Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Good news thanks to the tax cuts

Message 21 of 45

@GailL1 wrote:

@phyllisc6781

The party talking point to the ignorant.  

Not one child has lost CHIP, nor any pregnant woman if covered under the various state's income level for the program.  Any state that has run into a current funding problem has had emergency funds released to them to cover the program until something can be done about it.

There is and has been a motion on the table since the end of September to fund the program for another (5) years instead do these short term funding measures.

What is wrong with these (3) measures?  I have posted them several times and they are not hard to find.  Let's get specific instead of beating this party line crap.

There has always been and still is coverage for children under Medicaid if the family's income qualifies for this coverage.

With the advent of the ACA people with sick children have access to coverage with a tax credit subsidy if their income is less than 400%'of the FPL.  Nothing has changed in that regards.  So here we have a sharing of the cost of healthcare for the Children under private insurance companies who can not deny coverage based on any pre existing condition.

CHIP also covers children who are not sick - covers them just like Medicaid and private insurance - immunizations, wellness exams, dentist, eye exams and glasses if need be.

However, as john258 has described in his state, CHIP can cover so much more - since the state's can design their own program - school nurses, school crossing guards, to name a few.

States like CHIP because it is themFederal government is picking up the majority of the cost and they get to design their programs with less, much less, cost sharing than what they might have to do if these children are eligible for the standard Medicaid program.  The can also find more providers to cover them since the rate of pay the state is paying them is higher than what they might pay them if under Mediciad.

Anybody being cared for under the CHIP program has access to other coverage.

There is also NO provision that the parents of CHIP kids or pregnant women under the program have coverage.  Talk about a mandate with some teeth.

Please . . . . Don't confuse this with anything Trump.  It is a Congressional matter and one I feel that if some bipartisan reconciliation don't happen to fund this program more fairly and more uniform for at least 5-years - we are never gonna get anywhere.

All I am asking you to do is know about what you speak and then draw you conclusion based on the facts in the matter and not just spout some party line pulling at the heartstrings of the ignorant.  Program funding and design are never as clear cut as they seem.

Starting next year States will be dropping CHIP coverage as we heard last evening on TV. They had one family on  who's child could die, and there are more like that. The gave the number is some states that will loose coverage as it goes up by month, and if nothing is done by Trump and GOP it will happen is all States. This is a Trump problem as it was caused by him and the far right in Congress. You gave a long post but failed to give what is happening. Kids loose out and can die due to Trump and the Far right GOP. I hope all the Trump supporters are proud of what is happening. Thanks far right GOP, but they are only doing what they do best. Hurting people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 45

@phyllisc6781

The party talking point to the ignorant.  

Not one child has lost CHIP, nor any pregnant woman if covered under the various state's income level for the program.  Any state that has run into a current funding problem has had emergency funds released to them to cover the program until something can be done about it.

There is and has been a motion on the table since the end of September to fund the program for another (5) years instead do these short term funding measures.

What is wrong with these (3) measures?  I have posted them several times and they are not hard to find.  Let's get specific instead of beating this party line crap.

There has always been and still is coverage for children under Medicaid if the family's income qualifies for this coverage.

With the advent of the ACA people with sick children have access to coverage with a tax credit subsidy if their income is less than 400%'of the FPL.  Nothing has changed in that regards.  So here we have a sharing of the cost of healthcare for the Children under private insurance companies who can not deny coverage based on any pre existing condition.

CHIP also covers children who are not sick - covers them just like Medicaid and private insurance - immunizations, wellness exams, dentist, eye exams and glasses if need be.

However, as john258 has described in his state, CHIP can cover so much more - since the state's can design their own program - school nurses, school crossing guards, to name a few.

States like CHIP because it is themFederal government is picking up the majority of the cost and they get to design their programs with less, much less, cost sharing than what they might have to do if these children are eligible for the standard Medicaid program.  The can also find more providers to cover them since the rate of pay the state is paying them is higher than what they might pay them if under Mediciad.

Anybody being cared for under the CHIP program has access to other coverage.

There is also NO provision that the parents of CHIP kids or pregnant women under the program have coverage.  Talk about a mandate with some teeth.

Please . . . . Don't confuse this with anything Trump.  It is a Congressional matter and one I feel that if some bipartisan reconciliation don't happen to fund this program more fairly and more uniform for at least 5-years - we are never gonna get anywhere.

All I am asking you to do is know about what you speak and then draw you conclusion based on the facts in the matter and not just spout some party line pulling at the heartstrings of the ignorant.  Program funding and design are never as clear cut as they seem.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 45

Two million children lost their health coverage yesterday. Some will die.  Does one have to be “liberal” to understand the total lack of humanity in that?

There is no excuse—no defending the actions of those who knowingly take away medical care ftom children.

To defend puts one in the same category as those who voted to let children sicken, suffer, and, for some, die. And I bet some of those kids have parents who voted for the slime who applauded this “Christmas Gift” of a bill. 

To call trump “my president” is synonymous with acknowledging partnership with the devil.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 45

@Richva wrote:

Yes indeedy. Now we can just sit back and wait for all those wage increases to happen. Interesting they gave a bonus (one time) and not a wage increase (permanent) isn't it?

As one of your fellow liberal posters pointed out, the increase was for union employees  only. Everyone should know union employees  and the companies they work for are bound by contracts. If the unions are smart they'll bring up fhe very positive effect the tax plan affords, when bargaining their next contract.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 45

@nctarheel—You forgot trump is also a brilliant example of some one who can barely construct a complete sentence, much less have  any understanding of how a sound budget works.

KEY WORD—BANKRUPTCIES 

THERE IS NO GOOD NEWS WITH REGARD TO TAX CUTS—unless one is uber rich —-or just plain dumb. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 45

@KidBoy2 wrote:

But it will help our economy.

Was your education in economics, @KidBoy2?

I ask because there are many, many economist that believe this bill will actually only provide a short term boost to the economy but result in long term irreversible damage to the economy. That damage would take decades to recover from as the damage would be widespread.

But TRUMP must know more than these economists because he is such a renaissance man, a brilliant economist, a brilliant general, and a brilliant personal counselor to hundreds of women.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 45

The”tax reform” AKA screw the poor and middle class,  has passed.

The Republicans voted for this even though 55% of American citizens were against it!

Yup, seems they didn’t want to once again be raped by trump and his band of thieves.  Can’t wait til mid-terms.

This bill sucks

Republicans suck

trump sucks

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 45

I suppose asking why the Republicans did not just keep the money and finance $1.5 Trilllion in infrastructure work would be too simple a question?  Far better to give to the corporations and 1% then wait for the trickle down.  Well, we know what trickles down from what happened in Kansas. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 45

NEW YORK — AT&T Inc said on Wednesday it will pay $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees 

After they cut the workforce by 80,000 employees

I smell bullbleep.

This probably has more to do with the hate that was generated against ATT, Verizon, and Comcast after the Republican FCC gave the Internet to them.

Public relations investment.

I doubt it stems the tsunami of hate that is heading their way.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 45

Richva:  Yes indeedy. Now we can just sit back and wait for all those wage increases to happen. Interesting they gave a bonus (one time) and not a wage increase (permanent) isn't it?

That's far too much nuance.Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors