Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Good news thanks to the tax cuts

Message 11 of 45
CT posted..

FACT: Republicans repeatedly stated when they get in power, they favored a simple, FLAT tax. This bill has approximately 500 pages.

FACT: Republicans repeatedly stated they would close corporate tax loopholes, but they didn't

FACT: Republicans repeatedly stated they would NOT add to the deficit It will add between 1.5 and 2 Trillion dollars to the deficit. So much for caring about our financial future.

FACT: Republicans LIED by calling this a middle class tax bill. Per an independent analysis, about 83% of the benefits of the bill will go to either corporations or the rich.

FACT: Trump broke his campaign promise to get rid of the "Carried Interest" rule for Hedge Fund Managers.

FACT: High income people have a much larger child tax credit than those on the low end of the scale.

=========================== Gee, a political party that made promises and did not keep them.

FYI The low end pay no Federal Income Tax...in fact they get money
back.

How much did our Federal deficit go up under Obama...it doubled.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Good news thanks to the tax cuts

Message 12 of 45

FACT: Republicans repeatedly stated when they get in power, they favored a simple, FLAT tax. This bill has approximately 500 pages.

FACT: Republicans repeatedly stated they would close corporate tax loopholes, but they didn't

FACT: Republicans repeatedly stated they would NOT add to the deficit It will add between 1.5 and 2 Trillion dollars to the deficit. So much for caring about our financial future.

FACT: Republicans LIED by calling this a middle class tax bill. Per an independent analysis, about 83% of the benefits of the bill will go to either corporations or the rich.

FACT: Trump broke his campaign promise to get rid of the "Carried Interest" rule for Hedge Fund Managers.

FACT: High income people have a much larger child tax credit than those on the low end of the scale.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 45

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The hateful left doesn't care about workers getting bonuses or getting some of their own money back from the government. They just want government to take all money and redistribute it as they see fit.

No, we want government to pay their bills without borrowing money to pass out to corporations and rich individuals. I found it interesting that, after the individual breaks run out, the corporations will be getting 115% of the benefits of the tax cuts becasue the middle class will be paying for it. 

Most corporations pay more than their bills except for the ones that have moved out of the country due to onerous taxation (35%). The individual tax cuts will expire (unless renewed) and that WILL happen if Democrats are in control at expiration time!

Until then, enjoy your tax break if you are one of the 75-80% of Americans who will get some of their own money back to spend as YOU WISH.

Merry Christmas.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 45

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The hateful left doesn't care about workers getting bonuses or getting some of their own money back from the government. They just want government to take all money and redistribute it as they see fit.

No, we want government to pay their bills without borrowing money to pass out to corporations and rich individuals. I found it interesting that, after the individual breaks run out, the corporations will be getting 115% of the benefits of the tax cuts becasue the middle class will be paying for it. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 45

NOTHAPPENING: The hateful left doesn't care about workers getting bonuses or getting some of their own money back from the government.

The *hateful left* doesn't like people claiming credit for something they did not do. The end.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 45

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Panjandrum this is part of my link that you did not post.

AT&T Says to Pay Bonuses, Invest $1 Billion Once Tax Reform Signed

By REUTERSDEC. 20, 2017, 3:45 P.M. E.S.T.

NEW YORK — AT&T Inc said on Wednesday it will pay $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees and invest an additional $1 billion in the United States in 2018 once a tax reform bill approved by Congress is signed into law.

The Republican-controlled U.S. House of Representatives gave final approval to the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in 30 years on Wednesday, sending the sweeping bill to U.S. President Donald Trump for his signature.

Employees of the No. 2 U.S. wireless carrier who will receive the bonus are all "union-represented, non-management and front-line managers," AT&T said in a statement. The company has more than 250,000 employees in all. A person briefed on the matter said the bonuses will cost the company about $230 million.

Aerospace company Boeing Co also said on Wednesday it would invest $300 million in workforce training and facilities enhancements for employees as its CEO lauded the tax bill.

The two announcements gave at least some support to claims by Trump and fellow Republicans that their tax bill, which cuts the corporate tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent, would lead to more investment by U.S. companies.

=============================

Yes it was announced before the tax cuts passed. But the tax cuts were a sure thing.

Gee, it's sure hard for the left to see good news unless its from their party...said but true.

Gee, I am so glad that I am not part of the "hate group"....you know the ones that send all day calling Trump and Republican nasty names and giving each other KUDOS... that shows that they lack class!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 45

Panjandrum this is part of my link that you did not post.

AT&T Says to Pay Bonuses, Invest $1 Billion Once Tax Reform Signed

By REUTERSDEC. 20, 2017, 3:45 P.M. E.S.T.

NEW YORK — AT&T Inc said on Wednesday it will pay $1,000 bonuses to more than 200,000 employees and invest an additional $1 billion in the United States in 2018 once a tax reform bill approved by Congress is signed into law.

The Republican-controlled U.S. House of Representatives gave final approval to the biggest overhaul of the U.S. tax code in 30 years on Wednesday, sending the sweeping bill to U.S. President Donald Trump for his signature.

Employees of the No. 2 U.S. wireless carrier who will receive the bonus are all "union-represented, non-management and front-line managers," AT&T said in a statement. The company has more than 250,000 employees in all. A person briefed on the matter said the bonuses will cost the company about $230 million.

Aerospace company Boeing Co also said on Wednesday it would invest $300 million in workforce training and facilities enhancements for employees as its CEO lauded the tax bill.

The two announcements gave at least some support to claims by Trump and fellow Republicans that their tax bill, which cuts the corporate tax rate to 21 percent from 35 percent, would lead to more investment by U.S. companies.

=============================

Yes it was announced before the tax cuts passed. But the tax cuts were a sure thing.

Gee, it's sure hard for the left to see good news unless its from their party...said but true.

Gee, I am so glad that I am not part of the "hate group"....you know the ones that send all day calling Trump and Republican nasty names and giving each other KUDOS... that shows that they lack class!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 45

@Panjandrum—Did you see that disgusting licking of the boots? trump was swooning as praise for the rape of the American people were heaped upon him like so much manure on the dung pile—clearly rehearsed, staged, and TRANSPARENTLY DISINGENUOUSOUS. Smacked of fearful Generals lauding praise on a vicious and deranged dictator.  

BTW, we have seen this kissing of the butt, licking of the boots before.

ANYONE REMEMBER??

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 45

KidBoy2: 

Republican senators and Trump praised the announcements.

“Within hours of passing #taxreform, we're already seeing announcements that companies plan to give back to their employees and invest more at home," said Senator Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia on Twitter. "Good news for workers and the economy!"

This was announced before the tax cuts passed. Oops. Lol

https://www.att.com/gen/general?pid=22150

And there is this.

Hundreds of metro AT&T employees laid off just before Christmas

http://fox4kc.com/2017/12/20/hundreds-of-metro-att-employees-laid-off-just-before-christmas/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 45

@GailL1—And what happens when the state’s emergency funding is gone? I am aware that there is a bill on the table. I have heard any number of Reps. speak about the importance of this program.

But, trump and the Reps. in power are systematically dismantling the ability of the poor and middle class to have health insurance, and in fact, took another step toward that by removing the individual mandate,  thereby ensuring a rise in premiums—especially amongst seniors who use their insurance the most.  

We all noted that he then went before a national audience and said the ACA was gone.  A bare faced lie, but one I’m sure many believed.  

I SAW the taking away of health benefits and the further raping of the poor and middle class  being celebrated yesterday.   I’ve heard the lies spew from the mouth of the idiot in chief and those who lick his boots.  

And I am supposed to believe these same men will refund the CHIP Program?

If the history of how these Republicans deal with those who are not exceedingly wealthy, I have little faith that they will do the right thing.  

And even though I realize the formulating of a bill is one huge give and take, it seems to me putting IN money for CHIP funding should have been just as easy as taking the individual mandate OUT.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors