Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HMMMM - WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS...

Message 21 of 26

@williamb39198
Quick story.
All the parents in my neighborhood owned a car but mine, they ALL WENT TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY, along side of us.
Come time to go to Junior High School which required a bus, walk 1/2 hr, or a car, all the CHURCH GOERS took their kids in a car pool but me. We didn't own a car.

The kids would wave at me as they rode by as I walked my 1/2 hr. I waved back, it wasn't their fault, I played with these kids every day, night and week-end.
So yes, as my Mother said, "They think because they go to Church every Sunday it's OK to be mean and leave the 1 child in the neighborhood out. of the car pool " The neighborhood being 1 or 2 blocks of kids, enough for 1 more.

These parents were NO BETTER than my parents because they owned a car, maybe not as good as my parents, because they would not have done the same.. They knew the true meaning of going to Church EVERY SUNDAY.

Thankfully as a child I knew it was not my friends fault, and we all remained friends, but I did look differently at the parents.
So for me a Church Goer every Sunday does not always make for the Best Person, it's the Character of a person that's important, at least in my life.

The Donald has a Bad Character, he is the Leader of the Free World showing what a Bad Character he has, whether he goes to Church of not. It's the Church Goers that still Love Him that amaze me, but then again, my neighbors amaze me now that I think of them since I am an adult.

GOD judges everyone, he sees all and hears all, so The Donald will answer for his sins come Judgement Day.

IMO

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 26

Is this another example of giving into 

temptation. Going to an extreme and  

convincing yourself that your actions are correct, even when you know you are not. And racism starts peeking it’s ugly head once again. Or the worship of gold or golden idols. 

Whatever it may be, go to church on Sunday and be forgiven. Problem is, if you were doing the right and responsible thing everyday, there’s no reason to seek forgiveness!

I don’t remember the Bible being revised in the last 2 years!

mawa?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 26

@alferdpacker wrote:

During the Presidency of Obama - A regular church-goer with a scandal free Presidency - - only 30% of white evangelicals said they would accept immoral personal behavior by an elected official...

Under President Donal Trump, 72% said they would accept immorality.

Gee - did the bible change? - or does their racism show?

Racially motivated or not, the hypocrisy is stunning. Black, brown, yellow and pinto versions of the human race seem to be missing from the sampling, so it's hard to see if that hypocrisy spreads across the entire color spectrum of evangelicals.  I've heard there are those who are not white.

Is that by choice of the person doing the survey or because there are no non-white evangelical trump supporters?  They may be few and far between, but IF they are there in some flavor of evangelical, they ought to show up as a percentage.  I suspect there is a reason they don't.  I'd like to know what that reason is.  Might create more questions than it answers, but what the hey....just makes a person more informed if they get answered.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 26
@alferdpacker

Don't want to start anything, but could it be Obama was 1/2 black? Where Trump is 1/2 Scottish and 1/2 German white? The 1/2 scottish 1/2 german white seems to be more of a scum ball in the long run. IMO
Just Saying !!
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 26

I was thinking about this today. A different theory is that Satan came up and made a deal. He would elevate their churches, grant them political power, give them the ability to persecute those they believed defied their belief and all they needed to to was accept his emissary.   

Could Satan have stepped into their pulpits and said "You will know him by his deeds as they are exactly what you would expect of an emissary from me"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

HMMMM - WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS...

Message 26 of 26

During the Presidency of Obama - A regular church-goer with a scandal free Presidency - - only 30% of white evangelicals said they would accept immoral personal behavior by an elected official...

Under President Donal Trump, 72% said they would accept immorality.

Gee - did the bible change? - or does their racism show?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors