Honored Social Butterfly

Get ready for lots of cheap real estate in Texas

Texas allowed its Shelter-in-Place order to expire and they are now posting record (1,000/DAY for 3 straight days ) Covid-19 cases. Deaths went over 30 per day  for 4 consecutive days. The liberal in me wants to point out that these cases are all from BEFORE  they lifted the order as it will probably take 3 weeks for the new cases from the mingling to start to show up.  Looking like there will be a lot of condos for sale in Texas in the next few months. Plus a really, really good chance the state will go solid blue as Darwin continues his demonstrations. 

https://apnews.com/b3ef23cd1a7781ee388f1345477d91d8?fbclid=IwAR3VGFg4bUF2i39vPAyX_bORltS_ezPQy_9jH88... 

Honored Social Butterfly

Oh Gramps - are you assuming that everyone knows that the TX tax laws are not considered every year because the legislature is not in session of is this preying on people who don't know TX legislative schedule.    For Shame.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher 

Who is talking about laws or the legislature?  I retired here because of the people.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Who is talking about laws or the legislature?  I retired here because of the people.  

We live 40 miles north of El Paso. The people in Texas are wonderful and I LOVE going to coffee and arguing with them.  I can't wait to resume. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva said: 

.  Looking like there will be a lot of condos for sale in Texas in the next few months. Plus a really, really good chance the state will go solid blue as Darwin continues his demonstrations. 

I wouldn't count on your theory too much.  Loads of California residents want to flee California and go to Texas or Florida where they have more freedom, less illegals, and lower taxes!

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING : 

I wouldn't count on your theory too much.  Loads of California residents want to flee California and go to Texas or Florida where they have more freedom, less illegals, and lower taxes!

Well, my theory was that lots of Texans are going to die (leaving real estate available) because of the early opening of the economy.  It appears your theory is that lots of Californians, who waited until the pandemic had flattened out, will be alive to take advantage of the opportunities 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Loads of Californians want to go to Texas.?
haha.jpg

That land of the"you all"?  really?  Californians have been accustomed to ups and downs of the Real Estate. and know how to deal with it. but if they move at all, they don't go to Texas.  there is Oregon and the State of Washington. that is where you will see a lot of Californians. 

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

% Roxanna

Hate to burst your bubble, but many Californians prefer the lower taxes here in Texas.  Not everyone dislikes living here; especially someone who has never lived here like some critics.  Couldn't wait to settle down here after retiring from the military forty years ago.

Why is it that many California businesses consider moving here?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Roxanna:

Californians have been leaving the Golden State for decades in search of cheaper housing, lower taxes and a different way of life.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-01-22/californians-looking-to-leave-tour-their-desti...

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING  Californians have been leaving the Golden State for decades in search of cheaper housing, lower taxes and a different way of life.

Yes. Liberal California has truly been a victim of its own success. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva said: Yes. Liberal California has truly been a victim of its own success. 

A victim of California's failure!  All you have to do is look at one of their cities where homelessness, drugs, and crime made you long for somewhere else!

Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING    A victim of California's failure!  All you have to do is look at one of their cities where homelessness, drugs, and crime made you long for somewhere else!

Wait, you are saying California has high property values because of homelessness, drugs, and crime?  I thought people were leaving because of the high property values. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Californians have been leaving the Golden State for decades in search of cheaper housing, lower taxes and a different way of life.

I don't doubt that many want to see lower cost housing and the rest but Texas? and their way of life? I don't think so. 
California is not Texas. never has been their culture is too different than the culture in Texas. Californians have been moving to Oregon and the Pacific North West for years now. they do like what you are posting but not in Texas.

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Roxanna said: I don't doubt that many want to see lower cost housing and the rest but Texas? and their way of life? I don't think so. 
California is not Texas. never has been their culture is too different than the culture in Texas. Californians have been moving to Oregon and the Pacific North West for years now. they do like what you are posting but not in Texas.

Many bring their liberal ideas when they arrive in Texas but they are resented for the following reasons - they left seeking lower taxes, less congestion, more freedom, cheaper real-estate and they wind up bringing their  liberal ideas wanting to change Texas (or Florida) into California where they escaped from!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

On the other hand ..... the demand for vacant land could increase its value as more and more land will be required for burial plots ..... same for vacant land in all the states that chose to open too early!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Our County Appraisal District must think otherwise.  Several days ago we received our assessment for 2020 and both property values and taxes have increased over prior years.  No discounts because of COVID-19.  

P.S.  The reported numbers of fatalities are mostly for larger cities or areas adjoining.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png