Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Gillum in Media Spotlight - FBI Investigates

Message 1 of 3

Apparently the ethics commission got this complaint last October.  Why is it taking so long to investigate? 

I wasn't sure if I should vote for Gillum, but some people on a website convinced me to give him a try, so I voted for him.

Had I known this, I'm not sure I would have voted for him. All those lobbyists connections, gifts, vacations. It would have raised some red flags for me.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Re: Gillum in Media Spotlight - FBI Investigates

Message 2 of 3

Investigate the heck out of him.  I'm tired of corrupt people in government.   But I agree with him about not releasing records until after the Florida Commission on Ethics determines whether there is probable cause. 

However, apparently the ethics commission got this complaint last October.  Why is it taking so long to investigate?  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Gillum in Media Spotlight - FBI Investigates

Message 3 of 3

With Andrew Gillum in the media spotlight, FBI investigation gets national attention

Public relations consultant Ron Sachs warned that this is likely to be the ugliest governor’s race in state history and Tallahasseeans may not like what they see in print about their hometown.
“The largest lens ever will be held up to our community, whether it is fair or not,” Sachs said. “And it will be up to voters to decide what’s relevant.”
This is the Super Bowl of American Politics, Sachs said, and people can expect every offensive and defensive play in the book, including cheap shots, fouls, and penalties.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/08/31/andrew-gillum-media-spotlight-fbi-investigation-ge...

The FBI, which is typically mum on its investigations, has not publicly confirmed whether Gillum is being investigated as part of its public corruption probe.

Federal court records inadvertently released earlier this year indicated that City Commissioner Scott Maddox and Downtown Improvement Authority Executive Director Paige-Carter Smith are targets of the FBI investigation.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/fbi/2018/08/10/gillum-pledges-release-receipts-trips/94...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors