Views

Re: Good On You - Kamala Harris!

Message 21 of 48

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:
@rk9152 wrote:
@pc6063 wrote:

Kid--No, he said,"No one dies because they don't have access to good health care." That is exactly what he said, and he is DEAD wrong and amazingly, incredibly STUPID. 

Since that is not what he said, I guess the "piece of garbage" comment should be retracted and possibly the target of "STUPID" might be reexamined. 

You can argue - Context - if you wish.......................but you cannot argue the words that came out of the guys mouth............................

Below are two soundbites from two different sources where anyone with a moderate clincial level of hearing can hear exactly what the - and I'll be kind here - the uninformed Congressman said - further more - Labrador himself took to Facebook to try and walk-back what he said

During ten hours of town halls, one of my answers about health care wasn’t very elegant. I was responding to a false notion that the Republican health care plan will cause people to die in the streets, which I completely reject.

In a lengthy exchange with a constituent, I explained to her that Obamacare has failed the vast majority of Americans. In the five-second clip that the media is focusing on, I was trying to explain that all hospitals are required by law to treat patients in need of emergency care regardless of their ability to pay and that the Republican plan does not change that.

“Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care”

Source - http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/05/08/nbc-cbs-censor-context-make-gop-rep-look...

Source - http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/08/gop-rep-raul-labrador-nobody-dies-dont-access-health-care/

The Congressman is partly correct becuase there are laws like The Hill-burton Act and The EMTALA Act that require Emergency Rooms to treat everyone regardless of ability to pay and they cannot refuse to treat people who cannot pay.................but passing laws and then not adequately funding them makes the laws virtually useless and meaningless - responsible people and all other Patients do not simply get - Excused From Getting A ER Bill for tens of thousands of dollars simply because the law says they must be treated and there is no law that says that either the Hosptial where the Patient went to the ER has to Admit them or that a Nursing Home or a Rehab Hospital has to accept them once they are treated and stabilized in the ER....................

Thousands of people every year do not seek medical treatment because of the cost and they die - remember getting care at a ER does not mean you Do Not Get A Bill and it does not mean your credit can;t be ruined or they can't take your house

Then there are others who when they do seek Medical Treatment in the ER like Drug Abusers of Heroin they die afterwards because they have no access to follow-up care and medication

Further more there is no law that says a ER - Pharmacy or Any Other Medical Facility has to give patients FREE DRUGS or Medical Equipment - if I go to the ER and get Treated for COPD or some other Respiratory Deficiency and it's determined I am going to need Oxygen for the rest of my life or I'm going to need a CPAP Machine etc. - I am going to die if I do not have medical insurance to pay for it unless I am a Trump,and can pay out of pocket

Now before someone brings up Medicaid - this new GOP Healthcare Plan is Cutting almost a Trillion Dollars out of Medicaid

I was not arguing context, I was arguing lack of accuracy since the false quote was then used to lead to some offensive remarks of the "blind hatred" genre.

Well then, you need to educate me at least on what the - False Quote - was?

Are you saying Labrador never said...................................

‘Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care’

????

"No one dies because they don't have access to good health care."

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:
@rk9152 wrote:
@pc6063 wrote:

Kid--No, he said,"No one dies because they don't have access to good health care." That is exactly what he said, and he is DEAD wrong and amazingly, incredibly STUPID. 

Since that is not what he said, I guess the "piece of garbage" comment should be retracted and possibly the target of "STUPID" might be reexamined. 

You can argue - Context - if you wish.......................but you cannot argue the words that came out of the guys mouth............................

Below are two soundbites from two different sources where anyone with a moderate clincial level of hearing can hear exactly what the - and I'll be kind here - the uninformed Congressman said - further more - Labrador himself took to Facebook to try and walk-back what he said

During ten hours of town halls, one of my answers about health care wasn’t very elegant. I was responding to a false notion that the Republican health care plan will cause people to die in the streets, which I completely reject.

In a lengthy exchange with a constituent, I explained to her that Obamacare has failed the vast majority of Americans. In the five-second clip that the media is focusing on, I was trying to explain that all hospitals are required by law to treat patients in need of emergency care regardless of their ability to pay and that the Republican plan does not change that.

Source - http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/05/08/nbc-cbs-censor-context-make-gop-rep-look...

Source - http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/08/gop-rep-raul-labrador-nobody-dies-dont-access-health-care/

The Congressman is partly correct becuase there are laws like The Hill-burton Act and The EMTALA Act that require Emergency Rooms to treat everyone regardless of ability to pay and they cannot refuse to treat people who cannot pay.................but passing laws and then not adequately funding them makes the laws virtually useless and meaningless - responsible people and all other Patients do not simply get - Excused From Getting A ER Bill for tens of thousands of dollars simply because the law says they must be treated and there is no law that says that either the Hosptial where the Patient went to the ER has to Admit them or that a Nursing Home or a Rehab Hospital has to accept them once they are treated and stabilized in the ER....................

Thousands of people every year do not seek medical treatment because of the cost and they die - remember getting care at a ER does not mean you Do Not Get A Bill and it does not mean your credit can;t be ruined or they can't take your house

Then there are others who when they do seek Medical Treatment in the ER like Drug Abusers of Heroin they die afterwards because they have no access to follow-up care and medication

Further more there is no law that says a ER - Pharmacy or Any Other Medical Facility has to give patients FREE DRUGS or Medical Equipment - if I go to the ER and get Treated for COPD or some other Respiratory Deficiency and it's determined I am going to need Oxygen for the rest of my life or I'm going to need a CPAP Machine etc. - I am going to die if I do not have medical insurance to pay for it unless I am a Trump,and can pay out of pocket

Now before someone brings up Medicaid - this new GOP Healthcare Plan is Cutting almost a Trillion Dollars out of Medicaid

I was not arguing context, I was arguing lack of accuracy since the false quote was then used to lead to some offensive remarks of the "blind hatred" genre.

Well then, you need to educate me at least on what the - False Quote - was?

Are you saying Labrador never said...................................

‘Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care’

????

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 48

@pc6063 wrote:

RK- that is exactly what he said. I not only heard it, I looked it up, rechecked it, and then posted it. I have nothing to retract. 

Possibly the overpowering need to attack and post stuff like "piece of garbage" obstructed your ability to read/hear clearly and understand.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 48

@mickstuder wrote:
@rk9152 wrote:
@pc6063 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 48

The congressman failed to accurately and truthfully walk back his originally misleading statement.

That means mickstuder and pc6303 were in fact correct - and the inaccurate/erroneous attack on their posts was not correct...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 48

RK- that is exactly what he said. I not only heard it, I looked it up, rechecked it, and then posted it. I have nothing to retract. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 48
@rk9152 wrote:
@pc6063 wrote:

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 48

@pc6063 wrote:

Well Mick,

I posted the exact quote,

you gave links to the direct quote.

I will lay you odds, that they still will deny or otherwise twist what this fool Labrador said. 

Well, mick you can count on a bit of push back when a poster, sputtering in her hatred, changes the quote of Representative Labrador.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 48

@afisher wrote:

1.    Uh-oh Mick , the purity police will be here soon.    They apparently don't know that their complaint is false, as swearing is positively linked to honesty.    

2.     Republicans are attempting to whitewash their Internet pages and removing all their promises about Healthcare.    That is similar to Donald pages being whitewashed of all his anti-Muslim pages.   

The RW snowflakes are busy getting ready to grasp their pearls.  

Rather than doing a cut&paste of an offensive political poster, you might want to consider the true teachings of Jesus. He said, "Feed the hungry". He did not say, "Demand that your elected leaders feed the hungry using someone else's money".

He spoke of individual responsibility.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 48

Good on you Kamala Harris!

So - since well over  half of what trump has said has been examined and found to be untrue... does it follow that the same should be considered true of well over half of trumpette's and his other supporter's statements?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors