AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
261
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

261 Views
Message 1 of 31

Cattle farming in the rain forrest of Brazil

 

Post image

 

Think about that as you enjoy your hamburger.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
261
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
332
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

332 Views
Message 2 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

Regressives just won't get it - under-regulated Capitalism is why they haven't gotten a real raise since 1970 and why their kids cannot afford to go to college or leave home after they graduate. They think the World revolves around Billionaires and half our population aren't real Americans because they're not paid enough to pay Federal Income Tax.


More nonsense from the left!



The American form of Capitalism is designed to make the top 1% wealthier and do away with economic mobility for the middle class.  If you disagree, tell me why this is exactly what is happening.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
332
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
364
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

364 Views
Message 3 of 31

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

Perhaps check your sources before beating people over the head with your 

“facts”. You will find that major dams are either financed by, run by, or owned by the Federal Government. Hoover, Grand Coulee, TVA dam systems for starters. When these were built, no private corporation, utilities, or groups had the total capacity to finance and construct these projects, and needed help from the Government...only makes sense. Some are hybrid corporate / government projects, but the Government is still involved


Do YOU write a check to the PRIVATE utility company for your electricity?  Most Americans do and those private companies will change what they want to make money!

 

Liberals just don't get it.  They think the world revolves around them and the government.


Yep, but the PRIVATE utility must get their rates approved by a GOVERNMENT agency.

 

That "government agency" is called the local public utility commission.  They will not approve any spending for the "new green deal" or any other nonsense proposed by the left to waste ratepayers money.

 

Regressives just won't get it - under-regulated Capitalism is why they haven't gotten a real raise since 1970 and why their kids cannot afford to go to college or leave home after they graduate. They think the World revolves around Billionaires and half our population aren't real Americans because they're not paid enough to pay Federal Income Tax.


More nonsense from the left!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
364
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
377
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

377 Views
Message 4 of 31

Back to the topic.

Yes, there's more "green", but it's in areas that had been WHITE, and the benefits from the new vegitation soaking up CO2 are dwarfed by the net gain in heating of the Planet AND the release of enormous quantities of Methane from the permafrost that HAD been insulated by a blanket of snow but are now thawing and releasing the methane.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
377
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
378
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

378 Views
Message 5 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

Perhaps check your sources before beating people over the head with your 

“facts”. You will find that major dams are either financed by, run by, or owned by the Federal Government. Hoover, Grand Coulee, TVA dam systems for starters. When these were built, no private corporation, utilities, or groups had the total capacity to finance and construct these projects, and needed help from the Government...only makes sense. Some are hybrid corporate / government projects, but the Government is still involved


Do YOU write a check to the PRIVATE utility company for your electricity?  Most Americans do and those private companies will change what they want to make money!

 

Liberals just don't get it.  They think the world revolves around them and the government.


Yep, but the PRIVATE utility must get their rates approved by a GOVERNMENT agency. Regressives just won't get it - under-regulated Capitalism is why they haven't gotten a real raise since 1970 and why their kids cannot afford to go to college or leave home after they graduate. They think the World revolves around Billionaires and half our population aren't real Americans because they're not paid enough to pay Federal Income Tax.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
378
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
391
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

391 Views
Message 6 of 31

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

Perhaps check your sources before beating people over the head with your 

“facts”. You will find that major dams are either financed by, run by, or owned by the Federal Government. Hoover, Grand Coulee, TVA dam systems for starters. When these were built, no private corporation, utilities, or groups had the total capacity to finance and construct these projects, and needed help from the Government...only makes sense. Some are hybrid corporate / government projects, but the Government is still involved


Do YOU write a check to the PRIVATE utility company for your electricity?  Most Americans do and those private companies will change what they want to make money!

 

Liberals just don't get it.  They think the world revolves around them and the government.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
391
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
410
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

410 Views
Message 7 of 31

The Government funds ALL Public Utilities, tho many have been sold off to private firms so Republicans could collect "finders fees" from the new operators and not raise taxes for several years, instead relying on the proceeds from the sale to underfund infrastructure and cause the failure of said infrastructure - be it schools or roads - to justify another round of privatization AND another round of those "finders fees" the privitizers pay to the politicians and anaother round of declining service for We the People.

 

Want to see how privatization of roads works, take a trip across Indiana on I-80. The REpublicans sold it years ago, the tolls collected made the buyers richer, but they got so oppressive, truckers and lots of 4-wheelers discovered alternative routes, and the decline in users pushed the enterprise to the brink of bankruptcy.

 

Toll roads built with tax dollars are becoming a common feature in Red States, and the citizens have taken over financing the maintenance and repair so the GOPers don't have to raise taxes.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
410
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
423
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

423 Views
Message 8 of 31

Those two different viewpoint articles definitely will keep all the focus on debating if the issue is happening at a rate which it is currently in (Extreme/Dire).

 

If debating what, how and cost continues, perhaps they will discover it's past participating in science that will begin to transform the planets dire path. Who knows it could get like the Kansas song goes, "to the point of no return" and they will begin figuring out how to dome the regions with reflective recycled plastic that we all invested in?

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
423
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
433
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

433 Views
Message 9 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING 

Perhaps check your sources before beating people over the head with your 

“facts”. You will find that major dams are either financed by, run by, or owned by the Federal Government. Hoover, Grand Coulee, TVA dam systems for starters. When these were built, no private corporation, utilities, or groups had the total capacity to finance and construct these projects, and needed help from the Government...only makes sense. Some are hybrid corporate / government projects, but the Government is still involved

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
433
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
451
Views

Re: Good News: The Earth Is Getting Greener per NASA

451 Views
Message 10 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 

Government does NOT fund public utilities.  I assume you don't know this by your beating around the bush.

 

Much as Trump is trying to make us a state supported Socialist country, we are not yet. 

 

Trump is trying to keep this a free country while the left (all the candidates) have onerous laws that they are trying to foist on the public without concern for the people.

 

I would also point out that modernizing the electrical grid across the United States could cost as much as $476 billion,

 

You don't seem to get it - the government does NOT own the utility companies.  Only in places where socialism has taken place is that seen (like Venezuela).

 

yet reap $2 trillion in benefits, according to a 2011 study issued by the Electric Power Research Institute.

 

Private companies always strive to make a profit. That's what the stockholders expect.  Only when government runs something is money lost, there is shoddy performance, and usually the taxes go UP!

 

Once again, the Regressives are refusing to maintain our infrastructure because they only see the costs, not the return on investment. 

 

We (you and I) don't own the utility companies (if you own stock in them, you do and write their CEO to get some results).

 

Progressive regressives seem to misunderstand who owns these utilities, wants them to change because THEY SAY SO, and even are free with the money (that all must pay).


 


I have no idea what your point would be.  I assure you, the balance in my checkbook does not care if I paid the government or my local utility company for the cost of improved infrastructure.  The point is that the infrastructure has to be changed, there will be a cost, and the residents of the United States will have to pay it.  The good news is that it looks like there will be a positive return on investment in the form of cost savings.  Even if there was not a positive return, we MUST rebuild our aging energy infrastructure. It gets more expensive every year we delay. 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
451
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors