Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW DO YOU ESCAPE FOR A MOMENT

Message 31 of 55

@MIseker wrote:
No pics, but 7 deer in the yard 2 nights ago..and a roving flock of Turkeys that come up the riverbank steps outside the livingroom window.

Tht's another way to 'escape'. I also watch the deer, turkey, other animals and birds. The deer have babies in the woods behind my house, I won't let anyone hunt. We have a huge owl and a pair of Pileated woodpeckers that are about 15 inches tall. Watching the wildlife is calming and one of my favorite pastimes.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 55

To get away from it all I like to remix music on my pc. I also spend time with my dogs and cat.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 55

http://architectureimg.com/tag/howard/Image result for image flowers cottage by the sea

Right now, the gardens are being tucked in for a good sleep until Spring arrives again.  The moss on all roofs has been cleared.  No more than white touch-up paint was needed this year. Whew!  I wear an er responder's whistle when climbing like a monkey and have not had to use it yet.  I happily and peacefully work to ensure my nest lasts as long as I do.  We help each other. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 55

Beautiful scenery.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 55

mimi0000:  What on earth are you talking about? I'm 87 years old. You are probably young enough to be my son.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 55

jimc91:  Build things in my wood and metal shops.

Interesting. What sort of things?

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 55
Oh, God love you. Was it an accident? I have jaw and spine osteoarthritis so I can only begin to relate to the pain you must endure.
I hope all are raving, raging and humor here provide some distraction for you.
My daughter is a doctor of Chiropractic medicine. She practices Cranial Sacral and help a lot of people. She treats veterans for free.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 55
so do I. you sound like my kind of gal.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 55

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@mimi0000 wrote:
What on earth are you talking about? I'm 87 years old. You are probably young enough to be my son.

Lower back surgery for an exploded disk, surgery on both knees, broken wrist requiring two surgeries, eight broken ribs, and two stem cell transplants have taken their toll. Low impact exercise without severe stretching or heavy lifting is enough for me now. I do thoroughly enjoy golf.

Ouch.  Swimming maybe?   Golf sounds hard on the back, but maybe that's just me. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 55
No pics, but 7 deer in the yard 2 nights ago..and a roving flock of Turkeys that come up the riverbank steps outside the livingroom window.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views