Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

Message 71 of 130

@williamb39198 wrote:

What seems to also be here, fear from trump supporters. Young people are onto the lies and party over Country attitude that trump and his associates are feeding the Country especially over climate change. Young people understand what increasing coal consumption, taking away emission standards, and clean water standards are going to do to the World that they are inheriting...and they are not happy!

Nor should they be. 

Let them speak out, let them protest, let them educate adults...even if trump doesn’t like it! What is he afraid of?

Trump is "afraid" of all intelligent well informed people .... "afraid" of those he is unable to con!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 130

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The left always has a plan that involves more taxes but doesn't know how much taxes or even if the plan will work and challenges the right (side) to provide their numbers to mitigate a possibly unsolvable problem.

So, the answer is that you don't have any studies on AOC's outline and the regressives don't have a plan of their own to offer?

I didn't "study" AOC's outline since she has zero qualifications in this field or for that matter, any field. Yes, the Progressive regressives do buy in to AOC's plan since she embraces more taxes, no fossil fuels, trains for transportation, rebuilding all homes, and changing your diet to all vegan.  The right has no plans for relocating the sun either!

Another straw man argument NOTHAPPENING!

Plans that don't make sense don't have too much hope of getting implemented.

Republican non-existent plans have ZERO HOPE of getting implemented!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 130

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:
If you don't like OAC's Green New Deal proposal, why don't you support the proposal the regressives have put together?

AOC is a leftist windbag.  Why would anyone support her "new Green Deal" which just transfers money to others and accomplishes nothing positive?  The right doesn't pretend they have a plan to FIX the climate because they don't know how to control the climate which the left is only privy to!

"The right" doesn't have a plan for climate change because they continue to deny the obvious reason why our climate is changing.  They prefer unsubstantiated ludicrous opinion over scientific facts!

The right is smart enough to know that the climate has always changed while the left still thinks they have control of the climate and the "fix" is to mandate wealth redistribution, elimination of fossil fuels, travel by train, require every home be rebuilt, and change your diet to vegan.

It's Nothappening myexper!!!!!

Indeed ..... Your false accusations are "not happening" because they were 'made up' with absolutely no substantiation!!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 130

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

The leftists will have to wear paper helmets when riding their electric motorbike since they don't know that fossil fuels are required to produce all those plastic helmets and those straws. Standing for something stupid doesn't sell the left's case.

So, you are saying there is no hope and we might as well just drown our grandchildren?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 130

the only group that does not believe in climate change??? You got it, it's older Trumpists!!!!

Older Trumpists, the only group that does not believe in climate change.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 130

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

I learned from your video clip what hypocrites are!

You  mean hypocrites are people who compare motorcycle helmets to plastic strawas and then misrepresent the other party's position?  Yep 

Isn't it sad that these people must resort to these tactics as they have no legitimate arguments?

The leftists will have to wear paper helmets when riding their electric motorbike since they don't know that fossil fuels are required to produce all those plastic helmets and those straws. Standing for something stupid doesn't sell the left's case.

No but when the far right does then it sells the lefts case.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 130

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

You  mean hypocrites are people who compare motorcycle helmets to plastic strawas and then misrepresent the other party's position?  Yep 

Isn't it sad that these people must resort to these tactics as they have no legitimate arguments?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 130

What seems to also be here, fear from trump supporters. Young people are onto the lies and party over Country attitude that trump and his associates are feeding the Country especially over climate change. Young people understand what increasing coal consumption, taking away emission standards, and clean water standards are going to do to the World that they are inheriting...and they are not happy!

Nor should they be. 

Let them speak out, let them protest, let them educate adults...even if trump doesn’t like it! What is he afraid of?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 130

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

The reporter was from the Daily Caller. Her sole purpose for being there was to ask 'gotcha' questions. Why? To embarrass the demonstrators? To make climate deniers feel good?

But did anyone listen to some of the more thoughtful answers? Yes, I have to drive a car, but wouldn't it be great if I had an alternative? Yes, I'm wearing polyester, but maybe we need to change that. (At least, polyester is recycled plastic.) Yes, most items in the grocery store have plastic containers and plastic bags. Maybe we should try something different. Maybe too much stuff is made out of plastic, but what alternative do I have?

Indeed! Too much stuff is made out of plastic, and I try my level best to recycle all that I can, including all of that grocery packaging. Only now we find out, it's being rejected, and just piling up in warehouses or being taken to the dump.

There is new technology, however. Someone posted about it the other day, but I can't remember which topic. They are looking at ways to turn that plastic into energy production and use carbon recapture, if I remember it correctly. Anyone else remember reading that? 

The Guardian ran a series: United States of Plastic. It's an eye-opener if you haven't read it, no matter where you fall on the political spectrum.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/series/united-states-of-plastic

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 130

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors