Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW DO YOU PAY YOUR CONDOLENCES TO THE NRA?

Message 1 of 25

How much did the Russian operatives donate to the NRA ? Was it $30 MILLION ! So Patriotic of them !

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 25

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I don't belong to the NRA but they do stand for our 2nd Amendment rights and teach gun safety. I took one of their gun safety courses (very professional) and learned quite a bit regarding safety. Good luck on your quest to rid the U.S. of the NRA!

Back in the 1950's I picked up NRA Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert badges while getting my Marksmanship meritbadge in Scouts and thought the NRA was great for helping get us .22cal ammo for summer camp.

But just like the GOP that I supported until Watergate, the NRA was hijacked by radical nutjobs on 22 May 1977, and was transformed from a group supporting gun safety, marksmanship and shooting sports into a viscious tool of the Death Merchants who were going broke because VietNam was winding down and nobody was buying sporting rifles.

The NRA's solution to those falling sales was the scare everybody witless and promote military weapons for civilian "self protection".  Sales skyrocketed and so did homicides by gun and a new event appeared on the American scene - the School Massacure.

To prevent political action that might interrupt the flow of cash into the Death Merchants, the NRA funneled huge buckets of money to GOPers and racheted up the "scare witless" pitch to their members who became single issue voters who were essential to GOP success on election day.

They will not be missed, and if they are going broke, it's because people are finally waking up to the reality the NRA is respopnsible for the slaughter of our kids in their classrooms and on our streets, aided and abeted by the GOP.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 25

@nctarheel wrote:

Newsweek, yesterday, reported that the NRA claims that it will soon be "UNABLE TO EXIST" due to financial difficulties. They seem to be having one problem after another.

First, they allowed a RUSSIAN OPERATIVE to infiltrate their organization. Then, they lost their insurance coverage. Then, they may not be able to print their magazine. Then, they may not be able to hold rallies.

I have pondered for hours on how to express my condolences to the NRA for all these issues facing them that MAY, JUST MAY, mean the DEATH of the NRA. The only condolence that I could think of is the same as many others have thought of when wishing the NRA their best.

Yes, the only apropos condolence for the NRA is:

"MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU."

Excellent tribute for those who were similarly considerate of the school children murdered by lunatics armed by the NRAGOP.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 25

@alferdpacker wrote:

There are two simple and obvious solutions to the NRA's troubles...

1) The firearms manufacturers can buy the NRA and run it...

2) Putin can buy the NRA and run it...

Either way, ownership is finally out in the open...

That assumes either is willing to pay down the 46 million the NRA over spent in 2016. Talk about gross mismanagement. No wonder the board just got rid of the CEO. 46 million. Seems to me some one is going to jail. I have one question.....Before or after the NRA declares bankruptcy?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 25

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If the NRA ceases to exist it is a good riddance.

What has the NRA done to harm you?  I'm not a firearm owner, but I have no problem with the NRA,but what is your problem with them?  But then again the liberal "cult" is against them so that means you are also?  Have to stay a member in good standing....RIGHT?

Wrong again.

I'm a liberal who has lawfully owned firearms for over fifty years, and lawfully and properly used firearms for over 60 years

I left the NRA when it turned from a responsible organzation into a dishonest monstrosity that became dedicated to telling unpatriotic lies in service to increased profits for firearms manufacturers - pimps and prostitutes for firearms manufacturers...

I'm all for firearms ownership by sane, rational, logical, non-criminal American Citizens for lawful purposes.

Gonna be really interesting to follow the money...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 25

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If the NRA ceases to exist it is a good riddance.

What has the NRA done to harm you?  I'm not a firearm owner, but I have no problem with the NRA,but what is your problem with them?  But then again the liberal "cult" is against them so that means you are also?  Have to stay a member in good standing....RIGHT?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 25

@Panjandrum wrote:

NOTHAPPENING:  If the left is against the NRA, that is enough reason to support them. Maybe I'll join!

Awesomely brilliant logic NH.

I thought so! The left is against anything good for the country. For higher taxes, for more laws, more regulations, more unemployment, more government agencies, more welfare, for guaranteed income, more redistribution of wealth, more gun control, open borders, more illegal aliens, voting without documentation, and probably a host more nonsense that thinking Americans don't WANT and don't NEED!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 25

@afisher wrote:

Ignoblers are weird.   The original talking point is based on the news that the NRA may be going out of business, because they can not obtain insurance.    Then another person added an older article that is about how the FED were investigating Mariia Butina.     Two different topics and one which is pretty viewable, because if the NRA applies for bancruptcy protection or ceases to exist, that will be on the news...while the FBI investigation will be covert - as are most FBI investigations.   

Instead, the ignoblers conflate to divert from the reality. 

The answer to the question posed by the author:   Thoughts and Prayers - because that was the stock answer by NRA and many GOP officials, until the Parkland activists called them out on it and now that same gaggle struggle on statement of caring now that their hypocritical statement of supposed caring has been exposed.  

The NRA also offers to provide legal advice to gun ranges FOR FREE  if the range has 100% NRA membership. Since I wont join I am effectively barred from all the local ranges, which are handy for sighting your gun to help prevent errant bullets.  I have been there before as a guest, but its full of nutters, most of whom I know lol. Once the NRA is gone, I will join. Its PRIMARY function is a conservation club, but you still have to join that NRA.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 25

Ignoblers are weird.   The original talking point is based on the news that the NRA may be going out of business, because they can not obtain insurance.    Then another person added an older article that is about how the FED were investigating Mariia Butina.     Two different topics and one which is pretty viewable, because if the NRA applies for bancruptcy protection or ceases to exist, that will be on the news...while the FBI investigation will be covert - as are most FBI investigations.   

Instead, the ignoblers conflate to divert from the reality. 

The answer to the question posed by the author:   Thoughts and Prayers - because that was the stock answer by NRA and many GOP officials, until the Parkland activists called them out on it and now that same gaggle struggle on statement of caring now that their hypocritical statement of supposed caring has been exposed.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 25

There are two simple and obvious solutions to the NRA's troubles...

1) The firearms manufacturers can buy the NRA and run it...

2) Putin can buy the NRA and run it...

Either way, ownership is finally out in the open...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views