Honored Social Butterfly

Giuliani - Trump Won't Throw Me Under The Bus, I Have Insurance !

Giuliani attacks foes, claims again to have 'insurance' to keep Trump loyal
"I've seen things written like he's going to throw me under the bus," Giuliani said. "When they say that, I say he isn't, but I have insurance."

Nov. 23, 2019, 3:32 PM CST / Updated Nov. 23, 2019, 4:19 PM CST
By Phil McCausland

President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani gave a wide-ranging interview on Saturday in which the former New York City mayor attacked numerous figures involved in the impeachment hearings and claimed for the second time to have "insurance" when questioned whether the president would remain loyal to him.

"I've seen things written like he's going to throw me under the bus," Giuliani said in an interview with Fox News' Ed Henry about the characterizations and comments made in the media about him and his relationship with the president. "When they say that, I say he isn't, but I have insurance."

"This is ridiculous," he added. "We are very good friends. He knows what I did was in order to defend him, not to dig up dirt on Biden."

Hours later, Giuliani claimed on Twitter that the insurance policy he was referring to consisted of "files in my safe" that allegedly show ways former Vice President Joe Biden's family had been "monetizing" his decades in office. These files would apparently become public if Giuliani were to "disappear," he said in the tweet.

Rudy Giuliani

@RudyGiuliani

TRUTH ALERT:

The statement I’ve made several times of having an insurance policy, if thrown under bus, is sarcastic & relates to the files in my safe about the Biden Family’s 4 decade monetizing of his office.

If I disappear, it will appear immediately along with my RICO chart.

23.1K people are talking about this

This pivot comes after Giuliani has twice mentioned an unnamed form of "insurance" when asked whether Trump would remain loyal to him. It also follows the conclusion of two weeks of impeachment hearings in which the former mayor's name has been invoked multiple times by State Department officials who are testifying before a Democrat-led inquiry into whether President Trump improperly withheld military aid to Ukraine.

Multiple senior diplomats said during the public hearings that Giuliani spread debunked conspiracies that Ukraine interfered in the 2016 election and attempted to pressure the Ukrainian government to announce investigations into Burisma — the Ukrainian gas company that Hunter Biden joined as a board member in 2014.

Democrats in the House of Representatives have engaged in an impeachment inquiry to uncover whether Trump was attempting to force an investigation into Burisma as a means to harm his political opponent, former Vice President Joe Biden.

Biden appeared in a recent interview with CNN to discuss some of these issues, and Giuliani described Biden's performance as a "poor impersonation of the Godfather."

"You'd have to be a fool to not know your son was under investigation," Giuliani said, later claiming that Biden was "lying."

Meanwhile, two of Giuliani's associates — Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman — were charged with funneling money from foreign entities to U.S. candidates to buy influence. Giulani has previously said that they were involved with him in an effort to encourage Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.

When asked whether he feared that his associates' criminal charges would extend to him, Giuliani became fiery.

"You think I'm afraid?" Giuliani said. "You think I get afraid? I did the right thing. I represented my client in a very, very effective way. I was so effective that I discovered a pattern of corruption that the Washington press has been covering up for three or four years."

The interview at times became contentious, particularly when Giuliani claimed he was being used as a scapegoat by the media and various political figures.

"**bleep** it, the mafia couldn't kill me, your colleagues are not going to kill me!" Giuliani told Henry, referring to his time as the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York in which he worked to indict members of New York City's organized crime families.

Giuliani didn't stop there, however, also taking aim at former National Security Adviser John Bolton.

During the testimony of Fiona Hill, President Trump's former top adviser on Russia and Europe, Hill said Giuliani had created a shadow Ukraine policy team, engaged in a smear campaign against former Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch and spread false information on television.

All acts, she said, that ultimately led former National Security Adviser John Bolton to describe Giuliani as a "hand grenade."

Giuliani was also quick to push back on that characterization and fire back at Bolton.

"For John to say I'm a hand grenade, then he's an atomic bomb," Giuliani said.

New documents from the State Department obtained by an ethics group show, however, that Giuliani reached out personally to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to further his smear campaign against Ambassador Yovanovitch who was removed from office in April.

The former New York City mayor maintained during the interview though that everything he did related to Ukraine was done in the defense of Trump, and that Bolton wouldn't understand because he was not involved in Giuliani's role as a defense lawyer.

"I didn't go tell the White House what I was doing as a defense lawyer," Giuliani said. "I did it privately. What I did there had nothing to do with his foreign policy, good or bad. I didn't get involved in foreign policy. I was involved in gathering very, very significant evidence to exculpate my client."

Trump defended Giuliani on Friday, calling him "a great crime fighter" during an interview with "Fox and Friends" and lauding him as "the best mayor" and "a very legendary figure in our country."

The pair apparently remain very close, according to Giuliani.

"You can assume I talked to him early and often and have a very, very good relationship with him," he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/giuliani-attacks-foes-claims-again-have-i...

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

No one in the Obama administration ever had to worry that Obama would throw them under the bus. Of course, with the scandal free Obama administration, that was unlikely to occur anyway. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

No one in the Obama administration ever had to worry that Obama would throw them under the bus. Of course, with the scandal free Obama administration, that was unlikely to occur anyway. 

So right, @Richva!  And "that's" because, Obama had/has integrity; a word Trump can't even spell.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

So right, @Richva!  And "that's" because, Obama had/has integrity; a word Trump can't even spell.

I yearn for the day when tRump has to testify under oath !

Social Butterfly

Hope you have that insurance handy, Rudy. Could it be film of Trump handing Putin another country on a silver platter? Or maybe Big Orange in a lusty embrace with Little Rocket Man. There's a lot of insurance to go around.

Social Butterfly

The wheels of the bus go round and round.....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump contradicts testimony -- and himself -- by claiming he never directed Giuliani on Ukraine 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

I heard his "explanation" about this on the news this morning and i burst out laughing!! You can't lie that fast about anything, except for one person, RUMP.
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Better start pulling out that insurance, Rudy.  It is looking bleak as your boy seeks to disavow any knowledge of you and your Ukrainian actions (even though he quite "perfectly" encouraged Ze to seek your counsel in that "perfect" phone call).

From Esquire:  Trump Has Begun the Process of Selling Out Rudy Giuliani

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump has now publicly stated that Rudy was in Ukraine on his own, not instructed by him. He in effect has thrown Rudy under the bus. Will Rudy retaliate? Once Rudy is facing jail time from charges that will eventually come, he very well may.  More are being called to testify.

Tic toc closer to tRump, tic toc closer to tRump, tic toc closer to tRump ...................

Honored Social Butterfly

Bye Bye Rudy, pretty soon Trump will be claiming he barely knows you.

Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-26/trump-denies-sending-rudy-giuliani-to-ukraine-for...

Honored Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

Bye Bye Rudy, pretty soon Trump will be claiming he barely knows you.

Trump Denies Sending Rudy Giuliani to Ukraine for Biden Probe

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-26/trump-denies-sending-rudy-giuliani-to-ukraine-for...

Yep, I saw this today. It reminds me of tRump so many times saying "I barely knew this person", or 'I didn't know him". tRump is simply a liar, the most consistent liar I have ever known of.

Honored Social Butterfly

Keep in mind you are in mob world so do not go by what you read or what seem to be facts. Today we all got a clue on Rudy from Trump. Look at what Trump said about Rudy when he was asked about Rudy and Ukraine. Trump said you will have to ask Rudy he has other clients I am only one. Now go back and look at what Trump said about Michael Cohen not long before Cohen was on his way out, and headed to jail. Just about the same thing on a subject. Just think all will be current on the Mob, how it speaks, how it works by the time Trump leaves. That will be Trumps gift to you. One exception to that his enablers will understand none of it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So what would happen if tRump did throw Giuliani under the bus?

Honored Social Butterfly

If Giuliani thinks that having dirt on Biden will keep Trump from throwing him under the bus he must be stupider than Trump. If Trump even suspected that Giuliani had dirt on Biden that would be released if something happened to him Trump would already be warming up the bus.

Honored Social Butterfly

I would say they are both about the same, LOL, but Rudy may have an edge.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Snoopy48:   If Giuliani thinks that having dirt on Biden will keep Trump from throwing him under the bus he must be stupider than Trump. 

I think he means he has dirt on Trump seeing they go back a long way together.

Social Butterfly

I think the  insurance  is dirt on Trump,  or his kids.....not Biden

Honored Social Butterfly

Everyone can and should have insurance...remember Obama care for everyone?
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Obamacare was working fairly well, until the GOP started to undermine it completely. Ooops.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Everyone can and should have insurance...remember Obama care for everyone?

So what do you think is Giuliani's insurance is against tRump throwing him under the bus?

Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2:  Everyone can and should have insurance...remember Obama care for everyone? 

I don't think you can buy the kind of insurance Guilliani is talking about from Blue Cross/Blue Shield etc. LOL

Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Giuliani - Trump Won't Throw Me Under The Bus, I Have Insurance!

Using his ol' trusty sharpie, Trump demonstrates how he will effectively "kick" Rudy under the bus!

Honored Social Butterfly

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Re: Giuliani - Trump Won't Throw Me Under The Bus, I Have Insurance!

Using his ol' trusty sharpie, Trump demonstrates how he will effectively "kick" Rudy under the bus!

Oh! The ol' trusty sharpie !!!!   Too Funny !!!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

As far as trump and rudy go, they will now revise an old expression to read:

"the enemy of my enemy is my enemy"!

This is what happens when you have two people that have no moral code whatsoever. 
We can wish, and perhaps they will sacrifice each other in trying to defend themselves!

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

This is what happens when you have two people that have no moral code whatsoever. 
We can wish, and perhaps they will sacrifice each other in trying to defend themselves!

@williamb39198, I will happily pass both Trump and Rudy a freshly sharpened sword each in order to assist them in completing their mutually victorious mission of self sacrifice.

Honored Social Butterfly

All should keep in mind that Rudy at one time was US Attorney for SD of NY and Mayor of NYC so he knows quite a bit about Trump and his dealings over the years, and Trump knows that to.

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

I'm afraid that if the Democrats don't get out the young voter they will lose next year's election to tRump.

Social Butterfly

Young voters may turn out to vote because of the Climate Change issue.   They know

Trump is unconcerned but their future will be impacted if nothing is done soon.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 wrote:

Young voters may turn out to vote because of the Climate Change issue.   They know

Trump is unconcerned but their future will be impacted if nothing is done soon.

Yes, I believe the climate change issue will galvanize younger voters the most.  From what I've heard from younger people, this is something they take very seriously and they **bleep** sure have no use for a flippant moron-in-chief who is determined to leave a legacy of dire consequences.  I tell them VOTE!  VOTE!  VOTE!

As far as Giuliani's 'insurance' to keep his obese buddy from throwing him under the bus, why would dirt on Biden do it?  Indeed, if he has dirt on Biden, why hasn't he released it to vindicate himself and his fat client?  Doesn't make sense.  Nope, insurance would be having dirt on the orange guy.

But the article did state that Rudy gave a "wide-ranging interview" and it sounds like he was all over the place.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png