Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HEY GUYS.... HERE'S HOW TO GET OUT OF A SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIM

Message 1 of 16

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As mimi pointed out it is entirely possible for adults to deal with situations themselves rather than running to the press, monitors, school administrations, managers, etc.

So, let me understand your complete thought process.

If a man in a position of power such as a Senator, Representative, District Attorney, or a boss touches a woman's breast, touches her private parts, kisses her or presses their body against hers, then, in your assessment of that situation; it is incumbent upon the woman, if she is an adult, to "deal with the situation" rather than "run" to the press or a Manager.

You then went further to call this woman in the scenario above a "SNOWFLAKE" that would be "RUNNING" to "MOMMY and DADDY" for protection forever.

Is that what you are saying...... because it sure sounds like it.

If that is what you are saying; then it is disgusting.

It appears that @rk9152 does not want to clarify his/her comments pertaining to, as they call it, "ADULTS DEALING WITH {SEXUAL PREDATOR} SITUATIONS THEMSELVES".

It is an indefensible viewpoint could be the reason.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mimi0000 wrote:

Hey  Guys and Women, Here's one of my stories.

As Director of a Summer Festival in Western N.Y. I produced an annual Jazz Festival in the eighties.

Soon after a famous musician arrived at the Theater I went to his dressing room to welcome him and ask if I could get him anything.  He said "Coffee please" and I said "I'll get it and be right back' 

I returned in a few minutes, knocked on his door, he opened it and said  "Come in". There he stood stark naked.   I handed him his coffee and said  "you’re going to catch a cold" as I quickly backed out the door.

I  shared the story with the other musicians who were performing at the event and they razed him mercilessly.

Want to know who it was? His initials are S.G.  Can you guess?

A fabulous way of dealing with a jerk.

@rk9152,

You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that this was a "fabulous way" for dealing with someone breaking the law. Basically, it was treated as being a joke.

@mimi0000chose to handle it the way she did but that doesn't mean it was the right way. What he did was illegal and demeaning. By not reporting the incident, this musician probably did this and who knows what else to other women AFTER @mimi0000's encounter with him.

For you to state it was a fabulous way to deal with a sexual predator almost smacks of support of the predator himself.

Sexual predators always use the "I was just joking around" as a defense and responses like yours enable them to do that.

As mimi pointed out it is entirely possible for adults to deal with situations themselves rather than running to the press, monitors, school administrations, managers, etc.

Then there are the snowflakes of all ages that need "Mommy and Daddy" to protect them forever.

Of ALL ages rk?

So, based on your argument, a 14 year old girl* who is sexually assaulted should not run to "Mommy and Daddy" lest she be labeled a "snowflake" by people who believe as you do.

DISGUSTING!!!

* 14 year old girls ...... Moore's preference to date and Trump's favorite to lust over while watching them get dressed.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

Post removed by poster.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16
so, my wife and i go nude to the hot tub, and dont worry about the neighbor since i have known him since i was 4. Is it wrong to tempt him so with our rolls of flab and a view of the browneye when we exit? not to mention other things that hang on 60 somethings.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

I knew some ladies that worked the overnight shift in a diner. around here, an all night diner attracts the bar closing crowd for miles. more than one pot of hot coffee got dumped in a lap.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

Then there are the snowflakes of all ages that need "Mommy and Daddy" to protect them forever.

It is more than vile of you to compare victims of sexual harassment to "snowflakes". But ............... it surprises me in the least.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@rk9152 wrote:

So, let me understand your complete thought process.

If a man in a position of power such as a Senator, Representative, District Attorney, or a boss touches a woman's breast, touches her private parts, kisses her or presses their body against hers, then, in your assessment of that situation; it is incumbent upon the woman, if she is an adult, to "deal with the situation" rather than "run" to the press or a Manager.

You then went further to call this woman in the scenario above a "SNOWFLAKE" that would be "RUNNING" to "MOMMY and DADDY" for protection forever.

Is that what you are saying...... because it sure sounds like it.

If that is what you are saying; then it is disgusting.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mimi0000 wrote:

Hey  Guys and Women, Here's one of my stories.

As Director of a Summer Festival in Western N.Y. I produced an annual Jazz Festival in the eighties.

Soon after a famous musician arrived at the Theater I went to his dressing room to welcome him and ask if I could get him anything.  He said "Coffee please" and I said "I'll get it and be right back' 

I returned in a few minutes, knocked on his door, he opened it and said  "Come in". There he stood stark naked.   I handed him his coffee and said  "you’re going to catch a cold" as I quickly backed out the door.

I  shared the story with the other musicians who were performing at the event and they razed him mercilessly.

Want to know who it was? His initials are S.G.  Can you guess?

A fabulous way of dealing with a jerk.

@rk9152,

You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that this was a "fabulous way" for dealing with someone breaking the law. Basically, it was treated as being a joke.

@mimi0000chose to handle it the way she did but that doesn't mean it was the right way. What he did was illegal and demeaning. By not reporting the incident, this musician probably did this and who knows what else to other women AFTER @mimi0000's encounter with him.

For you to state it was a fabulous way to deal with a sexual predator almost smacks of support of the predator himself.

Sexual predators always use the "I was just joking around" as a defense and responses like yours enable them to do that.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

Here's another experience.

In the early seventy's I testified in Albany for a NYS Bill that would make it illegal to deny credit due to sex or race.

I  testified that I had been  unable to get a car loan in my name even though I had a solid job,  good salary, stable marriage  4 children - two in college. 

I had been  told I could get the car if my husband or my father would sign for me.  (Hard to believe, right?).

After a Senator came up to me.... put his arm around my waist (way around my waist) and pulled me into his body while saying "Good job, honey".

What I wanted to do was knee him.  What I did was walk away because his vote was important for the Bill to pass.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

You got it!

Kudos
Views