Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HOW ABOUT 4% FOR NATO

Message 41 of 76

@PaintItBlack wrote:

This is old news, too. And there are literally pages and pages of other articles if you do a simple Google search.

The fact that you're completely unaware of this old news tells me a lot about how you form your opinions. 

You're really making a name for yourself and in just a few posts.  I get my information from British news media also.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 76

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

And apparently you're not aware that the Russians funded the Brexit campaign. Golly. I wonder why? I mean, they're so clearly interested in peace, love and understanding. They certainly wouldn't want to break up NATO and leave all of Europe on its own against their military or anything ...

Based on some of your earlier posts, I have doubts about your posts.  You have sources for this information?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/10/russian-influence-brexit-vote-detailed-us-senate-repor...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jun/16/arron-banks-nigel-farage-leave-brexit-russia-connect...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-investigation/uk-investigates-brexit-campaign-funding-...

http://thehill.com/opinion/international/379183-russia-will-keep-attacking-britain-unless-brexit-med...

This is old news, too. And there are literally pages and pages of other articles if you do a simple Google search.

The fact that you're completely unaware of this old news tells me a lot about how you form your opinions. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 76

@PaintItBlack wrote:

And apparently you're not aware that the Russians funded the Brexit campaign. Golly. I wonder why? I mean, they're so clearly interested in peace, love and understanding. They certainly wouldn't want to break up NATO and leave all of Europe on its own against their military or anything ...

Based on some of your earlier posts, I have doubts about your posts.  You have sources for this information?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 76
Mick posted..

Sure it does...................the US operates 36 Military Bases in Germany Alone.....................are we going to pick up and move them.................where - how much would that cost both Strategically and in Dollars and Cents?

A few years ago Hillary Clinton - you know that worthless bum - she negotiated a deal obligating Japan to continue paying nearly $2 billion a year to help defray the cost of U.S. troops stationed on its territory.......................

How about if Trump wants fairness and cost sharing we either get out of Japan or pay up

The Pentagon spends an estimated $10 billion a year on overseas bases. More than 70% of the total is spent in Japan, Germany and South Korea, where most U.S. troops abroad are permanently stationed.

In return, the Pentagon receives various forms of compensation from the host countries, from rent-free real estate where the bases are located to actual cash payments meant to offset U.S. costs.

=========================

When you figure in that money that our personnel (civilian and military) spend in the local economies and the number of workers we, the US employ we are not being paid enough by these countries.

Me thinks that its because it is Trump that points out that other countries are not paying their fair share ....it shows your inability to stick up for what is good for our country because of your dislike of Trump.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 76

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Tex is wrong again. The EEU is good for those countries. England realize it made a huge mistake because of Brexit.

But of course that is up to Great Britain and not to CriticalThinking....RIGHT?

Right. And of course all the polls taken AFTER the vote showed that thousands of people who voted didn't understand what they were voting for. And this was an incredibly tight vote. Plus, as I just mentioned, the discovery later that Russia was behind the whole thing has made a lot of Brits deeply unhappy about it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 76

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Tex is wrong again. The EEU is good for those countries. England realize it made a huge mistake because of Brexit.

But of course that is up to Great Britain and not to CriticalThinking....RIGHT?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

HOW ABOUT 4% FOR NATO

Message 47 of 76

Tex is wrong again. The EEU is good for those countries. England realize it made a huge mistake because of Brexit. They enjoyed duty free trade with every country in Europe. It doesn't get any better than that.

As an aside, the EEU is not designed to make Germany wealthy. That's another right wing myth.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 76

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

I agree with Jim  a 4% increase in dues perhaps those NATO  members will expel Trump and then they will have the organization that they need to have.   One  that will show the US what allies can do when they unite.

You must not be aware of the controversy that the European Union is having now where Great Britain, and I believe Italy, is wanting to pull out, but Germany is determined to rule Europe; and trying to do it differently than in WW2.

Can you say "Crimea"? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 76

@rker321 wrote:

I agree with Jim  a 4% increase in dues perhaps those NATO  members will expel Trump and then they will have the organization that they need to have.   One  that will show the US what allies can do when they unite.

You must not be aware of the controversy that the European Union is having now where Great Britain, and I believe Italy, is wanting to pull out, but Germany is determined to rule Europe; and trying to do it differently than in WW2.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 76

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Mick posted..

If the USA was Billed Market Rates for Rent for all the Bases they have in NATO Countries it would amount to tens of Billions

------------------------------------

That does not make even a little bit of sense.

Hm, that's a shame you don't understand. But I see that others have already explained it to you so I'm editing this post.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors