From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gun Violence in America

Message 1 of 8

I found this website the other day while searching for information on gun violence in America. I was doing the research to be better informed to write my Congressman and Senators, both of whom are R's (Texas). Both Senators have A+ ratings from the NRA, so it is likely all in vain. But perhaps it will be enough to get the Congressman on board with universal background checks. He "says" he's open to bipartisan work to curb gun violence. Maybe I'll pass this info along as well. Texas has a lot of interest when it comes to tourism.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Texas legislature further relaxed their already lenient gun laws this past session. People with conceal carry permits can take them almost anywhere now, (restricted areas in airports and court houses being the major exceptions). They can conceal carry in most government buildings, and last year they made provisions for allowing guns on public college campuses. 

Here's the website: https://everytownresearch.org/gun-violence-america/?source=etno_ETHomePage&utm_source=et_n_&utm_medi...

By the way, if you are looking for statistics and such, you will find that most federal government websites are woefully out of date.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@williamb39198 wrote:

@john258 

I certainly concur with what you are stating. It does seem to be a multi front attack. My question, is trump smart enough to pull this off, even with putin pushing him. Or are there other trump handlers besides putin. 

Who is really behind trump and his fascist agenda?

The GOPerLords - those ultra conservatives who have been driving America toward a Corporate Oligarchy since at least 1968 when they learned they could control the Government by appealing the the most vile nature of the voting public - mindless racism.

Step one was to starve the Government by getting their Republican lackeys to remove taxation from the vast majority of their incomes. So much so that the flow of income and wealth from the bottom 90% into the top 10%, most going to the top 1% and the bottom 40% of Americans are slipping further and further into poverty while the next 50% are barely keeping pace with inflation. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Step two was to eliminate essential services provided by the Government so workers would become totally dependant on their employers for their education, health care and retirement. They're about 80% there on this one, and when the GOP repeals Obamacare with no replacement, allows Social Security and Medicare to go broke and has all the public schools privatized, they'll get another MISSION ACCOMPLISHED and the only bright spot for you will be your grandkids won't have enough education to ask why you let this happen to them?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

@williamb39198 wrote:

@john258 

I certainly concur with what you are stating. It does seem to be a multi front attack. My question, is trump smart enough to pull this off, even with putin pushing him. Or are there other trump handlers besides putin. 

Easy answer. NOT a clue. We do know this is world wide. Steve Bannon is one person who is working in other countries like GB (Brexit), Eastern Europe, Italy, Germany. Steve is working to over throw the Pope, and has established a Hqs. in Italy, plus some time ago Trump commented on that. I am sure our Intel agencies have a lot of info on it. Why do you think Trump wants his lackey in control of them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

@john258 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

This is an important subject and underlies everything we are talking about this week. Fact is there has been little else in the news  but this since it started in CA. Sadly there are a lot of other things going on in this country due to Trump as he takes us down the same path Hitler took Germany in the 1930. Here are some of them. 1. We saw ICE at work in Miss. over the weekend. They used terror in their raids on the meat packing plants. Children were the main terror targets. We saw the kids left at school, day care, home with out their parents to live or die on their own. We saw good Americans living near them step in to assist them, but the mental damage to them is done. A good number of people ICE seized were let out today. NOT ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO OWN THE MEAT PACKING PLANTS WERE ARRESTED. They were the ones who brought those people to the plants. Do you think any of them  ever heard of Rural Miss.? ICE is Dictator Trumps SS and all better realize that. 2. Tonight we see the Intel agencies being brought under Dictator Trump to be used as he sees fit. He named one of his lackeys to oversea all of them. He goes around Congress, and breaks existing law on what should happen. 3. Two law suits filed by fired employees of the JD and FBI. Read those suites and you will see how Dictator Trump has interfered with the JD. Does anyone think we have justice for all now under Dictator Trump. 4. How many kids were stolen at the border the past week? 5. We see a number of people at the State Dept. quit due to Trump and what he is doing around the world. Why did John H. quit as ambassador to Russia?

THIS COUNTRY IS VERY CLOSE TO BEING A TOTAL DICTATORSHIP WITH TRUMP AS DICTATOR. The one and only priority of all true Americans is to end this. There should be nothing but getting rid of Dictator Trump in the 2020 election along with everyone with an R behind their name. There will be nothing done on any of the subjects we like  to talk about until that happens so WAKE UP.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@TracyofCotuit wrote:

I never thought I'd see the day when Amnesty International would issue a travel warning about visiting our United States of America, but they have done so according to an article I read by The Washington Post.

According to the Washington Post, we are now known for "ongoing high levels of gun violence". I also note that Amnesty International accused our government of "failing to fulfill its obligation under international law to keep people safe."

Fake news; I don't think so.

Tourism is important to all nations, and Amnesty International in doing their job and alerting other nations to warn their citizens of the possible danger of coming here will not help our tourism.

Tourism = MONEY coming in, so in my opinion this is one more reason why Trump needs to get with congress and work on the high levels of gun violence in this country. 

.TravelAdvisoryUSA.png

Here is the article from the Washington Post.  Amnesty International is not the only one to issue warnings about travel in the US in recent years.  Germany, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada et al. have urged their citizens to remain vigilant and cautious of their surroundings.  Most recently, Venezuela and Uruguay (although the Post acknowledges the latter two may be politically motivated).

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

I’ve got family coming in from the Middle East in September. The middle east, folks. And they are slightly concerned....

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Gun Violence in America

Message 8 of 8

I never thought I'd see the day when Amnesty International would issue a travel warning about visiting our United States of America, but they have done so according to an article I read by The Washington Post.

According to the Washington Post, we are now known for "ongoing high levels of gun violence". I also note that Amnesty International accused our government of "failing to fulfill its obligation under international law to keep people safe."

Fake news; I don't think so.

Tourism is important to all nations, and Amnesty International in doing their job and alerting other nations to warn their citizens of the possible danger of coming here will not help our tourism.

Tourism = MONEY coming in, so in my opinion this is one more reason why Trump needs to get with congress and work on the high levels of gun violence in this country. 

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors