From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: HARASSMENT OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY CONTINUES

Message 1 of 6

When the person in the WH uses and accepts the alt-right extremists because they are his voters, that gives those groups the permission to act out.     That removal will not end all the overt racism, but then Fox News will not show that behavior as "acceptable" on a daily basis and places like cpac will not reward 20 something haters of non-WASP as their star attraction.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

It doesn't surprise me one bit. This country  has always been extremely racist. We all know about how much in years past, the Jews in this country  were shun from many places. we developed into acceptance, Although this acceptance obviously have been superficial.  Now in this climate of intolerance that we are living. we have seen a resurgence of racism that we have not seen in a very long time.

Jews, Hispanics, Blacks Muslims and many others are now shunned from this society and the cries have become louder, 

I do believe that they were silenced for a very long time and now they have reached a level in which they don't  feel embarrassed to cry out their bigoted views.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

IMHO, this is nothing new, its just being put on public display for the first time.

Kids will behave in seemingly "anti-social" ways, but that's just how it SEEMS. Reality is kids will do outrageous things THAT THEY KNOW THEIR PARENTS ARE NOT BOTHERED BY. So for the kids, it's in accordance with the part of society they exist in.

At the top end it's "social cruelty" (think "mean girls" only bisexual) and vandalism. At the bottom, it's petty theft and preditory sex.

Does NOT mean the behavior should not be condemned. DOES mean the kids did not come up with it on their own.

The kids in this topic are not praising Nazis, they're just denegating a group they know (from careful observation) their parents are not keen on.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Being the "bleeding heart" that I can tend to be..... my heart is crying for this world!! Smiley Sad

We teach now some of the most highest academic classes in jr and high school, but we can't make time for social interactions and the repercussions of our actions in a forum of guidance and teaching? Certainly many will say that is what they were learning about....the Holocaust's....but shouldn't they also have a mentor phase of the instruction?  Many need to go help, aide a special education classroom that works with the emotional behavior students.  See the world from their view....they are bullied, secularized and put on public display like a "bad person".  In their view, why bother...society will just be that way and their is no hope in trying to have them show empathy, compassion, opportunity.  I had to learn the hard way of how the adults handle the situation by being the advocate to help them transition into the regular population.  This is the type of consequences we will now see from all the previous generations viewpoints, no?  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

I already saw it on another message board here in DC. Someone said the kids just might be trolling to get a response. 😡

We need to understand intent really doesn’t matter. Impact does. And the impact of this is awful. Not just in context of WWII/Holocaust history. But in current events. Very very recent current events. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

HARASSMENT OF THE JEWISH COMMUNITY CONTINUES

Message 6 of 6

Once again, white, affluent students organized an obviously ANTI-SEMITIC demonstration for dissemination over social media. This time, it is in Orange County, California...... a place that counts eight new HATE GROUPS on its roster in the last year.

Many of these students had just completed lessons on THE HOLOCAUST so they knew what importance would be placed on these ANTI-SEMITIC activities.

And yet, I am sure there will be responses to this post that will say that "kids will be kids" and no one should worry about this incident.

I believe most of us now know that making excuses for this type of activity is no more than an acceptance of the philosophy demonstrated by this activity.

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/04/700168758/nazi-saluting-teens-provoke-outrage-in-california-after-pho...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors