Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

Message 111 of 130

KUDOS to the young people AND the schools AND the companies that supported them!  The images and videos emerging from the worldwide strike are impressive, many beyond words.  Soldiers armed with guns walked with the protesters for protection in Afghanistan!

When did our generation stop caring?  We used to care about the earth and the environment.  Did we stop giving a crap when it became apparent that we dodged the bullet and most of us probably won't suffer the extreme dire consequences?  Many of us still DO care, but alas, we will be known as the generation who dropped the ball. 

Statements like berating schools for teaching and encouraging students to think about their future and allowing them to take an active part and speak their opinion are just plain ignorant and do nothing to help dispel that unfortunate legacy of the babyboomers.  How dare the schools be so irresponsible not to teach students they're allowed to think about their future, but not on a school day; only on the weekend and their own time!    Au contraire, I'd say they were doing their job, preparing the young people for the future and urging them to take an active role and participate in something they truly believe in and that is a GOOD thing.  The climate strike was a valuable learning lesson, not just for the students, but for the REST of the world.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 130

Image result for old curmudgeon cartoon

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Richva posted....

I do know that. The "left" are the folks who are listening to the scientists and educating the ignorant about climate change, it's causes, and how it will impact them. Yes, knowledge is scary but sometimes you have to accept it.

================================================================

FYI My post was not about climate change. It was about school children getting out of school to protest and about the scares being used by politicians.

Again...

We have the radicals instilling in the minds of people that the sky is falling and the world will end in 20,30,40 years (pick your year) if we do not do away with fossil fuels .

How many years would you pick?

The two are related just like Trump and corruption. The radicals are the people who will not accept facts then try and deflect to another part of the subject like the world ending in 20 or 40 years. We have a problem and the young people are working to fix it, while Trump is working to make it happen. That is the difference between good and bad. Kids good. Trump bad.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 130

Richva posted....

I do know that. The "left" are the folks who are listening to the scientists and educating the ignorant about climate change, it's causes, and how it will impact them. Yes, knowledge is scary but sometimes you have to accept it.

================================================================

FYI My post was not about climate change. It was about school children getting out of school to protest and about the scares being used by politicians.

Again...

We have the radicals instilling in the minds of people that the sky is falling and the world will end in 20,30,40 years (pick your year) if we do not do away with fossil fuels .

How many years would you pick?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

I have heard several comments about how the kids got a free pass from school to attend these rallies. Makes sense to me. Kids should be able to see history being made whenever possible.

=========================================================

They should have had the Global Climate Strike on Saturday. Why not?

I think the students learn about climate change in school.....if not they should.

And its the left ththat are scaring the ignorant but I think you know that.

I do know that. The "left" are the folks who are listening to the scientists and educating the ignorant about climate change, it's causes, and how it will impact them.  Yes, knowledge is scary but sometimes you have to accept it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 130

@gruffstuff wrote:

What's next ??????   I hope it is that close minded old folks start listening to them.

The theatre is on fire, young people are trapped in the theatre shouting fire, and close minded old folks ( Republicans ) are blocking the exits saying why aren't these kids in school. 

What's this younger generation coming to, they want to save the planet with science and politics.

They should be in school learning how to make babies and mine coal. 

Great sarcasm Gruffstuff !  And yes, it seems that most of the 'close minded old folks' are Republicans and/or trump supporters.  They need to get the partisan cotton out of their ears and listen to America's youth.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 130

What's next ??????   I hope it is that close minded old folks start listening to them.

The theatre is on fire, young people are trapped in the theatre shouting fire, and close minded old folks ( Republicans ) are blocking the exits saying why aren't these kids in school. 

What's this younger generation coming to, they want to save the planet with science and politics.

They should be in school learning how to make babies and mine coal. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 130

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

I have heard several comments about how the kids got a free pass from school to attend these rallies. Makes sense to me. Kids should be able to see history being made whenever possible.

I think the students learn about climate change in school.....if not they should.

And its the left that are scaring the ignorant but I think you know that.

The only "radical" I see posting to this thread is whing about not "striking" on a Saturday.  Most folks KNOW striking on a day off provides little to no benefit.  Do you complain that the auto-workers didn't strike on Labor Day?  How about this upcoming Veterans Day?

Ever consider your dishonest and no-value leader (trump)? What a "radical".  Maybe you should consider supporting Republican values (American values) vs. supporting the worst leader in US history.  Just saying.....

Good point Cent.  I certainly can't understand how anyone truly supporting "Republican Values" or "American Values" could possibly support a man like trump.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

The only "radical" I see posting to this thread is whing about not "striking" on a Saturday.  Most folks KNOW striking on a day off provides little to no benefit.  Do you complain that the auto-workers didn't strike on Labor Day?  How about this upcoming Veterans Day?

Ever consider your dishonest and no-value leader (trump)? What a "radical".  Maybe you should consider supporting Republican values (American values) vs. supporting the worst leader in US history.  Just saying.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

Actually, it is the Deniers leading the ignorant and you should know that. At least America's children do.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors