Get answers to your legal and financial affairs questions about caregiving from AARP expert Amanda Singleton. Join the discussion today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gun Store Owner & Son Die in Shootout

Message 1 of 7

-

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@loveabull wrote:

It's the wish of the NRA to have Wild West City nationwide. What fun, open carry is going to make jobs like customer service so much more entertaining...I've delt with my share of angry customers who questioned the stores service or return policy. Would some of them be mad enough to open fire? You'd hope they'd at least give the opportunity to call the manager, nail his sorry butt instead.

Sadly, it's not JUST the NRA; it's also those who claim, "If anyone needs more proof that arming every citizen in the Country is the answer to the USA's rising record of Deaths by Gun and the rest of the Gun Violence..."

When a thread is started about - intellectual dishonesty and attempts to change the intent & meaning of others......................and then another post is made taking someone elses comment out of context in a attempt to change the meaning and intent - what does that mean?

Here is the above post - in it's entirety - that was edited in a attempt to change the meaning and intent - ...............

"If anyone needs more proof that arming every citizen in the Country is the answer to the USA's rising record of Deaths by Gun and the rest of the Gun Violence......................They should read this story about how a Gun Store Owner and his Son were killed by their own customers over a $25 Repair Bill - the best part - No Charges Filed? Why because this is the normal way they settle disputes in Mississippi?"

Clearly the intent of the poster was to use - innuendo and animadversion - to cast aspersions on the silly claim that - More Peple with Guns are the answer to Gun Violence...................

If two people who's professional success is - determined by how expert they are in all things relating to Guns & Ammunition - cannot adequately defend themselves in their own place of business - a gun shop - surrounded by guns and  prevent their own deaths by gun from customers - well then what chance would a mother with two kids in tow in a Grocery Store have of defending herself & family................

If that is not what readers gleened from my original post - my apologies and please accept the above explanation as more evidence of my intent

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@loveabull wrote:

It's the wish of the NRA to have Wild West City nationwide. What fun, open carry is going to make jobs like customer service so much more entertaining...I've delt with my share of angry customers who questioned the stores service or return policy. Would some of them be mad enough to open fire? You'd hope they'd at least give the opportunity to call the manager, nail his sorry butt instead.

Sadly, it's not JUST the NRA; it's also those who claim, "If anyone needs more proof that arming every citizen in the Country is the answer to the USA's rising record of Deaths by Gun and the rest of the Gun Violence..."

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

What a senseless tragedy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Charleton Heston is the first recent very public and extremely obvious example of a person with pre-diagnosis Alzheimer Syndrome becoming a conservative as a result of deteriorating intellectual functions and later becoming a laughing stock that the NRA had some difficulty easing out of their presidency.

I left the NRA as quickly as I could after some of their people spoke in support of Ford's Pardon of Nixon - an unconscionably perfidious act I viewed then - and still view as an unpatriotic act of placing party before country. 

I have never since believed that Republicans - or the NRA - have subsequently put rule of law and loyalty to country before loyalty to party - or the NRA.

Gottfried von Berlichingen said it 500 years ago - now it is entirely appropriate and deserved for trump...
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Guns, greed and the NRA

for your viewing pleasure.

Personal opinion only I gave up my membership in the NRA after Charleton Heston whacked out, and I'm proud to be a non-NRA member everytime the new poopy drawers Ted Nugent calls for an assassination of a President or a Candidate for President.

The frightening thing is the NRA doesn't require members to exist as 74% (vague memory) of their monies comes from corporate sponsors. Anything from gun manufacturers to targets, ammo, hunting clubs, wholesale and retail chains.

I'm not a city dweller, just a country dweller where luckily most know how to handle guns. Also luckily despite our whizbang governors right to carry, no one has recently taken their weapon and shot anyone while drinking at the nearest bar room.

Course that idea just went out the window somewhere within the state borders when a drunk with a gun, argued with a taxidriver and tried to kill him. Least it wasn't here, in pop 700 land, it was the big city where you can actually find an Uber or a taxicab.

Frozen

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Gun Store Owner & Son Die in Shootout

Message 7 of 7

If anyone needs more proof that arming every citizen in the Country is the answer to the USA's rising record of Deaths by Gun and the rest of the Gun Violence......................They should read this story about how a Gun Store Owner and his Son were killed by their own customers over a $25 Repair Bill - the best part - No Charges Filed? Why because this is the normal way they settle disputes in Mississippi?

A gun-store owner and his son were killed in a shootout with two customers after an argument over a $25 firearm repair fee, police told NBC station WDSU.

The patrons were also taken to hospital with serious injuries following Saturday's incident at the store near Picayune, Mississippi, which is 130 miles south of Jackson.

The customers, who are also a father and son, had visited the store to collect a firearm that had been dropped off for repair. They became irate after being told it was not ready and there would be a $25 service charge, the Pearl River County Sheriff's Office told WDSU.

The argument descended into a shootout, resulting in the owner and his son dying from "multiple gunshot wounds" and the customers being transferred to intensive care, Sun Herald newspaper reported.

The case is still being investigated and no charges have been filed, the newspaper reported Sunday. NBC News was not able to reach the Pearl River County Sheriff's Office for an update early Monday.

SOURCE - http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mississippi-gun-store-owner-son-die-shootout-customers-n503601

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies