Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
325
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

325 Views
Message 21 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
@KidBoy2wrote:


FYI My post was not about climate change. It was about school children getting out of school to protest and about the scares being used by politicians.


Again...

We have the radicals instilling in the minds of people that the sky is falling and the world will end in 20,30,40 years (pick your year) if we do not do away with fossil fuels .

How many years would you pick?


===============================================================





MsStretch posted..

Who cares? Most of us won't be around, right? Not our problem, right?



And a student should be just another brick in the wall, right?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your post like most from the left do not want to understand what I posted.

Yes, I care and have said WHY many times...but thanks for asking.





If you truly cared about those kids KidBoy2, you would not have disparaged them!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
325
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
6
Kudos
326
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

326 Views
Message 22 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:


Richva..

Are you suggesting that if I do some research to prove your point, I will then accept your point? Does that seem like a lazy debate tactic to anyone else?

=================================================================

No, I did some research...its a good thing ...try it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Criticism of Thunberg and her campaign
In an opinion column, Christopher Caldwell has claimed that Thunberg's simplistic, straightforward approach to climate change will bring climate protesters into conflict with the complexities of decision-making in Western democracies.[84][85] The French philosopher Raphaël Enthoven claims that many people "buy virtue" with their support for Thunberg but don't actually do anything to help.[86]

In July 2019, Agence France-Presse reported that OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) secretary-general Mohammed Barkindo "complained of what he called 'unscientific' attacks on the oil industry by climate change campaigners, calling them 'perhaps the greatest threat to our industry going forward'", and said he was apparently referring "to the recent wave of school strikes inspired by Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg's 'Fridays for Future' movement".[87] Thunberg and other climate activists responded by calling his remarks a badge of honour.[88][89]

In the United States, opinion writer Tiana Lowe, of the Washington Examiner, stated that Thunberg's "fame-seeking", "stage-parents", particularly her "fading opera starlet mother" who performed internationally, were "pimp(ing) her out" without regard for Thunberg's alleged mental problems, which included Lowe's long list of disabilities, by which Greta and her sister were claimed to be handicapped. By so doing, Lowe wrote, they were subjecting her to "child abuse."[90]

Thunberg has also been criticised by the Australian climate-change denier Andrew Bolt[91] after Thunberg announced she would travel to the United States in a carbon-zero yacht. Bolt said she had a cult following, calling her "freakishly influential"[92] for a "girl so young and with so many mental disorders".[93]

Following Thunberg's filing of a lawsuit against France, Germany and other countries for not being on track to meet the emission reduction targets they committed to in their Paris Agreement pledges, French president Emmanuel Macron criticized her, saying that "such radical positions (as held by Thunberg) antagonize our societies". He added that "she should focus on those that are blocking, those that are the furthest", and that "he doesn't feel like either the French or the German governments are trying to block". French secretary of state for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition Brune Poirson also criticized her, saying that "she doesn't know what solutions she is putting forward", adding that "you can't mobilize with despair, even hate".[94]



And yet, none of these OPINION pieces said that her message was incorrect.  Just exceptionally effective.  So, shall we assume that you believe she is properly presenting the facts but you are simply concerned with her welfare?

 

Oh, I see Trump mocked her and Fox News called her mentally ill. Will you be writing them stern letters about taking advantage of this poor child? You being concerned only with her welfare and all. 

Report Inappropriate Content
6
Kudos
326
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
333
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

333 Views
Message 23 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The French philosopher Raphaël Enthoven claims that many people "buy virtue" with their support for Thunberg but don't actually do anything to help.

More than 4 million persons protesting across the globe supported the Climate Strike.  Are you going to degrade and demean each one them?  They are not going to change their minds and suddenly reject science.  They will, along with many more millions, continue to "do anything to help".
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
333
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
320
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

320 Views
Message 24 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..

I have heard several comments about how the kids got a free pass from school to attend these rallies. Makes sense to me. Kids should be able to see history being made whenever possible.

=========================================================

They should have had the Global Climate Strike on Saturday. Why not?
Not the same impact KidBoy2. Seems you fear the impact these children will have on science denying Republicans!

I think the students learn about climate change in school.....if not they should.
Yup ..... hence they did their protest on a school day!!!

We have the radicals instilling in the minds of people that the sky is falling and the world will end in 20,30,40 years (pick your year) if we do not do away with fossil fuels .
The "sky won't fall" .... it's CO2 polluted air will overheat the earth, melt glaciers, raise ocean levels and drown the planet if nothing is done to curtail and eventually eliminate fossil fuels.

And its the left that are scaring the ignorant but I think you know that.

Actually KidBoy2 ..... "the left", and now children, are all attempting to educate "the ignorant"!

And "I think you know that" and fear the fact that children know more than Republican science deniers!!!

 

gop-sceince-what.jpg
 

 
 
DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
320
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
332
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

332 Views
Message 25 of 130


Richva..

Are you suggesting that if I do some research to prove your point, I will then accept your point? Does that seem like a lazy debate tactic to anyone else?

=================================================================

No, I did some research...its a good thing ...try it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greta_Thunberg

Criticism of Thunberg and her campaign
In an opinion column, Christopher Caldwell has claimed that Thunberg's simplistic, straightforward approach to climate change will bring climate protesters into conflict with the complexities of decision-making in Western democracies.[84][85] The French philosopher Raphaël Enthoven claims that many people "buy virtue" with their support for Thunberg but don't actually do anything to help.[86]

In July 2019, Agence France-Presse reported that OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) secretary-general Mohammed Barkindo "complained of what he called 'unscientific' attacks on the oil industry by climate change campaigners, calling them 'perhaps the greatest threat to our industry going forward'", and said he was apparently referring "to the recent wave of school strikes inspired by Swedish teenager Greta Thunberg's 'Fridays for Future' movement".[87] Thunberg and other climate activists responded by calling his remarks a badge of honour.[88][89]

In the United States, opinion writer Tiana Lowe, of the Washington Examiner, stated that Thunberg's "fame-seeking", "stage-parents", particularly her "fading opera starlet mother" who performed internationally, were "pimp(ing) her out" without regard for Thunberg's alleged mental problems, which included Lowe's long list of disabilities, by which Greta and her sister were claimed to be handicapped. By so doing, Lowe wrote, they were subjecting her to "child abuse."[90]

Thunberg has also been criticised by the Australian climate-change denier Andrew Bolt[91] after Thunberg announced she would travel to the United States in a carbon-zero yacht. Bolt said she had a cult following, calling her "freakishly influential"[92] for a "girl so young and with so many mental disorders".[93]

Following Thunberg's filing of a lawsuit against France, Germany and other countries for not being on track to meet the emission reduction targets they committed to in their Paris Agreement pledges, French president Emmanuel Macron criticized her, saying that "such radical positions (as held by Thunberg) antagonize our societies". He added that "she should focus on those that are blocking, those that are the furthest", and that "he doesn't feel like either the French or the German governments are trying to block". French secretary of state for the Ecological and Inclusive Transition Brune Poirson also criticized her, saying that "she doesn't know what solutions she is putting forward", adding that "you can't mobilize with despair, even hate".[94]


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
332
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
334
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

334 Views
Message 26 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I suggest you read up on her education, her parents and her physical problems if you care, which after reading your posts for years I doubt that you care. I post and you and you know who are always there to say "you are wrong" or other remarks. Very telling but I expect it and take it for what it's worth.

Well, when you are WRONG; you're wrong!  Just like trump.....


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
334
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
346
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

346 Views
Message 27 of 130

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..


I am not sure why you think it is only my "opinion" that no one coached or brainwashed her. There is no evidence that anyone has done such and without evidence, there is no reason to even consider your accusation. Just because you can make up a theory does give it any status at all.

=================================================

I suggest you read up on her education, her parents and her physical problems if you care, which after reading your posts for years I doubt that you care. I post and you and you know who are always there to say "you are wrong" or other remarks. Very telling but I expect it and take it for what it's worth.

Happy posting!


Are you suggesting that if I do some research to prove your point, I will then accept your point?  Does that seem like a lazy debate tactic to anyone else? 


Seems like a 'cop out' for the inability to back up a baseless made up assertion.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
346
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
302
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

302 Views
Message 28 of 130

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Richva posted..


I am not sure why you think it is only my "opinion" that no one coached or brainwashed her. There is no evidence that anyone has done such and without evidence, there is no reason to even consider your accusation. Just because you can make up a theory does give it any status at all.

=================================================

I suggest you read up on her education, her parents and her physical problems if you care, which after reading your posts for years I doubt that you care. I post and you and you know who are always there to say "you are wrong" or other remarks. Very telling but I expect it and take it for what it's worth.

Happy posting!


Are you suggesting that if I do some research to prove your point, I will then accept your point?  Does that seem like a lazy debate tactic to anyone else? 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
302
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
300
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

300 Views
Message 29 of 130
Richva posted..


I am not sure why you think it is only my "opinion" that no one coached or brainwashed her. There is no evidence that anyone has done such and without evidence, there is no reason to even consider your accusation. Just because you can make up a theory does give it any status at all.

=================================================

I suggest you read up on her education, her parents and her physical problems if you care, which after reading your posts for years I doubt that you care. I post and you and you know who are always there to say "you are wrong" or other remarks. Very telling but I expect it and take it for what it's worth.

Happy posting!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
300
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
292
Views

Re: Global Climate Strike

292 Views
Message 30 of 130

70638694_3063342617092105_218041037052968960_n.png

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
292
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors