Honored Social Butterfly

George Floyd protests spread nationwide

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/george-floyd-protest-updates-05-28-20/index.html

Protests have erupted in at least 30 US cities over the death of unarmed black man George Floyd at the hands of a police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The former officer, seen in a video with his knee on Floyd's neck, has been charged with murder and manslaughter.
A tense standoff between police and protesters at the CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia, ended after a window was smashed and a firework was thrown at officers inside the building.

========================================================

Read on.

Protests..no they have turned into mobs that are out to destroy ... destroy businesses, police, you name it.

200 business in MPLS destroyed.  

Today cars burning in cities.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

In the ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY of DONALD TRUMP, police officers murdering black men isn't the problem. For them, the problem is the people who protest against those unjust killings.

Honored Social Butterfly

Right you are AGAIN, CeeTee....Obviously some have NO ability to think intelligently, or critically for that matter.

Apparently no surprise to many that one posts a clearly racist meme which demonstrates their lack of ability to discern between a parade and a riot.  It's actually quite pathetic, and sad.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes, some of us DO see/know how some Republicans/Conservatives choose to protest....thanks for asking!!!

download (1).jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload (3).jpgdownload.jpg

Pathetic indeed!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

George Floyd protests spread nationwide

World wide,  how the police act in the US is a national disgrace.

Social Butterfly

Promising: "A sheriff put down his baton to listen to protesters. They chanted 'walk with us,' so he did" 

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

If you have been paying attention you would know they aren't "mobs", the one in Nashville TN was comprised of at least 1/2 whites and it was relatively peaceful.  This isn't exclusively black people protesting KidBoy2, many white people without tRump's blinders on can see the truth about police violence and the institutional racism in many police departments. Until police departments get rid of the bad cops there will be more and more protests and even riots when blacks are murdered by the police.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

...many white people without tRump's blinders on can see the truth about police violence and the institutional racism in many police departments. Until police departments get rid of the bad cops there will be more and more protests and even riots when blacks are murdered by the police.

Here's the thing...

whether "Black" or "White", violence is NEVER acceptable imho, whether by legal authorities or citizens!

Until a c-store employee is not robbed at gun point and a grandma is not knocked to the ground by someone who believes there are valuables in her purse, this is not racial; moral and ethical for now; it's human and sad if we can't get over the past and improve in the future... (again, sorry, imho)

#looters should and hopefully will be found and prosecuted; they are not concerned with the issue but taking advantage... and distorting the memory of those lost.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.35.32 AM.png

When are the Democrats going to denounce ANTIFA?

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

It is not surprise that Trump followers feel superior to    any other political group. being not able to see themselves as they are, is common in a cult type of society.

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png