Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HEALTH-CARE BLUES

Message 1 of 7

Cent-- our congressmen was extremely proud of himself that he voted for this bill because "I know the representation in this state, and I know my constituents will be cared for."

Well, he is right-- we have two Democratic senators and a wonderful Democratic governor. My question, What happens if a Republican governor is elected in the state. Given the track record of Republicans, all assurances that the people of New York will be taken care of are out the window. This was a very shortsighted decision on this congressman's part, and it is clear he is not thinking of the damage this bill could do in the future. It is also upsetting to me that he seems to have forgotten there are 49 other states. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Gail, you seem to have over-looked the FACT that the states will be deciding, under the GOP plan, if they are going to cover pre-x conditions.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@pc6063 wrote:

Schlomo- read the list of  pre-existing conditions before you decide that is a good idea.  Go to the thread entitled something like" live right,"  and you will find them.

But before you go, just a taste of what you will find.  Do you know that I acne, heartburn, rape, depression, a C-section, are some of the things on that list ?

I don't think your solution will touch that.

I have read many of your post and find your knowledge of what is in the AHCA and how it has been designed to work to be very, very lacking.  But yet you keep on spreading falsehoods.

Here's just one example - Fact checked by the WP and given (4) whopping big pinnochios 

WAshington Post Fact Checker Analysis 05/06/2017 Despite critics claim, The GOP health bill doesn't ...

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Schlomo- read the list of  pre-existing conditions before you decide that is a good idea.  Go to the thread entitled something like" live right,"  and you will find them.

But before you go, just a taste of what you will find.  Do you know that I acne, heartburn, rape, depression, a C-section, are some of the things on that list ?

I don't think your solution will touch that.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Of course, self-discipline would be a better alternative. But good luck with that.

Take my outrageously tongue-in-cheek post with a grain (or a gram) of salt.

schlomo
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@schlomo wrote:

A modest proposal to help solve the health-care crisis. Build mandatory rehabilitation centers for people addicted to nicotine, alcohol, legal and illegal drugs, and food.  Institutionalize the offenders for as long as it takes to recalibrate their brains to rid them of their dopamine cravings. Big Brother wants you!

Hmm. Mandatory like court ordered when they get caught committing a crime?

Nicotine and food are mandatory?  

Indefinite incarceration is not Constitutional, is it?

Just thinking out loud.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

HEALTH-CARE BLUES

Message 7 of 7

A modest proposal to help solve the health-care crisis. Build mandatory rehabilitation centers for people addicted to nicotine, alcohol, legal and illegal drugs, and food.  Institutionalize the offenders for as long as it takes to recalibrate their brains to rid them of their dopamine cravings. Big Brother wants you!

schlomo
Kudos
Views
Replies