Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Greta Thunberg - Time's 2019 Person Of The Year

Message 52 of 69

Wait for it...

Next move will be "Time" magazine ownership companies investigated for stuff and such by the US government; yet more waste of time and OUR money, but you know it will happen as long as there is a child in charge.

This soon-to-be 97 years old magazine with global publication and respect (so much so that the child in charge has faked covers to exhibit in his properties, and his campaign altered the current recipient's cover to include his face) will be thoroughly denigrated for this and will be forced to spend millions to defend against a government gone off the rails, as has any global entity who has not bent to the child in charge wishes.

His supporters cite global respect and winning for the US; that's not what I've seen/read, but as stupid as I am as a non-supporter, they may be right... I can't respect anyone who wastes resources (monetary and natural), makes money by wearing local governments down with court proceedings (shyster comes to mind), ridicules anyone other than himself and his supposed children, personally attacks others on Twitter (hey, I love Twitter, but what self-respecting leader of a nation would use that platform as his forum? ) , and uses an atrocious combover as his disguise?

So apparently the videos and quotes showing world leaders basically dissing this child are fake...

And having typed that last sentence, I realize I've been guilty of chiding a child; shame on me for posting negative regarding the child in charge...

#VegasStrong

#NeverTrump

Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 69

I suspect Trump doesn't think anyone deserves to be person of the year except him. What a malignant,  petty little child to be attacking and denigrating this young lady.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 69

(Lalo Alcaraz/Universal Uclick)

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 69

trump time 4 year old.jpg

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 69

President Donald Trump‘s re-election campaign has routinely made bizarre choices in order to promote him and his agenda.

The campaign took that strangeness to another level Friday, posting an edited image of President Trump’s head on climate activist Greta Thunberg‘s new TIME cover.

The manipulation of Thunberg’s “Person of the Year” cover shows Trump’s 73-year-old head pasted onto her 16-year-old body along with a list of his 2016 campaign promises that his re-election team claims he has already accomplished.

“There’s only one Person of The Year,” the campaign wrote with the altered cover. (Trump, noted for his love of being on magazines, has a special fascination with TIME, even making fake covers in the past.)

https://people.com/politics/trump-campaign-photoshops-his-head-greta-thunberg-time-cover/

trump time edit.jpg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 69

Sally Field arrested at Jane Fonda's climate protest

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/entertainment/sally-field-arrested-climate-protests-trnd/index.html

"I am a mother, I am a grandmother," Field said in a speech shared by Fire Drill Fridays' Twitter account. "The time is now. We cannot sit back in our comfort zones, on our couches, and wonder, 'What can we do?'"

“What’s a high crime? How about if an important person hurts somebody of low means? It’s not very scholarly. But I think it’s the truth. — Lindsey Graham
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 69

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

And rump responds by acting like a child....

Pathetic indeed!!!

Greta acts more like an adult than tRump does, and my bet is that her IQ is much higher !  Probably much higher than the first lady's too !

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 69

And rump responds by acting like a child....

Pathetic indeed!!!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 69

Miss Thunberg earned my vote a long time ago.

"The eyes of all future generations are upon you. And if you choose to fail us, I say we will never forgive you. We will not let you get away with this. Right here, right now is where we draw the line."

"We cannot solve a crisis without treating it as a crisis. And if solutions within the system are so impossible to find, then maybe we should change the system itself."

“For way too long, the politicians and the people in power have gotten away with not doing anything to fight the climate crisis, but we will make sure that they will not get away with it any longer. We are striking because we have done our homework and they have not.

“Adults keep saying we owe it to the young people, to give them hope, but I don’t want your hope. I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. I want you to act. I want you to act as you would in a crisis. I want you to act as if the house is on fire, because it is.”

read more at: https://yourstory.com/herstory/2019/12/sweedish-activist-greta-thunmberg-time-person-year-2019?utm_p...

“What’s a high crime? How about if an important person hurts somebody of low means? It’s not very scholarly. But I think it’s the truth. — Lindsey Graham
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors