Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW DO WHITE CHRISTIAN EVANGELICALS RECONCILE THEIR SUPPORT

Message 1 of 57

@Controlled42010 wrote:
Oh, rk9152 get in line because, I am quite accustomed to being attacked personally. I can't and don't want to control others and especially those who attack.

A bit dramatic there.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 57

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@rk9152  You know, you are indeed entitled to your opinion just as I am. I am sorry that you find my religion/philosophy so controversial that you feel the need to continue to persecute the Christian philosophy.  You do indeed sound like you have a lot of personal reasons that bring you to attack other peoples religion. I hope you can discover a personal peace within.

How did I "persecute the Christian philosophy"? I believe I clarified it as defining personal responsibilities rather than communal responsibilities.

And I am totally at peace with that understanding. Thanks for your concern.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 57

@Controlled42010 wrote:
Oh, rk9152 get in line because, I am quite accustomed to being attacked personally. I can't and don't want to control others and especially those who attack.

If you feel that Rk has not been nice to your posts, you should consider that a badge of honor. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 57
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 57

@rk9152  You know, you are indeed entitled to your opinion just as I am. I am sorry that you find my religion/philosophy so controversial that you feel the need to continue to persecute the Christian philosophy.  You do indeed sound like you have a lot of personal reasons that bring you to attack other peoples religion. I hope you can discover a personal peace within.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 57

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@rk9152  God gives us all a conscience, no?  A conscience that we decide which collective conscience suits our personal conscience, no?

It still remains personal responsibilities.

Which includes the personal responsibilit yto use our COLLECTIVE power of self governance to see that all Americans receive the fruits of their labor. What's happened for the last 32 years is the top 10% have kept all the fruits/profits for themselves and averages wages have only gone up 7% while productivity - the actual VALUE of their labor - has increased 106%, and the difference went to those dividing the profits.

When you get to those Pearly Gates, you are going to be surprised when you look around and find the commune isn't there - just you. The directions the bible gives you are directed at the singular "you" not the collectivist "you".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 57

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

HOW DO WHITE CHRISTIAN EVANGELICALS RECONCILE THEIR SUPPORT OF TRUMP?

They don't reconcile their support of Trump because they really can't.  Unfortunately, they have given their blind, obsessive, and unmerited favor to a man steeped in multi-layers of immorality; one who on every hand shows himself to NOT be their friend.  And yet, they keep believing and just like sheep, they follow their fearless leader.  

But it's really not good to be like dumb sheep becaue sheep have a strong instinct (urge) to follow the sheep in front of them.  So if one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision."  For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter and if one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow.  And you must know what that means?!! 

So Trumpsters........... don't be a sheep! 

American citizens, regardless of their race and religion, were offered two options on election day. They voted for the one they thought best represented their view of America (present and future).

This attempt to interject race and religion into politics is disgusting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@Controlled42010 wrote:

@rk9152  God gives us all a conscience, no?  A conscience that we decide which collective conscience suits our personal conscience, no?

It still remains personal responsibilities.

Which includes the personal responsibilit yto use our COLLECTIVE power of self governance to see that all Americans receive the fruits of their labor. What's happened for the last 32 years is the top 10% have kept all the fruits/profits for themselves and averages wages have only gone up 7% while productivity - the actual VALUE of their labor - has increased 106%, and the difference went to those dividing the profits.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 57

HOW DO WHITE CHRISTIAN EVANGELICALS RECONCILE THEIR SUPPORT OF TRUMP?

They don't reconcile their support of Trump because they really can't.  Unfortunately, they have given their blind, obsessive, and unmerited favor to a man steeped in multi-layers of immorality; one who on every hand shows himself to NOT be their friend.  And yet, they keep believing and just like sheep, they follow their fearless leader.  

But it's really not good to be like dumb sheep becaue sheep have a strong instinct (urge) to follow the sheep in front of them.  So if one sheep decides to go somewhere, the rest of the flock usually follows, even if it is not a good "decision."  For example, sheep will follow each other to slaughter and if one sheep jumps over a cliff, the others are likely to follow.  And you must know what that means?!! 

So Trumpsters........... don't be a sheep! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 57

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Do you suppose the directions given were individual or collective?

For example must one help the poor using his own abilities and resources or can he discharge his responsibilities by supporting the government seizing the property of others and redistributing it?

Darling you are describing Communism  and not what this thread is all about.  as usual RK your confusion is always present.

No I am inquiring about the biblical quotes being posted.

You left out an important part, "Do you suppose the directions given were individual or collective?".

Now, do you have an opinion on that - or only on me???

Kudos
Views