Honored Social Butterfly

Graham says black people can go anywhere in South Carolina,

"if they are conservative." Wow. Someone needs a wake up call I think.

“And here are the facts,” Graham said. “Do I believe our cops are systemically racist? No. Do I believe South Carolina is a racist state? No.”

Graham then asserted that Black people can only “go to the Senate” if they “share the values of our state,” pointing to Scott, who was elected in 2013. Graham predicted that Harrison would lose “not because of race but because he’s aligned himself with the most liberal people in the country.” 

“I care about everybody. If you are a young African American, an immigrant, you can go anywhere in this state, you just need to be conservative, not liberal.” 

Despite his claim, South Carolina is not a totally conservative state ― as evidenced by the fact that Harrison is neck-and-neck with the sitting senator in recent polls.

Graham says blacks can go anywhere in the state as long as they are conservative 

Related story:

meanwhile Grahams Dem. challenger shattered a record and hauled in $54 million!

Graham's in the race of his life. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Tom5678 

I’m sure that African Americans in South Carolina are totally overjoyed by graham’s remarks...and they have the total support of graham!...Sure! And remember that graham is a man of his word...vote graham out!

...I do wonder how the Black populace in SC feels about scott in the senate?

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

You can have any color you want as long as you want black.

Henry Ford

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Honored Social Butterfly

Graham says, "black people can go anywhere in South Carolina as long as they're conservative."

So I guess when the police pull over a black person for DWB (driving while black), all that black person has to do is pull out his driver's license and his Republican Party membership card and he's good to go!

Yeah, right!

Honored Social Butterfly

The world according to Lindsey Graham.  You can buy it in the 'fiction' section.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png