarding sexual misconduct, but you are OK with Trump admitting he sexually assaulted people?   That makes absolutely no sense at all."

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
140
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
142
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

142 Views
Message 58 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 


You had your reasons for not supporting Hillary, and I had my reasons for voting for Hillary although I like you didn't  care for her character or anything that she represented. but,. I could not vote in the general elections for the opportunity to have a single Party in charge of the country. 
You are correct  he is not a cult pe se.. His supporters are the ones that have elevated him to become the leader of their religious beliefs just like another Billy Graham unfortunately Graham would turn over in his grave if he saw what they have done.
Now I cannot support a guy that lies constantly,  attacks the free press. that continuously doesn't follow the rule of Law that is bringing us closely with our enemies and more distant with our allies.
I cannot  respect a man, that has not moral values and tries to instill those lack of values in our country. But claiming that Alternative facts represent the truth.
I don't call you a white supremacist, please don't call me a liberal. because that would be the least thing that I could be.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
142
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
139
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

139 Views
Message 59 of 75

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

 

Policy differences are one thing, but the people who engaged in ad hominem attacks against Hillary are complete hypocrites if they support Trump.

 

 


 

 

There are many reasons I didn't support Hillary.  One was that she supported Bill Clinton's assaults on women by attacking the victims.  And I supported Trump because between the two candidates in the past elections I considered him the best choice and that he wasn't Hillary.

 

 


That's completely hypocritical.   You criticize a woman defending her husband regarding sexual misconduct, but you are OK with Trump admitting he sexually assaulted people?   That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
139
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
146
Views

Re: HOW TO PREVENT FUTURE TRUMPS

146 Views
Message 60 of 75

@ManicProgressive wrote:

 

Policy differences are one thing, but the people who engaged in ad hominem attacks against Hillary are complete hypocrites if they support Trump.

 

 


And how do you determine those who support Trump?  One poster claims they are the ones who never criticizes his policies.  Others claims it is for many reasons based on their preferences.

 

There are many reasons I didn't support Hillary.  One was that she supported Bill Clinton's assaults on women by attacking the victims.  And I supported Trump because between the two candidates in the past elections I considered him the best choice and that he wasn't Hillary.

 

Now I support the President in actions I agree with and not in those which I disagree.  I don't consider him as a leader of a cult like one person claims, but I did think that there was an element here in the last election of some who considered her in a 'cultish' manner, mostly because of her gender.

 

I do believe that most liberals here are doing their best to get Trump reelected in 2020.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
146
Views