Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gun Fanatics Lose Big At Trumps SCOTUS

Message 1 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It's already legal to purchase a silencer (suppressor) and use it legally any time.  Here are the requirements:

• Be a resident of a state where suppressors are legal.
  • Be at least 21 years of age.
  • Be a United States resident.
  • Be legally allowed to purchase a firearm.
  • Pass an ATF background check that usually needs 6 to 9 months to process.
  • Pay a onetime fee of $200.

All True

But this Post is about how the Supreme Court is going to allow it all to be made illegal

What do you need a Silencer 4 anyway?

So when you kill the First Deer the other Deers won't hear the shot?

I don't need a silencer but then again, I'm not a criminal.  Criminals don't care about laws - even those that the Supreme Court put their blessing on. Just like drugs, illegal weapons, and now silencers - they will ALL be used by criminals!

There are 300 Million Guns out in the Public Arena

How many of those 300 Million Guns have been shot in self defense?

How many of those 300 million guns have been shot to kill or maim another human puposefully

If the answers to both questions are not the same number

Then the Chances of a Legal Gun Owner Becoming a Criminal are far greater than any other segment of the population

Guns are the only items that are bought and sold legally that cause the deaths of thousands of Americans every year - year in & year out

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

I own a 4 Wheeler - a lawn mower - a sledge hammer - a shovel - a computer - a refrigerator - a drone

None of those things kill as many humans each year as guns

Again - every Gun Owner is a potential Criminal - most Killers who use Guns have no previous criminal record

So it's got nothing to do with Criminals

Again every gun owner is a potential criminal

Gun Owners Only Become Criminals After They Shoot Someone

Every One of the Recent Mass Murderers Was a First Time Criminal and only after they used their Legally Purchased Gun to kill someone

Your trying to paint a picture that out of all the Mass Shootings Committed in the USA every year - they were all committed by individuals who had a lengthy criminal record - they are not

First time Criminals - Purchased Guns Legally

I agree with 99.9% of your statements but I also agree with the 2nd Amendment.

And the second amendment does not disallow the heavy regulation of firearms. It is within the guidelines of the Constitution to ban all firearms with a magazine capable of holding more that 8 rounds and to ban all semi-automatic weapons.

Correct but they WON'T!

Republicans purchased by the NRA "WON'T".

But I believe the Democrats WILL if they control the House, Senate and Executive Office after the 2020 elections.

So there's another good sane reason to vote Democrat in 2020!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It's already legal to purchase a silencer (suppressor) and use it legally any time.  Here are the requirements:

All True

But this Post is about how the Supreme Court is going to allow it all to be made illegal

I don't need a silencer but then again, I'm not a criminal.  Criminals don't care about laws - even those that the Supreme Court put their blessing on. Just like drugs, illegal weapons, and now silencers - they will ALL be used by criminals!

How many of those 300 million guns have been shot to kill or maim another human puposefully

Then the Chances of a Legal Gun Owner Becoming a Criminal are far greater than any other segment of the population

Guns are the only items that are bought and sold legally that cause the deaths of thousands of Americans every year - year in & year out

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

I own a 4 Wheeler - a lawn mower - a sledge hammer - a shovel - a computer - a refrigerator - a drone

Again - every Gun Owner is a potential Criminal - most Killers who use Guns have no previous criminal record

Every One of the Recent Mass Murderers Was a First Time Criminal and only after they used their Legally Purchased Gun to kill someone

Your trying to paint a picture that out of all the Mass Shootings Committed in the USA every year - they were all committed by individuals who had a lengthy criminal record - they are not

And the second amendment does not disallow the heavy regulation of firearms. It is within the guidelines of the Constitution to ban all firearms with a magazine capable of holding more that 8 rounds and to ban all semi-automatic weapons.

Correct but they WON'T!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

Why have any laws at all then since only honest people follow them anyway?

Because honest people follow rules and laws. If you write them down and publish them, honest people will follow them.  I guess you don't know such people?

So then silencers should be illegal, right?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

Yup .... guns should be restricted to a "well regulated militia"!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

So Do I & So Does The Supreme Court

Both the Supreme Court & I beleive the Second Ammendment does not say - because I have the Right to Own a Gun - Does Not Mean I Cannot be Regulated

For Example - The US Constitution Has A - Privileges and Immunities Clause - it guarantees my Right to Freedom of Movement between States in & Out of the Country - Etc.

That right doesn't mean my - Freedom of Movement - cannot be regulated - just because I have a Constitutional Right to Travel from New Hampshire into Massachusetts - Both Mass & NH Can Put Restrictions on me - Licensing - Insurance - Sales Taxes - Etc

You can buy Recreational Pot in Massachusetts - you cannot transport it into New Hampshire where it's illegal

It's Legal to Smoke Cigarettes in both States but you can't Legally Transport Mass Tax Stamped Cigs into NH and sell them or Vice versa - same with Alcohol

NH does not Require Vehicle Insurance - Mass Does - Sticky Wicket On that One 

So in the Case I beleive the SCOTUS is saying - Gun Ownership can and should be regulated

The recent action of SCOTUS leaves silencers classified with sawed-off shotguns, hand grenades, submachine guns and other assorted full auto weapons and oh yes - certain "select fire trigger groups" for retrofitting "civilian AR15s" and "bumpstocks" of all sorts are restricted/regulated as to who may purchase or own any of the above mentioned firearms and devices...

Just think - it is possible/probable that an unusually strong and extreme fondness for white nationalism/white supremacy and racial and religious separatism might just keep one from being permitted to own an NFA firearm/NFA device...

Isn't that sweet?

Oh yes - BTW - skiing was great up at 10 - 12,000 feet on Aspen Mountain on Memorial Day weekend and every weekend since - including this last weekend...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

So Do I & So Does The Supreme Court

Both the Supreme Court & I beleive the Second Ammendment does not say - because I have the Right to Own a Gun - Does Not Mean I Cannot be Regulated

For Example - The US Constitution Has A - Privileges and Immunities Clause - it guarantees my Right to Freedom of Movement between States in & Out of the Country - Etc.

That right doesn't mean my - Freedom of Movement - cannot be regulated - just because I have a Constitutional Right to Travel from New Hampshire into Massachusetts - Both Mass & NH Can Put Restrictions on me - Licensing - Insurance - Sales Taxes - Etc

You can buy Recreational Pot in Massachusetts - you cannot transport it into New Hampshire where it's illegal

It's Legal to Smoke Cigarettes in both States but you can't Legally Transport Mass Tax Stamped Cigs into NH and sell them or Vice versa - same with Alcohol

NH does not Require Vehicle Insurance - Mass Does - Sticky Wicket On that One 

So in the Case I beleive the SCOTUS is saying - Gun Ownership can and should be regulated

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

Because honest people follow rules and laws. If you write them down and publish them, honest people will follow them.  I guess you don't know such people?

But if honest people already know that they should be honest why do they need these rules and laws written down and published? If these honest people, who are already honest, are the only ones following these laws why do they need to be written down and published?

Laws are needed because there are dishonest people not because of honest people. Honest people already know that they shouldn’t rob or shoot others so they don’t need laws telling them that they cannot. 

It it seems to me that you need to seek out some honest people to get a better outlook on life.

I'll repeat what I said  because the first readng you didn't understand.  Because honest people follow rules and laws. If you write them down and publish them, honest people will follow them.  I guess you don't know such people?

You can repeat your post as many times as you want but you might try thinking for a change. 

Why do you think that honest people can only do the right thing when it is written down and published as rules and laws? If some people (probably not honest people) will not follow gun laws what makes you think they will follow any other law.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

I own a Truck

I own a Motorcycle

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

All True

But if honest people already know that they should be honest why do they need these rules and laws written down and published? If these honest people, who are already honest, are the only ones following these laws why do they need to be written down and published?

Laws are needed because there are dishonest people not because of honest people. Honest people already know that they shouldn’t rob or shoot others so they don’t need laws telling them that they cannot. 

It it seems to me that you need to seek out some honest people to get a better outlook on life.

I'll repeat what I said  because the first readng you didn't understand.  Because honest people follow rules and laws. If you write them down and publish them, honest people will follow them.  I guess you don't know such people?

Kudos
Views