Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW DER TRUMPER WON

Message 1 of 23

@rker321 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

People can claim any reason or reasons why they voted for Trump. But when they cast that vote, they voted for a man who insulted:

• Many of his GOP competitors
  • Judges
  • Various Ethnic Groups
  • Women
  • Everyone who disagreed with him

And he acted and continues to act like a middle school bully. For whatever reason, you got exactly what you voted for, a horrible role model for American youth. 

Every female friend of mine hates the man.

On a personal note, I can't understand how any American woman could vote for a man like Donald Trump.  Every female friend of mine despises that man.

I respect your opinion but I can't see how anyone (whichever gender) could vote for Hillary.  Now you see why Trump won.  Everyone thinks differently, has different circumstances, feels different, and has radically different expectations.

Yup ...... "Radically different expectations" indeed ..... like an all white, male dominated authoritarian government!

Not really,!!!  the voters that voted for Trump wanted change, and they were willing to take the risks that involved in an individual like Trump, as long as they believed that he would actually insititute change.

But the type of change Trump would initiate was made well known in his campaign speeches and rhetoric when he disparaged and insulted Mexicans, Muslims, women, immigrants, disabled people ..... and displayed his racism, narcissism, bigotry, xenophobia, misogyny, perversion, entitlement to sexually assault women .....

So no rker321, the voters who voted for Trump took no risks. Trump clearly advertised what he was all about and the type of change he would bring!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

People can claim any reason or reasons why they voted for Trump. But when they cast that vote, they voted for a man who insulted:

• Judges
  • Various Ethnic Groups
  • Women

And he acted and continues to act like a middle school bully. For whatever reason, you got exactly what you voted for, a horrible role model for American youth. 

On a personal note, I can't understand how any American woman could vote for a man like Donald Trump.  Every female friend of mine despises that man.

I respect your opinion but I can't see how anyone (whichever gender) could vote for Hillary.  Now you see why Trump won.  Everyone thinks differently, has different circumstances, feels different, and has radically different expectations.

Yup ...... "Radically different expectations" indeed ..... like an all white, male dominated authoritarian government!

Not really,!!!  the voters that voted for Trump wanted change, and they were willing to take the risks that involved in an individual like Trump, as long as they believed that he would actually insititute change.

And that is where he will fail. Because, he will learn that no matter what, he will be constrained by the Constitution to do as he feels like it, and also Congress, no matter what we think about them If he continues the way he has been, Many of them will begin to be concerned and frightened about the next elections and the backlash that all of this will produce.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

• Judges
  • Various Ethnic Groups
  • Women

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

Today's GOP leaders are only concerned with $$$ at the top and how to get richer , at the expense of OUR bothersome and too costly Senior's and Disabled. Our Social Security and Medicare is just too costly in their eyes , but they find $$$ for needless Wars , Corporate Welfare and now Walls !!!

Our Senior's and Disabled have paid their dues during their capable years , so why do the Republican's make them live their final years in fear that they will have earned benefits cut and COLA's reduced ???

I have noticed that most of our poster's who agree with today's Grand Old Plutocrats agenda are those stating that they are well off. There , but for the grace of God go I !!!

Oh the Humanity !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

Beautifully said....verymery.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

The issue is HOW he connected, and he did it with a very sophisticated form of "behavior modification".

The research from Cambridge Analytic used people's activity in social media and their searching the web to craft "popups" and emails/tweets that would strike a strong emotional chord and nudge the person from "resignation to their condition" to "mobilized activist for a cause" BY LYING TO THEM in a way they would accept without question.

They were totally convinced Hillary WAS "coming to take away their guns" or "make their kids use unixes bathrooms" of "give their tax money to the undeserving poor"...and it WAS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW!

Granted, the people who were duped already harbored those absurd feelings, but what CA did was to bring those feelings front and center in their consciousness, and give them a sense they were joining a Cruisade to stop the (imaginary) evil they KNEW was at the bottom of all things that promoted equality and universality.

Of course those who were duped think they were simply "informed" and are unlikely to change their new certitude, so unless something similar is done for the Progressive cause, the Regressives won't need gerrymanders or voter suppression to win. Should be a snap - after all, the Progressive version will be awakening people to THE TRUTH, while Der Trumper's scam simply reenforced a lie.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

I truly believe Trump won , when Bernie lost !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

@CriticalThinking wrote:

On a personal note, I can't understand how any American woman could vote for someone like Donald Trump.  Every female friend of mine thinks Trump is a despicable man.

As a female, I think that I can answer your question. Yes, women of all ages did not agree with his behaviour, but, they still voted for Trump because, he promised to do what they wanted to hear and needed.

People vote for the candidate that not only represents their views, but they have the confidence that he will do as he has said.

His personality is not something that they really care about that much.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

First of all …we were just starting to come together. With a world such as ours, it takes TIME and diplomacy. There is a REASON for Diplomacy ...Patience, and Tack goes a very long way. Words matter…and when dealing with Dictators of other countries, with the nuclear capability to start World War III …we have to be Very … very Careful.

We have fought all our lives for independence … 'Freedom' to be who we are and live together …and then there are so many ....giving their lives to overcome Historical Tyranny.

They say they need three thousand or more troops in Afghanistan …will it be your Son or Daughter?

In 2008 there were few regulations to prevent the Historical Ponzi scheme that crippled the World. The Billionaires took their money, and there was little the courts could do about it. Banks got their bailout before the new administration took over …it was a done deal.

For eight years the new administration fought for regulations that would NEVER let anything like that ever happen again. Now, regulations are being nullified so that the banks can do it to us ...all ...over ...Again. How quickly we forget. New Tech has a way of influencing us that way.

Complicated issues take TIME to figure out. Why Rush into a War that affects Billions of people around the Globe? Like it or not, we are a Global Alliance. That will never change now. When cars came along, horses were out of work. Cannot stop progress, no matter how hard they tried!

We trade …we buy …we vacation …we learn from …you get the picture? Why would War be better than trying to keep the peace and figure things out (no matter how long that that takes???) This is not a business deal that we have to make happen NOW. Actions affect all people around the world. There is an inevitable ...a domino effect. Things like this take TIME!!! Why be a Bully and want everything "Right NOW!!!… Real life just doesn’t work that way... Sorry. When so obviously your actions are causing Meanness …Hate …Separation and Mistrust?? While we are being divided from friends and loved ones, with a world in chaos …what the hell is wrong with this picture?? "It’s like fricking road rage!!"Certainly Hitler was a leftist, but his world order was Totalitarian …a far cry from what Democrats stand for today. Now we face a Joseph Stalin, and the re-start of the Cold War. No …history does not seem to teach us anything.

Fakes News and dishonest journalism? Tell that to James Foleys family.......... "We have never been prouder of our son Jim," Foley's mother posted on Facebook on Tuesday evening after the graphic visions of their son. "He gave his life trying to expose the world to the suffering of the Syrian people." Tell me this is fake news ...I Defy You! Is it worth all your anger to put your children and grandchildren in jeopardy? I ask them now …"Why, is this so hard to understand?

The clouds of racism were slowly fading away. But not now ...now we regress. We start over again … IF we survive…

My hope is that we can be Smarter than this. Can we all just research and learn, or is that just too **bleep** Hard??? ….Our lives, our families, and our Planet ... depend on it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@rker321rker321 wrote:

Characterzing Middle Americans as stupid, is not helping.

"Not helping", what?  Is "not as educated" better?

A Map of How Educated the United States Is by County

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views