Honored Social Butterfly

Good News in the Battle for our Democracy - Bernie Drops Out!

Bernie Sanders dropped out of the 2020 presidential race, setting up a national election between Comrade Trump and Joe Biden.

We have an election where the lines of Good versus Evil are clearly drawn. Let's hope Americans cherish the values which make our country great and they choose Joe Biden.

Honored Social Butterfly

Gordy said, "It will determine if I should vote Dem or look at ALL the candidates and choose one that closely matches my views."

Sorry, but I'm an independent critical thinker."

I'm sorry Gordy, please stop with the excuses, because this has nothing to do with independent thinking. We are in the middle of a national crisis, where Donald Trump and his cult members are slowly destroying our democratic values and institutions. But you didn't get your way, so you might not vote again, just like 2016. Unbelievable!

I don't like Bernie. I think he's an ego-maniac and his policies would divide America and result in  higher taxes for everyone. But unlike Gordy, who only cares about what he wants, if it was Bernie versus Trump, I would be standing on line when the polls open to vote for Bernie.

Honored Social Butterfly

I think it is critical (pardon the pun) that Biden picks a progressive as his running mate.  That will induce the most Bernie supporters to cast their votes for Biden in November.

If this makes no sense to anyone else I am sorry. I will be especially sorry if Biden doesn't do this and trump wins the election this fall.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Gordy did not answer my question. Let me make it crystal clear.

Gordy, are you going to vote for Joe Biden no matter who his VP choice is? Or, if you don't like his VP choice, are you considering the option of not voting, thereby increasing the chances for Trump to get another 4 years?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Gordy did not answer my question. Let me make it crystal clear.

Gordy, are you going to vote for Joe Biden no matter who his VP choice is? Or, if you don't like his VP choice, are you considering the option of not voting, thereby increasing the chances for Trump to get another 4 years?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm taking into account Biden might serve one term - or less. So, the VP is important.

It will determine if I should vote Dem or look at ALL the candidates and choose one that closely matches my views.

Sorry, but I'm an independent critical thinker.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Incredibly, Gordy said "As for me, I'll wait to see his VP choice."

Is her serious? If Gordy doesn't like Biden's choice for VP, he would rather give Comrade Trump another 4 years to destroy our democracy. Gordy, please tell me I misunderstood your comment.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I'm taking into account Biden might serve one term - or less. So, the VP is important. It will determine if I should vote Dem or look at ALL the candidates and choose one that closely matches my views.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

People I know personally who either liked Bernie or his policies, or who chose Bernie as their first choice have told me they're voting for Biden. 

One of them posted this on Facebook...

biden vote 16th choice.jpg

In the land of Twitter, it seems to be quite the opposite. They say they're not going to vote for Biden. That could change by any number of unexpected events. 

As for me, I'll wait to see his VP choice. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

William, those were great points you made.

Always remember, logic is not part of Trump World. They dedicate their lives to supporting the nastiest, most hateful man to ever hold the presidency in our lives, yet they are incapable of seeing that major flaw in their positions as they hurl minor insults at Joe Biden.

Here's another example of flawed logic in Trump World when they claim Biden is a weak opponent. Why do you think Trump risked losing his presidency via impeachment because of Joe Biden? The answer is obvious to intelligent people. Trump knows Biden is a very powerful candidate who appeals to decent, honest, hard working Americans. They are sick and tired of seeing a nasty President who's a pathological liar.

Bronze Conversationalist

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Always remember, logic is not part of Trump World. They dedicate their lives to supporting the nastiest, most hateful man to ever hold the presidency in our lives, yet they are incapable of seeing that major flaw in their positions as they hurl minor insults at Joe Biden.

Here's another example of flawed logic in Trump World when they claim Biden is a weak opponent. Why do you think Trump risked losing his presidency via impeachment because of Joe Biden? The answer is obvious to intelligent people. Trump knows Biden is a very powerful candidate who appeals to decent, honest, hard working Americans. They are sick and tired of seeing a nasty President who's a pathological liar.

It is like a battle between good and evil. Do you believe Trump is evil? Follow up question: Those that vote for Trump, are they evil? Should they be allowed to stay in the United States if Trump loses?

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It is like a battle between good and evil. Do you believe Trump is evil? Follow up question: Those that vote for Trump, are they evil? Should they be allowed to stay in the United States if Trump loses?

Anybody who puts children in cages is evil. 

Bronze Conversationalist

@Richva wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Anybody who puts children in cages is evil. 

I 100% agree. Did you know Obama/Biden kicked out more undocumented workers than any other president in the history of the United States? Obama/Biden didn't care about undocumented workers. He is evil according to your definition.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Quinnipiac poll, released today, still shows Biden polling higher than incumbent.

I know.  I know.  They're all "fake" unless favorable to IMPOTUS and he puts his Sharpie mark of approval on it.  Heard it before, and don't care.

Sidenote: Fauci, state governors, Cuomo still lead in favorable response to handling of pandemic, with IMPOTUS and Congress bringing up the bottom (under 50% approval).

Honored Social Butterfly

On one side we have those Americans who dedicate their lives to supporting:

• a Pathological Liar
  • a man who was accused of sexual assault by 24 different women
  • a man who surrounded himself with an array of convicted felons
  • a man who shows no respect for others while insulting them 7 days a week
  • a man who hires his family members to work in key White House jobs
  • a man who sends love letters to brutal North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un
  • a man who's the first president in over 40 years who refuses to release his tax returns
  • a man who can never admit he's wrong
  • a man who is turning the Justice Department into his personal political attack dog

Versus a very decent man who honorably served as the Vice President for 8 years.

Honored Social Butterfly

well said CeeTee as per usual!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Bernie Sanders dropped out of the 2020 presidential race, setting up a national election between Comrade Trump and Joe Biden.

We have an election where the lines of Good versus Evil are clearly drawn. Let's hope Americans cherish the values which make our country great and they choose Joe Biden.

You're backing the wrong horse... Again.  Or in this case dinosaur...  Trump will get 4 more years.

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

You're backing the wrong horse... Again.  Or in this case dinosaur...  Trump will get 4 more years.

....... and many more in jail when he is voted out of office and convicted of all of the indictments that he will be charged with!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I feel like a kid again where, "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" will become our national way of life. Wow! How different will that be than the last 3 /12 years?

Bronze Conversationalist

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I feel like a kid again where, "Truth, Justice, and the American Way" will become our national way of life. Wow! How different will that be than the last 3 /12 years?

Ya, the good ole days where discrimination was much more open and accepted.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The national election will be like a Hollywood movie where it's Good versus Evil. How many Americans will continue to support the rampant evil currently in the White House and how many Americans will vote for the Good Guy and the American Way?

Let's restore the values we cherish, that make America the greatest country in the world. 

Honored Social Butterfly

agreed! Time for the US to be a LEADER AGAIN!!! My motto for 2020 is Make America Lead Again!
"MALA".

@Tom5678 wrote:
agreed! Time for the US to be a LEADER AGAIN!!! My motto for 2020 is Make America Lead Again!
"MALA".

Unfortunately, it truly will be time to make America the greatest again.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking 

Thanks for the great lists, as you always do provide...truth and reality do matter!

What's interesting, is how trump supporters are grasping at air to come up with good reasons as to why they proclaim no one can be as good of a candidate as the false prophet trump. 
Well, let's just start with being normal and being honest as traits which trump does not possess! I think that a majority of Americans, may just want a return to being normal and being honest.

Bronze Conversationalist

@CriticalThinking wrote:

The national election will be like a Hollywood movie where it's Good versus Evil. How many Americans will continue to support the rampant evil currently in the White House and how many Americans will vote for the Good Guy and the American Way?

Let's restore the values we cherish, that make America the greatest country in the world. 

So Biden is a "good guy" Am I supposed to forget all his racist/sexists comments?

I'll wait for your completely random attack against Trump instead of addressing your flawed candidate, thank you.

0 Kudos

So Biden is a "good guy" Am I supposed to forget all his racist/sexists comments?

I'll wait for your completely random attack against Trump instead of addressing your flawed candidate, thank you.

Seriously?  You went there?!

Wait no longer.  Here's my "completely random attack" against YOUR flawed candidate.  Am I suppose to forget these?

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

You seem to ignore all of Trump's racist/sexist remarks as well as all his lies and unwarranted attacks so it should be very easy for you to forget all of Biden's shortcomings.

Honored Social Butterfly

• Do you agree that a Joe Biden presidency will restore honesty, integrity, and character to the office of the presidency?
  • Do you agree, that unlike Comrade Trump, Joe Biden will restore respect for the "Rule of Law"?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will make the Justice Department what it was before Trump, an independent entity where investigations are not politically motivated?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will not describe the free press as "An Enemy of the People".
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will not send "Love Letters" to brutal North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will restore the faith of our NATO allies in American Democracy, fairness, justice, and our commitment to support our allies?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will listen to U.S. Intelligence Agencies instead of Vladimir?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will not surround himself with convicted felons in his administration?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will emphasize improving health care and health insurance for Americans?

If you agree with all of the above, maybe that's more important than having an exciting candidate who will radically change America? Maybe restoring our democracy, honor, and commitments to unbiased justice, will be more than enough?

Bronze Conversationalist

@CriticalThinking wrote:
  • Do you agree that a Joe Biden presidency will restore honesty, integrity, and character to the office of the presidency?
  • Do you agree, that unlike Comrade Trump, Joe Biden will restore respect for the "Rule of Law"?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will make the Justice Department what it was before Trump, an independent entity where investigations are not politically motivated?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will not describe the free press as "An Enemy of the People".
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will not send "Love Letters" to brutal North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will restore the faith of our NATO allies in American Democracy, fairness, justice, and our commitment to support our allies?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will listen to U.S. Intelligence Agencies instead of Vladimir?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will not surround himself with convicted felons in his administration?
  • Do you agree that Joe Biden will emphasize improving health care and health insurance for Americans?

If you agree with all of the above, maybe that's more important than having an exciting candidate who will radically change America? Maybe restoring our democracy, honor, and commitments to unbiased justice, will be more than enough?

ubiased justice? Biden opposed school busing. He claims he went to jail with Nelson Mandela.

The only defense of Biden can only be made by tearing in to Trump. Again, I will be waiting for Bidne supporters to explain to me how he is such a great candidate.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

he is a great candidate because he is not Trump! It's that simple.
Bronze Conversationalist

@Tom5678 wrote:
he is a great candidate because he is not Trump! It's that simple.

So the qualifications for a great democratic is anyone other than Trump?

So would you support rod Blagojevich, if he were the democratic candidate?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png