Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Good On You - Kamala Harris!

Message 11 of 48

Again, there is at least One Democrat is Congress who has read their Job Decription and understands who they are working for....................

GOOD ON YOU AGAIN - KAMALA HARRIS 

(CNN)Senate intelligence committee Chairman Richard Burr shut down a line of questioning from California Sen. Kamala Harris at Wednesday's high-profile hearing, admonishing her and other Democrats to stop cutting off witnesses.

Hey Senator Burr.........................Do Your Job 

This a US Senate Intelligence Committe Hearing - not a Russian Speaking Engagement 

1. Witnesses & Senators who are both under a Time Constraint should not be Filibustering or giving speeches..........................

2. Witnesses should be forced to answer questions or they should be Held in Contempt and thrown in jail

If any Civilian American Citizen was sworn to testify in say a Grand Jury hearing where like in a Senate Intelligence Committee Hearing - The Object is to flush out the TRUTH - refusing to answer questions from the Grand Jury Members or the Prosecutor - obfuscating by giving long meaningless speeches - would not be tolerated - a single warning would be issues and if the stonewalling continued - fines and jail time would be the result

These members of Trumps Administration being questioned by the Senate Intelligence Committee Members should be receiving - No Special Favors or Treatment...................

None of us in a similar proceeding would be allowed to refuse to answer or to stonewall 

The move rankled some on Twitter who argued the North Carolina Republican was singling out Harris, one of three women on the intelligence panel, during Wednesday's contentious hearing.

Harris was pressing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein over whether he would sign a letter to give Special Counsel Robert Mueller full independence from the Justice Department in his probe, which would have the same effect as a letter issued for then-Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald in the investigation into the 2003 leaking of then-covert CIA officer Valerie Plame's identity.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

I was not arguing context, I was arguing lack of accuracy since the false quote was then used to lead to some offensive remarks of the "blind hatred" genre.

Another example of, and admitting such, "arguing" about the fringes and not discussing the topic/content.  I'm not sure that's the point of this forum.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 48

@KidBoy2

The Elected Member of the House Said - “Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care,” said Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho), who voted for the American Health Care Act, aka

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What he said was that no one dies when they go to the Hospital because they do not have health health insurance.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

"They Lie about Everything" What a statement and it is not true...why did you post that?

Maybe because of those who post lies and other "Fake News"  The above is "Fake News", or a lie, one Conservative just posted.

What "HE" said was, “That line is so indefensible,” said Rep. Raúl R. Labrador, a member of the influential House Freedom Caucus. “Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care.”  Hey, you can watch the video and verify what others posted for yourself, right here:

‘Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care,’ GOP lawmaker says. He got booed.

Again, the obvious dearth of information by those who embrace Conservative media. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 48

We can all misread or misunderstand. Sadly, some selectively listen and selectively believe. And some add insults to fellow posters and unnecessary phrasings like, "this fool". 

Well Mick,

I posted the exact quote,

you gave links to the direct quote.

I will lay you odds, that they still will deny or otherwise twist what this fool Labrador said. 

I would suggest that there are differing political ideologies. Many people, although of different thinking are sincere - not "fools", "deniers", etc.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 48

Mick--I think different sources have played fast and loose with the quote. I heard him on CNN, but thought twice when some started questioning. At any rate, his statement was totally rudiculous. Thanks for the clip!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 48

@pc6063 wrote:

Well I just went back and checked labrador's quote (again) --seems like I left out the word "good."

still means same thing,  still a ridiculous thing to say. Leaving out one word, for which I apologize,  does not change the meaning of his ridiculous statement.

I have now "manned up."  Or, rather, gotten back on line after conducting life's business for a few hours.

Telling people that no one ever died from not getting adequate healthcare,   This is serious and very stupid statement.

Not sure where you checked his quote - but I've listened to his actual comments multiple times and I never heard the word - GOOD - I heard a prolonged tooooooooooooooooooo - but nothing I would confuse with good

Source - Washington Post - https://tinyurl.com/locqw2a

Labrador.png

Source - http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/gop-health-plan-doesn-t-address-biggest-health-care-proble...

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

mick - rather than upset 321 I am responding this way to your google search message (too long for her).

I am disappointed that pc didn't "man up" but that's the way it goes.

Go to ‎05-09-2017 02:49 PM on this topic.

No How About You Go To This Google Search Link - where I simply copied and pasted and then searched for the sentence you posted And You Will Find Two Search Results - Both your comments on this Thread and no others..............................

It really matters little - regardless of the words the meaning and intent is clear - Labrador Thinks People Do Not - Will Not and Never Have and Could Not Ever Die Because They Lack Quality Affordable Health Care.............................................which is what they will get if the GOP Healthcare Plan is ever singed into law

source - https://www.google.com/search?q=%22No+one+dies+because+they+don%27t+have+access+to+good+health+care....

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 48

Well I just went back and checked labrador's quote (again) --seems like I left out the word "good."

still means same thing,  still a ridiculous thing to say. Leaving out one word, for which I apologize,  does not change the meaning of his ridiculous statement.

I have now "manned up."  Or, rather, gotten back on line after conducting life's business for a few hours.

Telling people that no one ever died from not getting adequate healthcare,   This is serious and very stupid statement.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 48

mick - rather than upset 321 I am responding this way to your google search message (too long for her).

I am disappointed that pc didn't "man up" but that's the way it goes.

Go to ‎05-09-2017 02:49 PM on this topic.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 48

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:
@rk9152 wrote:
@pc6063 wrote:

Kid--No, he said,"No one dies because they don't have access to good health care." That is exactly what he said, and he is DEAD wrong and amazingly, incredibly STUPID. 

Since that is not what he said, I guess the "piece of garbage" comment should be retracted and possibly the target of "STUPID" might be reexamined. 

You can argue - Context - if you wish.......................but you cannot argue the words that came out of the guys mouth............................

Below are two soundbites from two different sources where anyone with a moderate clincial level of hearing can hear exactly what the - and I'll be kind here - the uninformed Congressman said - further more - Labrador himself took to Facebook to try and walk-back what he said

During ten hours of town halls, one of my answers about health care wasn’t very elegant. I was responding to a false notion that the Republican health care plan will cause people to die in the streets, which I completely reject.

In a lengthy exchange with a constituent, I explained to her that Obamacare has failed the vast majority of Americans. In the five-second clip that the media is focusing on, I was trying to explain that all hospitals are required by law to treat patients in need of emergency care regardless of their ability to pay and that the Republican plan does not change that.

“Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care”

Source - http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2017/05/08/nbc-cbs-censor-context-make-gop-rep-look...

“Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care”

Source - http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/08/gop-rep-raul-labrador-nobody-dies-dont-access-health-care/

The Congressman is partly correct becuase there are laws like The Hill-burton Act and The EMTALA Act that require Emergency Rooms to treat everyone regardless of ability to pay and they cannot refuse to treat people who cannot pay.................but passing laws and then not adequately funding them makes the laws virtually useless and meaningless - responsible people and all other Patients do not simply get - Excused From Getting A ER Bill for tens of thousands of dollars simply because the law says they must be treated and there is no law that says that either the Hosptial where the Patient went to the ER has to Admit them or that a Nursing Home or a Rehab Hospital has to accept them once they are treated and stabilized in the ER....................

Thousands of people every year do not seek medical treatment because of the cost and they die - remember getting care at a ER does not mean you Do Not Get A Bill and it does not mean your credit can;t be ruined or they can't take your house

Then there are others who when they do seek Medical Treatment in the ER like Drug Abusers of Heroin they die afterwards because they have no access to follow-up care and medication

Further more there is no law that says a ER - Pharmacy or Any Other Medical Facility has to give patients FREE DRUGS or Medical Equipment - if I go to the ER and get Treated for COPD or some other Respiratory Deficiency and it's determined I am going to need Oxygen for the rest of my life or I'm going to need a CPAP Machine etc. - I am going to die if I do not have medical insurance to pay for it unless I am a Trump,and can pay out of pocket

Now before someone brings up Medicaid - this new GOP Healthcare Plan is Cutting almost a Trillion Dollars out of Medicaid

I was not arguing context, I was arguing lack of accuracy since the false quote was then used to lead to some offensive remarks of the "blind hatred" genre.

Well then, you need to educate me at least on what the - False Quote - was?

Are you saying Labrador never said...................................

‘Nobody dies because they don’t have access to health care’

????

"No one dies because they don't have access to good health care."

That's Funny - I copied your quoted statement and pasted it into Google - you know what the search results were - Two - both were your Quote on this forum

I copied what the rest of us claim Labrador actually said and according to his own voice in the two videos I posted and I got 10 Million search results

" )
" - Anonymous

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507