Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HMMMM - WONDER WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS...

Message 1 of 26

@PaintItBlack

Excellent post...like Alfred, my time zone too. The truth of the reality of our past is a ***** isn’t it. And add that our history has sometimes been repurposed to present a glossed over happy face side. 

One thing that you said was that you expected us as a nation to be better than that...total agreement. Many years ago there was the saying “my country right or wrong” which I never accepted and revised to “my country right”. If we are as good as we say and a real leader, we do not accept being wrong and living with it. We admit being wrong and correct any mistakes. And work to improve our actions in the future. 

A concern for the past few years has been our egotistical attitude as a nation. We proclaim as a nation to be the best, but in many criteria we have slipped to the 10th to 20th range in the world rankings, hardly leading the world by example. 

But like an older house, it’s time to fix and spruce it up...before it falls into total disrepair. Maybe as a nation it would similar to going to confession. 

Would really help to have a good leader! May we lead in the absence of a real president. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 26

@rk9152 wrote:

A new trend here - using religions as one more weapon to attack our President.

How unChristian!!!

Is that better or worse than using religion to attack other citizens of this country? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 26

@PaintItBlack wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

You really wanna quote that? When your guy President P-grabber has fallen so short of the glory of God that he's in a different time zone? :

Politics is politics, Religion is religion.  You're talking politics and I'm looking at what the scriptures says without regard to political positions.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself in the space of three sentences, right?

If you're going to call someone 'your guy', then what about a person who sits before an evangelist for 20 years, who denounces this country, yet then claims he wasn't aware of what was being said?

What time zone are you in?

I'm in time zone where a black man discusses the same things that white historians had been saying for decades and is attacked for "denouncing America." I'm gonna bet you've never actually read the stuff that everyone got their panties in a bunch about, you've just been told it was horrific. Stuff like

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

Well, yeah. They attacked us because of the wars of profit we inflicted on the Middle East. That's a historical fact that no one denies. Shocking!

"Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that, y'all. Not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people that we have wounded don't have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that."

The horror of mentioning what every other commentator, including conservatives, have said! Violence begets violence! <gasps and reclines on the fainting couch, fanning self>

"[The United States] government lied about their belief that all men were created equal. The truth is they believed that all white men were created equal. The truth is they did not even believe that white women were created equal, in creation nor civilization. The government had to pass an amendment to the Constitution to get white women the vote. Then the government had to pass an equal rights amendment to get equal protection under the law for women. The government still thinks a woman has no rights over her own body, and between Uncle Clarence who sexually harassed Anita Hill, and a closeted Klan court, that is a throwback to the 19th century, handpicked by Daddy Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, between Clarence and that stacked court, they are about to undo Roe vs. Wade, just like they are about to un-do affirmative action. The government lied in its founding documents and the government is still lying today. Governments lie."

NO! Say is isn't SO, Rev. Wright! How could you imagine that governments lie? I mean, those Amendments ... that's just not TRUE! Oh, wait ...

"The government lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being a threat to the United States peace. And guess what else? If they don't find them some weapons of mass destruction, they gonna do just like the LAPD, and plant them some weapons of mass destruction. Governments lie." 

Um, wait, that actually happened after he predicted it ... um ....never mind ....

"And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent fairly, she failed. She put them on reservations. When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African descent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains, the government put them on slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton field, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into positions of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing "God Bless America". No, no, no, not God Bless America. God **bleep** America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God **bleep** America, for treating our citizens as less than human. God **bleep** America, as long as she tries to act like she is God, and she is supreme. The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent."

OK, I bet this is what really frosts your cookies. How DARE anyone criticize the United States for its treatment of Native Americans, blacks, Japanese. 

Traitorous scum, right?

Well, I'll tell you what. Please sit down and make sure you have your smelling salts.

I say"

"God **bleep** America for committing genocide against Indians, living off slavery and interning Japanese Americans." 

So yeah, that's the time zone I'm in. America can and should be better, and I have always worked to make it so, instead of clapping my hands over my ears like so-called "patriots" and pretending it's all rainbows and unicorns, going to church on Sunday and breaking most of the commandments Monday through Saturday with their hatred, bigotry, misogyny, racism, greed, and lies.

That's my time zone too!

America was dead wrong about race - and based upon what trump supporters - almost all American by accident of birth - who represent only a distinctly small minority of American Citizens - are saying - and doing - are every bit as dead wrong today as native born - but disgusting subhuman scum have been dead wrong about race from the founding of the country - right up to this very day.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 26

@alferdpacker
Some times the right THING IS NOT THE RIGHT THING, it's smacking you right in the face, and you know it. Let's not take that little girl in the car pool, her parents don't have a car.

Being right is in your heart, how you treat others. Adults teach their children, and if they are not showing kindness from their Heart their Children will NOT either.
I agree doing the right thing, the responsible thing, why do you then ask for forgiveness, you don't .

When you not kind in your Heart, just a show for the people around you, that's when your asking for forgiveness, when you didn't do the right thing and you know it.

The thing is, I was always taught you ask for forgiveness, you say your sorry, it meant YOU WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@PaintItBlack

I didn't understand a single thing you posted. 

Imagine my surprise. And yet it's plain English written at a high school level. Such a pity.

I sense that you are more interested in baiting and dissension. 

Aw, you always say that when you're completely stumped for a response. So stinkin' cute!

Have a good evening.

I will, thanks!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 26

@PaintItBlack

You're still attempting to mix politics with religion....   Politics is concerned with secular affairs, and religion is concerned with spiritual affairs.  They are two different things.  Religious beliefs are something personal; and is between the individual and God. And deals with preparing for the afterlife.

Politics is between the individual and government and are constantly changing, but deals with governmental affairs.

I didn't understand a single thing you posted and doubt that you do as well.  I could consider your time zone is the twilight zone, but won't.

I sense that you are more interested in baiting and dissension. 

Have a good evening.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@PaintItBlack wrote:

You really wanna quote that? When your guy President P-grabber has fallen so short of the glory of God that he's in a different time zone? :

Politics is politics, Religion is religion.  You're talking politics and I'm looking at what the scriptures says without regard to political positions.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself in the space of three sentences, right?

If you're going to call someone 'your guy', then what about a person who sits before an evangelist for 20 years, who denounces this country, yet then claims he wasn't aware of what was being said?

I'm in time zone where a black man discusses the same things that white historians had been saying for decades and is attacked for "denouncing America." I'm gonna bet you've never actually read the stuff that everyone got their panties in a bunch about, you've just been told it was horrific. Stuff like

"We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

Well, yeah. They attacked us because of the wars of profit we inflicted on the Middle East. That's a historical fact that no one denies. Shocking!

"Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred. And terrorism begets terrorism. A white ambassador said that, y'all. Not a black militant. Not a reverend who preaches about racism. An ambassador whose eyes are wide open and who is trying to get us to wake up and move away from this dangerous precipice upon which we are now poised. The ambassador said the people that we have wounded don't have the military capability we have. But they do have individuals who are willing to die and take thousands with them. And we need to come to grips with that."

The horror of mentioning what every other commentator, including conservatives, have said! Violence begets violence! <gasps and reclines on the fainting couch, fanning self>

"[The United States] government lied about their belief that all men were created equal. The truth is they believed that all white men were created equal. The truth is they did not even believe that white women were created equal, in creation nor civilization. The government had to pass an amendment to the Constitution to get white women the vote. Then the government had to pass an equal rights amendment to get equal protection under the law for women. The government still thinks a woman has no rights over her own body, and between Uncle Clarence who sexually harassed Anita Hill, and a closeted Klan court, that is a throwback to the 19th century, handpicked by Daddy Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, between Clarence and that stacked court, they are about to undo Roe vs. Wade, just like they are about to un-do affirmative action. The government lied in its founding documents and the government is still lying today. Governments lie."

NO! Say is isn't SO, Rev. Wright! How could you imagine that governments lie? I mean, those Amendments ... that's just not TRUE! Oh, wait ...

"The government lied about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being a threat to the United States peace. And guess what else? If they don't find them some weapons of mass destruction, they gonna do just like the LAPD, and plant them some weapons of mass destruction. Governments lie." 

Um, wait, that actually happened after he predicted it ... um ....never mind ....

"And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent fairly, she failed. She put them on reservations. When it came to treating her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in internment prison camps. When it came to treating her citizens of African descent fairly, America failed. She put them in chains, the government put them on slave quarters, put them on auction blocks, put them in cotton field, put them in inferior schools, put them in substandard housing, put them in scientific experiments, put them in the lowest paying jobs, put them outside the equal protection of the law, kept them out of their racist bastions of higher education and locked them into positions of hopelessness and helplessness. The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing "God Bless America". No, no, no, not God Bless America. God **bleep** America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God **bleep** America, for treating our citizens as less than human. God **bleep** America, as long as she tries to act like she is God, and she is supreme. The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent."

OK, I bet this is what really frosts your cookies. How DARE anyone criticize the United States for its treatment of Native Americans, blacks, Japanese. 

Traitorous scum, right?

Well, I'll tell you what. Please sit down and make sure you have your smelling salts.

I say"

"God **bleep** America for committing genocide against Indians, living off slavery and interning Japanese Americans." 

So yeah, that's the time zone I'm in. America can and should be better, and I have always worked to make it so, instead of clapping my hands over my ears like so-called "patriots" and pretending it's all rainbows and unicorns, going to church on Sunday and breaking most of the commandments Monday through Saturday with their hatred, bigotry, misogyny, racism, greed, and lies.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 26

@PaintItBlack wrote:

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 26

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Problem is, if you were doing the right and responsible thing everyday, there’s no reason to seek forgiveness!

I don’t remember the Bible being revised in the last 2 years!

Then why are you revising it now?   Romans 3:23   "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"

Geez, just when I cleaned up from the last guy who made me die laughing ...

You really wanna quote that? When your guy President P-grabber has fallen so short of the glory of God that he's in a different time zone? Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 26

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

During the Presidency of Obama - A regular church-goer with a scandal free Presidency - - only 30% of white evangelicals said they would accept immoral personal behavior by an elected official...

Under President Donal Trump, 72% said they would accept immorality.

Gee - did the bible change? - or does their racism show?

Racially motivated or not, the hypocrisy is stunning. Black, brown, yellow and pinto versions of the human race seem to be missing from the sampling, so it's hard to see if that hypocrisy spreads across the entire color spectrum of evangelicals.  I've heard there are those who are not white.

Is that by choice of the person doing the survey or because there are no non-white evangelical trump supporters?  They may be few and far between, but IF they are there in some flavor of evangelical, they ought to show up as a percentage.  I suspect there is a reason they don't.  I'd like to know what that reason is.  Might create more questions than it answers, but what the hey....just makes a person more informed if they get answered.

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

During the Presidency of Obama - A regular church-goer with a scandal free Presidency - - only 30% of white evangelicals said they would accept immoral personal behavior by an elected official...

Under President Donal Trump, 72% said they would accept immorality.

Gee - did the bible change? - or does their racism show?

Racially motivated or not, the hypocrisy is stunning. Black, brown, yellow and pinto versions of the human race seem to be missing from the sampling, so it's hard to see if that hypocrisy spreads across the entire color spectrum of evangelicals.  I've heard there are those who are not white.

Is that by choice of the person doing the survey or because there are no non-white evangelical trump supporters?  They may be few and far between, but IF they are there in some flavor of evangelical, they ought to show up as a percentage.  I suspect there is a reason they don't.  I'd like to know what that reason is.  Might create more questions than it answers, but what the hey....just makes a person more informed if they get answered.

I do wish people would STOP calling these deviant perverts "evangelicals" - that term applies to all Crhistians who profess their faith to others.

What sets these Babyruths in the communion wine apart is they're FUNDAMENTALISTS!  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.