Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
150
Views

George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

150 Views
Message 1 of 101

Trump's been on the political scene about 4 years. During that time frame, I've never seen any posts from his supporters where the person:

  • disagreed with Trump
  • criticized Trump
  • said Trump was wrong

Incredible! Four years and none of his supporters said one negative word about him. That is classic cult behavior. Another cult trait is completely reversing their long held positions on issues.

 

Remember when the Republican Party stood for:

  • smaller government
  • reducing the deficit
  • free trade / no tariffs
  • supporting our NATO allies
  • supporting law enforcement
  • supporting "the rule of law"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
150
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
152
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

152 Views
Message 2 of 101

@CriticalThinking wrote:

What members of Trump's Cult don't understand is this is NOT about name calling or bitterness. It's about SCIENTIFIC OBSERVATION of how Trump supporters conduct themselves. And we see that virtually everything they do fits into the classic definition of a CULT. 

 

Unfortunately, one of the classic behaviors is DENIAL. Do you think the members of Jim Jones' followers knew or would acknowledge they were part of a cult? Of course not. When their friends and families tried using LOGIC to illustrate their behavior was cult like, did they listen? Of course not. 

 

It's so true today with Trump supporters. In their world, Trump is never wrong, they never disagree with him, they never criticize him, and when Trump is criticized, they take it personally.

 

Finally, the NEVER hold Trump accountable. Anything that goes wrong, it's somebody else's fault.

 

This is not bitterness, nor is it name calling, it's scientific observation.


To say that there  in no such a thing as a Conservative Party on any meaningful scale in the USofA is not denial or blaming someone else. And it has nothing to do with Pesident Trump being right or wrong. It is a simple statement of fact with no connection to Jim Jones.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
152
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
175
Views

George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

175 Views
Message 3 of 101

What members of Trump's Cult don't understand is this is NOT about name calling or bitterness. It's about SCIENTIFIC OBSERVATION of how Trump supporters conduct themselves. And we see that virtually everything they do fits into the classic definition of a CULT. 

 

Unfortunately, one of the classic behaviors is DENIAL. Do you think the members of Jim Jones' followers knew or would acknowledge they were part of a cult? Of course not. When their friends and families tried using LOGIC to illustrate their behavior was cult like, did they listen? Of course not. 

 

It's so true today with Trump supporters. In their world, Trump is never wrong, they never disagree with him, they never criticize him, and when Trump is criticized, they take it personally.

 

Finally, the NEVER hold Trump accountable. Anything that goes wrong, it's somebody else's fault.

 

This is not bitterness, nor is it name calling, it's scientific observation.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
175
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
181
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

181 Views
Message 4 of 101

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I agree with Chasky who said the following, "The conservatives, including many or most of those who became trump supporters, always had embraced George Will as a fine conservative and Republican. As he has denounced and refused to support trump he has been shunned by trump supporters, just as happens in a cult.  Of course they resort to straw arguments, it's all they have, George Will's observations are spot-on."


Notice that no trump supporter here has been able to or even tried to debunk what George Will stated.


Too FUNNY, @ChasKy53 !

 

George Will is a man, no different from you or me. We all have our opinions and they are just that... Opinions.  He is no more an authority than anyone else...

 

You guys need to move on from all the bitterness and name calling and focus on the 2020 election where you get another bite at the apple.  

 

So far, looking at the field of twenty something candidates it appears they are just trying to outdo each other in trying to become "Captain Giveaway"!!

 

I will put my money on the more informed voter that certainly has to ability to see through that rhetoric.  It works on the low info crowd but they have not proven to be very reliable voters.

 

Enjoy your day, It's beautiful out, hot but nice.  Great for another dip in the pool...

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
181
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
209
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

209 Views
Message 5 of 101

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I agree with Chasky who said the following, "The conservatives, including many or most of those who became trump supporters, always had embraced George Will as a fine conservative and Republican. As he has denounced and refused to support trump he has been shunned by trump supporters, just as happens in a cult.  Of course they resort to straw arguments, it's all they have, George Will's observations are spot-on."


Notice that no trump supporter here has been able to or even tried to debunk what George Will stated.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
209
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
222
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

222 Views
Message 6 of 101

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Sure seems to parallel the “disagreement” factor with trump...disagreeing with him will get you fired!

And how many admin officials have been fired, or quit? And how many are “acting” only. And how many are acting in a criminal fashion, such as chou?

There appears to be neither honesty or stability in the trump administration!

 

George appears to an honest broker!

trump is incompetent and corrupt


Who has proposed firing George Will.

No one rk .... you are (again) asking a poster questions on an argument that was never made by that poster.

Well, there is, "Sure seems to parallel the “disagreement” factor with trump...disagreeing with him will get you fired!"

 

And then here is the idea of "Waltz me arround again, Willy" - here is no Conservative Party in th eUSofA

 

If no one, what are you talking about?

Well, I'd be talking about the straw man argument you just created.

 

Considering, "Sure seems to parallel the “disagreement” factor with trump...disagreeing with him will get you fired!" - so no straw.


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
222
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
234
Views

George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

234 Views
Message 7 of 101

I agree with Chasky who said the following, "The conservatives, including many or most of those who became trump supporters, always had embraces George Will as a fine conservative and Republican. As he has denounced and refused to support trump he has been shunned by trump supporters, just as happens in a cult.  Of course they resort to straw arguments, it's all they have, George Will's observations are spot-on."

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
234
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
282
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

282 Views
Message 8 of 101

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Sure seems to parallel the “disagreement” factor with trump...disagreeing with him will get you fired!

And how many admin officials have been fired, or quit? And how many are “acting” only. And how many are acting in a criminal fashion, such as chou?

There appears to be neither honesty or stability in the trump administration!

 

George appears to an honest broker!

trump is incompetent and corrupt


Who has proposed firing George Will.

No one rk .... you are (again) asking a poster questions on an argument that was never made by that poster.

 

If no one, what are you talking about?

Well, I'd be talking about the straw man argument you just created.


 


The conservatives, including many or most of those who became trump supporters, always had embraced George Will as a fine conservative and Republican. As he has denounced and refused to support trump he has been shunned by trump supporters, just as happens in a cult.  Of course they resort to straw arguments, it's all they have, George Will's observations are spot-on.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
282
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
294
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

294 Views
Message 9 of 101

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Sure seems to parallel the “disagreement” factor with trump...disagreeing with him will get you fired!

And how many admin officials have been fired, or quit? And how many are “acting” only. And how many are acting in a criminal fashion, such as chou?

There appears to be neither honesty or stability in the trump administration!

 

George appears to an honest broker!

trump is incompetent and corrupt


Who has proposed firing George Will.

No one rk .... you are (again) asking a poster questions on an argument that was never made by that poster.

 

If no one, what are you talking about?

Well, I'd be talking about the straw man argument you just created.


 

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
294
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
343
Views

Re: George Will: Conservative Party Has Become A Cult

343 Views
Message 10 of 101

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It's fascinating to read a denial from somebody who always believed in :

  • smaller government
  • FREE TRADE
  • NO TARIFFS
  • reducing the deficit
  • etc.

until Trump became his President


I undrstand(sic) that "denial" is an "in' word but can you be a bit more speific as to what "denial" you are referring to?


The denial that trump supporters have that the Republicans have become a cult.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
343
Views