Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW DO WHITE CHRISTIAN EVANGELICALS RECONCILE THEIR SUPPORT

Message 11 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

Do you suppose the directions given were individual or collective?

For example must one help the poor using his own abilities and resources or can he discharge his responsibilities by supporting the government seizing the property of others and redistributing it?

Darling you are describing Communism  and not what this thread is all about.  as usual RK your confusion is always present.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Matthew 19:21 - "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."  spoken from Jesus Christ

Matthew 19:23&24 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

So why these???  Well, I think they speak loud and clear on the true religion of many, no?

For example must one help the poor using his own abilities and resources or can he discharge his responsibilities by supporting the government seizing the property of others and redistributing it?

There's never been any question - that was intended to apply to each and every person - individually - claiming otherwise is grossly dishonest - an attempt to act like trump...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 57

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rk9152  God gives us all a conscience, no?  A conscience that we decide which collective conscience suits our personal conscience, no?

Are you attempting to suggest that any sane and rational American Citizen belive the the liar, fraud charlatan and serial adulterer trump - after trying to bribe people to remain silent about the truth - has a conscience?

It's a dead certainty that trump had already sold his conscience to Satan some time before his daddy got a crooked doctor to lie about that imaginary case of bone spurs...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 57

@Laurie42010 wrote:

@rk9152  God gives us all a conscience, no?  A conscience that we decide which collective conscience suits our personal conscience, no?

It still remains personal responsibilities.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 57

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 57

@Laurie42010 wrote:

Matthew 19:21 - "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."  spoken from Jesus Christ

Matthew 19:23&24 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again, I tell you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."

So why these???  Well, I think they speak loud and clear on the true religion of many, no?

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 57

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 57

How do WHITE CHRISTIAN EVANGELICALS reconcile their support for Donald Trump

How did German Chruches  suppot the Nazis ?

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/the-german-churches-and-the-nazi-state

THE GERMAN CHURCHES AND THE NAZI STATE

The population of Germany in 1933 was around 60 million. Almost all Germans were Christian, belonging either to the Roman Catholic (ca. 20 million members) or the Protestant (ca. 40 million members) churches. The Jewish community in Germany in 1933 was less than 1% of the total population of the country.

How did Christians and their churches in Germany respond to the Nazi regime and its laws, particularly to the persecution of the Jews? The racialized anti-Jewish Nazi ideologyconverged with antisemitism that was historically widespread throughout Europe at the time and had deep roots in Christian history. For all too many Christians, traditional interpretations of religious scriptures seemed to support these prejudices.

The attitudes and actions of German Catholics and Protestants during the Nazi era were shaped not only by their religious beliefs, but by other factors as well, including:

• Backlash against the Weimar Republic and the political, economic, and social changes in Germany that occurred during the 1920s
  • Anti-Communism
  • Nationalism
  • Resentment toward the international community in the wake of World War I, which Germany lost and for which it was forced to pay heavy reparations

These were some of the reasons why most Christians in Germany welcomed the rise of Nazism in 1933. They were also persuaded by the statement on “positive Christianity” in Article 24 of the 1920 Nazi Party Platform, which read:

"We demand the freedom of all religious confessions in the state, insofar as they do not jeopardize the state's existence or conflict with the manners and moral sentiments of the Germanic race. The Party as such upholds the point of view of a positive Christianity without tying itself confessionally to any one confession. It combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit at home and abroad and is convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only be achieved from within on the basis of the common good before individual good."

Despite the open antisemitism of this statement and its linkage between confessional "freedom" and a nationalistic, racialized understanding of morality, many Christians in Germany at the time read this as an affirmation of Christian values

Comment :

I suspect the Nazis in church then acted just as the Nazis in church  act now. That the Nazis in government collaborated with the Nazis in the church to get the message out, to realize objectives, they did some horse trading.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 57

Who  was the poster that said. " That Democrats were a low lying scum"?   LOL  LOL  LOL  That was the most pathetic answer that I have seen in this message board. LOL  LOL  LOL  I can't believe that a poster doesn't have the amount of  vocabulary  to actually  present a demonstration and explanation of his opinion without resorting to a simple insult.

LOL  LOL  LOL

I suggest to go back to school and study English. and then come back here and really  demonstrate your knowledge of the language.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 57

The irony....Jesus Christ would probably fall into the whole "brown people" or from that "region" that they claim are of a terrorist mindset!!!!  NO???

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors