Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: H.R. 1227, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act

Message 21 of 23

@GailL1 wrote:

@Richva

Stupid me, I always thought there was science behind any of these controlled substances and medical use of any such product - unless it is just a supplement and sold over the counter.

As you can look up on the DEA's controlled substance list, there are medications listed there too in a different classification.

SO TO MOVE A DRUG FROM SCHEDULE 1 TO ANOTHER SCHEDULE, MEDICAL USE HAS TO BE DETERMINED.

Are we gonna remove it all together from ALL schedule classes?  The proposed bill does not say.

If so, it seems to me that it is no longer controlled at all in that sense.

PLEASE explain it to me -

It would remove marijuana from class one and then they would have to justify assigning it another class while under the scrutiny of states with billions of tax dollars at risk. I can't see them putting any restrictions on it at the federal level.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: H.R. 1227, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act

Message 22 of 23

@Richva

Stupid me, I always thought there was science behind any of these controlled substances and medical use of any such product - unless it is just a supplement and sold over the counter.

As you can look up on the DEA's controlled substance list, there are medications listed there too in a different classification.

SO TO MOVE A DRUG FROM SCHEDULE 1 TO ANOTHER SCHEDULE, MEDICAL USE HAS TO BE DETERMINED.

Are we gonna remove it all together from ALL schedule classes?  The proposed bill does not say.

If so, it seems to me that it is no longer controlled at all in that sense.

PLEASE explain it to me -

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

H.R. 1227, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act

Message 23 of 23

Is there anybody here who feels marijuana is accurately classified as a schedule one drug?  This is your chance to demonstrate the Republic in action. Call or write your representative and express your support for the bill. 

H.R. 1227, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act, sponsored by Representative Thomas Garrett, a Republican from Virginia. The bill, now with 15 cosponsors, would remove marijuana from Schedule 1 and eliminate federal penalties for anyone engaged in state-legal marijuana activity. All Congress has to do is pass it.

As of late Friday, POLITICO Magazine could not find a single member of Congress who had issued a statement in support of Sessions’ actions. In the end, this is a self-inflicted pot crisis that could prove to be a critical test of Trump’s ability to maintain his base.

“There’s a lot of old white men who are marijuana users, and the marijuana is keeping them alive,” Segerblom said from his cell phone while driving around Las Vegas. “Trump is going to have fewer to vote for him if he doesn’t keep marijuana legal.”

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors