Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Good news thanks to the tax cuts

Message 41 of 45

@KidBoy2

I suppose you are interested in lining the pockets of our DIMWIT IN CHIEF.

Because, while a couple of hundred thousand A.T. and T. employees (Union employees only) are getting $1,000, our con artist in residence Donald Trump (the greedy piece of crap he is), under his tax plan, comes into a windfall of $11,000,000.

Sounds fair in the TRUMP-O-NOMICS world.

Most companies will use any savings for stock buy-backs and dividends..... very little will reach employees. ATT will be the exception rather than the rule.

Historically this is true and there is no reason to think companies will act differently this time.

Additionally, this tax windfall for the rich will increase the deficit and, at some point precipitate a recession.

Why don't you check how many of the population of the United States, as a whole, thinks this tax plan is "GREAT NEWS FOR OUR COUNTRY" as you do.

I think you will find that you are in a minority of 24%.

Sad............

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 45

KidBoy2:  Great news for our country!  

Wow, that is very good news. But I like being fair & balanced, so I feel compelled to post this. Smiley Happy

How Trump's Corporate-Tax Plan Could Send American Jobs Overseas

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/11/trump-corporate-tax-reform-jobs/544487/

Trump's Tax Promises Undercut by CEO Plans to Help Investors

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-29/trump-s-tax-promises-undercut-by-ceo-plans-to-rew...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 45
oldrer posted..

News from AT&T and Boeing IS good news, but so was the first stories from Carrier regarding the impact of trumponomics. Let's wait and see how many of those $1000 checks and increased capital investment actually materialize - talk's cheap.

=============================
Talk's cheap...I agree as I see that everyday that I read the nonsense posted on this board.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 45

News from AT&T and Boeing IS good news, but so was the first stories from Carrier regarding the impact of trumponomics. Let's wait and see how many of those $1000 checks and increased capital investment actually materialize - talk's cheap.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Good news thanks to the tax cuts

Message 45 of 45

AT&T Says to Pay Bonuses, Invest $1 Billion Once Tax Reform Signed

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors