Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gun Fanatics Lose Big At Trumps SCOTUS

Message 11 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It's already legal to purchase a silencer (suppressor) and use it legally any time.  Here are the requirements:

• Be a resident of a state where suppressors are legal.
  • Be at least 21 years of age.
  • Be a United States resident.
  • Be legally allowed to purchase a firearm.
  • Pass an ATF background check that usually needs 6 to 9 months to process.
  • Pay a onetime fee of $200.

All True

But this Post is about how the Supreme Court is going to allow it all to be made illegal

What do you need a Silencer 4 anyway?

So when you kill the First Deer the other Deers won't hear the shot?

I don't need a silencer but then again, I'm not a criminal.  Criminals don't care about laws - even those that the Supreme Court put their blessing on. Just like drugs, illegal weapons, and now silencers - they will ALL be used by criminals!

There are 300 Million Guns out in the Public Arena

How many of those 300 Million Guns have been shot in self defense?

How many of those 300 million guns have been shot to kill or maim another human puposefully

If the answers to both questions are not the same number

Then the Chances of a Legal Gun Owner Becoming a Criminal are far greater than any other segment of the population

Guns are the only items that are bought and sold legally that cause the deaths of thousands of Americans every year - year in & year out

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

I own a 4 Wheeler - a lawn mower - a sledge hammer - a shovel - a computer - a refrigerator - a drone

None of those things kill as many humans each year as guns

Again - every Gun Owner is a potential Criminal - most Killers who use Guns have no previous criminal record

So it's got nothing to do with Criminals

Again every gun owner is a potential criminal

Gun Owners Only Become Criminals After They Shoot Someone

Every One of the Recent Mass Murderers Was a First Time Criminal and only after they used their Legally Purchased Gun to kill someone

Your trying to paint a picture that out of all the Mass Shootings Committed in the USA every year - they were all committed by individuals who had a lengthy criminal record - they are not

First time Criminals - Purchased Guns Legally

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It's already legal to purchase a silencer (suppressor) and use it legally any time.  Here are the requirements:

All True

But this Post is about how the Supreme Court is going to allow it all to be made illegal

I don't need a silencer but then again, I'm not a criminal.  Criminals don't care about laws - even those that the Supreme Court put their blessing on. Just like drugs, illegal weapons, and now silencers - they will ALL be used by criminals!

Why have any laws at all then since only honest people follow them anyway?

Because honest people follow rules and laws. If you write them down and publish them, honest people will follow them.  I guess you don't know such people?

But if honest people already know that they should be honest why do they need these rules and laws written down and published? If these honest people, who are already honest, are the only ones following these laws why do they need to be written down and published?

Laws are needed because there are dishonest people not because of honest people. Honest people already know that they shouldn’t rob or shoot others so they don’t need laws telling them that they cannot. 

It it seems to me that you need to seek out some honest people to get a better outlook on life.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 23

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

Because honest people follow rules and laws. If you write them down and publish them, honest people will follow them.  I guess you don't know such people?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 23

@MaVolta wrote:

Wasn't a silencer used by the Virginia Beach shooter? Some people said that they thought the shots were farther away when the shooter was actually very close. Others said it was difficult to determine which direction shots were coming from. 

Silencers, among other items (large magazines, armor piercing ammunition) should be outlawed, IMO. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to own such things for sport shooting or hunting.

#enough

Add semiautomatic weapons that can fire more than 8 times to that short list, and we can solve most of the slaughter by guns in our schools and on our streets without impacting a single sane gun enthusiast.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 23

One of our Poster's said Gun owners would suffer If they couldn't have 30-50 Round Assault Rifles. Suffer is what our little Angels at Sandy Hook Elementary School did because of that 30 Round Assault Rifle.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 23

Wasn't a silencer used by the Virginia Beach shooter? Some people said that they thought the shots were farther away when the shooter was actually very close. Others said it was difficult to determine which direction shots were coming from. 

Silencers, among other items (large magazines, armor piercing ammunition) should be outlawed, IMO. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to own such things for sport shooting or hunting.

#enough

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 23

Try to think about the Police Officer's Safety when he or she puts their life on the line trying to protect the rest of us , responding to an active shooter covered by a Silencer ???

Kudos
Views