Honored Social Butterfly

George Floyd Murder: Biden vs Trump

I watched Joe Biden's reaction yesterday and I was so proud of the man. He was compassionate, understanding, and reassuring. In other words, Biden spoke like a true national leader. He was real, he was hurt by what he saw, and he was exactly what is missing from the White House.

In sharp contrast, Trump and Fox, have been brutal, nasty, arrogant, and showed no compassion or understanding of why thousands of Americans and Europeans are protesting. They just don't get it. But what else would you expect from an ALL WHITE TRUMP REPUBLICAN PARTY?

From a political point of view, this is a disaster for Trump and Fox. Real Americans are disgusted by what they're seeing from the White House. Yesterday, a CBS poll came out which showed a staggering 73% of Americans disapprove of how Trump is reacting to this tragedy. 

This incident will motivate many Americans, and especially black Americans, to take down Donald Trump in November.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump and Fox only talk about the tiny percentage of protesters who are looting. The All White World of Trump never expresses any concern about the long list of police officers murdering black men, women, and children. Their one and only concern is property 

In sharp contrast to the above, Joe Biden gets it. He expresses sadness, empathy, and support for the victims and those protesting against injustice.

American voters, especially black voters, are carefully watching the huge difference in their reactions described above.

Honored Social Butterfly

Americans, especially black Americans, are going to compare the stark contrast between how Trump and Joe Biden have reacted to the murder of George Floyd. I think it's fairly safe to predict who most decent Americans will prefer.

Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking wrote:

I watched Joe Biden's reaction yesterday and I was so proud of the man. He was compassionate, understanding, and reassuring. In other words, Biden spoke like a true national leader. He was real, he was hurt by what he saw, and he was exactly what is missing from the White House.

In sharp contrast, Trump and Fox, have been brutal, nasty, arrogant, and showed no compassion or understanding of why thousands of Americans and Europeans are protesting. They just don't get it. But what else would you expect from an ALL WHITE TRUMP REPUBLICAN PARTY?

From a political point of view, this is a disaster for Trump and Fox. Real Americans are disgusted by what they're seeing from the White House. Yesterday, a CBS poll came out which showed a staggering 73% of Americans disapprove of how Trump is reacting to this tragedy. 

This incident will motivate many Americans, and especially black Americans, to take down Donald Trump in November.

@CriticalThinking Seriously?  My God and ya'll think "we" are gullible and misguided!  Talk about accomplishments, biden has been in office for how long...and what exactly has HE accomplished.   This thinking is just sad...

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Seriously?  My God and ya'll think "we" are gullible and misguided!  Talk about accomplishments, biden has been in office for how long...and what exactly has HE accomplished.   This thinking is just sad...

Asked and answered. Now show me Trump's accomplishments. After graduating from law school, Biden returned to Delaware to work as an attorney before quickly turning to politics, serving on the New Castle county council from 1970 to 1972. He was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1972 at the age of 29, becoming the fifth youngest senator in history. About a month later his wife and infant daughter were killed in a car accident, and his two sons were seriously injured. Although he contemplated suspending his political career, Biden was persuaded to join the Senate in 1973, and he went on to win reelection six times, becoming Delaware’s longest-serving senator. In 1977 he married Jill Jacobs, an educator, and they later had a daughter. In addition to his role as U.S. senator, Biden also was an adjunct professor (1991–2008) at the Wilmington, Delaware, branch of the Widener University School of Law. As a senator, Biden focused on foreign relations, criminal justice, and drug policy. He served on the Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee, twice as its chair (2001–03; 2007–09), and on the Committee on the Judiciary, serving as its chair from 1987 to 1995. He was particularly outspoken on issues related to the Kosovo conflict of the late ’90s, urging U.S. action against Serbian forces to protect Kosovars against an offensive by Serbian Pres. Slobodan Milošević. On the Iraq War (2003–11), Biden proposed a partition plan as a way to maintain a united, peaceful Iraq. Biden also was a member of the International Narcotics Control Caucus and was the lead senator in writing the law that established the office of “drug czar,” a position that oversees the national drug-control policyAfter Barack Obama amassed enough delegates to secure the Democratic presidential nomination, Biden emerged as a front-runner to be Obama’s vice presidential running mate. On August 23 Obama officially announced his selection of Biden as the Democratic Party’s vice presidential nominee, and on August 27 Obama and Biden secured the Democratic Party’s nomination. On November 4 the Obama-Biden ticket defeated John McCain and his running mate, Sarah Palin, and Biden also easily won reelection to his U.S. Senate seat. He resigned from the Senate post shortly before taking the oath of office as vice president on January 20, 2009. In November 2012 Obama and Biden were reelected for a second term, defeating the Republican ticket of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

Regular Social Butterfly

Seriously?  My God and ya'll think "we" are gullible and misguided!  Talk about accomplishments, biden has been in office for how long...and what exactly has HE accomplished.   This thinking is just sad.28-Funny-Man-Laughing-Gif.gif old ladies.gif..

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The George Floyd Murder will be a defining issue in the 2020 election. Americans, and especially black people, are going to watch the stark difference between Trump and Biden's reactions to this murder. Decent Americans are going to be repelled by the gross behavior of Trump and attracted to the warm, compassionate, and empathetic reaction of our next President, Joe Biden.

Honored Social Butterfly

If Biden or Hillery were President, there would be no lock-down because they would've expanded President Obama's excellent preparations for the Pandemic we KNEW was coming.Also, everyone would be wearing masks in public because no psychopathic moron would have made sensible conduct into a political hot button.

Those expanded measures would've shut down travel from China back in November when our Intel learned of the devastating impact of Covid19 because we would've had CDC personal on the ground in Wuhan instead of allowing over 40,000 non-Chinese travelers to enter the USA direct from China after 27 Jan 2020 and as many as 430,000 do the same between December '19 and March '20 as happened under Toad.

There would've been screening of all incoming passengers no later than January, and the well maintained and expanded supplies in the National Strategic Medical Reserve would've been distributed to areas where the disease first emerged - in particular NYC and Seattle.This instead of Toad's cutting CDC budgets by 85% and cancelling the upgrades and maintenance of the stockpile.

There would be no disaster of death in our nursing homes because President Obama's requirements for pandemic preparedness would've been maintained and strengthened instead of being eliminated under Toad.

There very probably would've been no killing of George Floyd in the first place because there would not have been 3 1/2 years of racist tough-guy BS flowing from the ToadPOTUS encouraging violence against people of color by ordinary Nazis and those in police uniforms as well.

Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist, that's what happens when you watch Fox 24/7. The Fox Propaganda Network is doing their best, Joseph Goebbels style, to convince their viewers that America is being attacked by thousands of violent, out of control demonstrators. Fox takes a few examples of protester violence and plays it over and over, making it seem like that's happening everywhere.

Of course you and I know that some of that violence was initiated by White Nationalists, pretending to be AntiFa.

In the real world, the overwhelming majority of demonstrators are peaceful, as they are trying to do their part in ending the never ending murders of black men, women, and children by the police. 

But the main point remains. In the All White Trump/Fox world, there is no concern about the endless murders of black people by the police. The only thing they care about and talk about are the protesters.

Honored Social Butterfly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yea, Tim Black thought Biden's speech was better than Trump's, but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IASs-14QYmA

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

NOTICE TO FOXBOTS:

1. There is no Antifa - its just another in a long list of imaginary boogeymen tRump and his enablers on Fox have invented to make their Fascist supporters seem like the victims.

2. The looters and arsonists are almost entirely organized criminals - taking advantage of the RW authorities moving all the police to watch peaceful protesters so the criminals can clean out entire stores and then torch them to destroy any evidence they might have left behind.

3. No Fascist Republicans have been killed by police, but around 1,000 civilians are killed by police every year, resulting in about 30 disciplinary actions and 2 to 3 criminal convictions of the ones doing the killing.

Honored Social Butterfly

Why does NH insist upon proving he doesn't get the George Floyd murder? This isn't about the protesters, it's about the never ending murders of black men, women, and children by the police. The protesters, and most of America, get it. 

But Fox, Trump, and his loyal followers are trying to make the issue a tiny percentage of violent protesters. 

Thankfully, the majority of Americans are decent people who are outraged by what's happening in our country. And the sharp contrast between Joe Biden and Trump on this issue, will be the number one deciding factor when voters go to the polls in November.

Real Americans are going to see a decent, caring, compassionate man in Joe Biden, versus a pathological liar, ego maniac, and a nasty bigot in Donald Trump. That's what will decide this election. Of course in Trump World, they have no standards of decency, compassion, or honesty for their Supreme Leader in the White House.

Honored Social Butterfly

Critical wrote: 

Why does NH insist upon proving he doesn't get the George Floyd murder? This isn't about the protesters, it's about the never ending murders of black men, women, and children by the police. The protesters, and most of America, get it. 

But Fox, Trump, and his loyal followers are trying to make the issue a tiny percentage of violent protesters. 

Thankfully, the majority of Americans are decent people who are outraged by what's happening in our country. And the sharp contrast between Joe Biden and Trump on this issue, will be the number one deciding factor when voters go to the polls in November.

Real Americans are going to see a decent, caring, compassionate man in Joe Biden, versus a pathological liar, ego maniac, and a nasty bigot in Donald Trump. That's what will decide this election. Of course in Trump World, they have no standards of decency, compassion, or honesty for their Supreme Leader in the White House.

I get it but you don't.  There are two things going on here.  One, the valid demonstration for Floyd's murder by the policeman and his three cohorts and second but most important is the looting/rioting by Antifa/left wing thugs to destroy our country.  They are mutually exclusive yet the left wants to pretend it's all for George Floyd!  How gullible is the left when the left is destroying Democrat cities, calling it PROTESTS, and those few jobs available for the left to work in will even be less jobs?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING 

Didn’t read the entire post, tired 

Re: Destruction by the left or those nasty dem’s like T said.

Watch another station other than Fox or Sinclair.

Google search the terms , boogaloo , klan, nationalists.

Discover the joy of White nationalists being busted buying gasoline to fill and create Molotov cocktails recently in Vegas to throw at peaceful protestors and create fire damaged buildings or people.

Believe they were Boogaloo’s today Arrested by FBI and Vegas PD. Surprise they were Republican supporters who wish to overthrow the government of the USA. 

Not ANTIFA, really you require a better rallying cry. I’ve witnessed R rallies and frankly was incapable of photos due to the thick diesel smoke, blowing in the wind, exhausts straight piped through pickup beds. Had to cut down on mileage a little. I never saw such a blackened, soot damaged American flag until that  parade for T by pfy’s and daddies gifts for graduation.

pfy’s = Pimply faced youths

Unless you wish to count American flags sent from GW’s war , where my nephew was deployed or was it GHW’s war, there all starting to overlap at this point in my life.

Getting back to Geo. Floyd, surprise care to guess the skin color of my nephew?

Or h is wife, his children? It ain’t white. Regardless of how many degrees he holds, or rank he holds to some he will always be a n word, vs a human.

To some people on one day he will have been the rescuer, who rushed into a burning building to save his wife and kids, and the following Day will be just a foxtrot N.

Considering it’s been what 60 years since Geo Wallace said, when the looting starts, the shooting starts for T to make the same Foxtrot comment now, is not something a President should say to unite a nation.

I’m going back to the woods, I’m tired of this amount of BS still happening in my country. 

#Black Lives Matter

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Honored Social Butterfly

NOTHAPPENING posted....

"I get it but you don't."  DownrightMealyAdouri-max-1mb.gif

"There are two things going on here.  One, the valid demonstration for Floyd's murder by the policeman and his three cohorts and second but most important is the looting/rioting by Antifa/left wing thugs to destroy our country.  It's odd one claims to know the intent of an extremist group.  Did you get that information from the fake Antifa Twitter account used by a White Nationalist?

They are mutually exclusive yet the left wants to pretend it's all for George Floyd! (sic) More Fox narrative...there's much confusion on the part of Trump Supporters of the difference between a protester and a rioter.  One even posted this racist meme:

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.35.32 AM.png

So it wasn't "the Left" who doesn't know the difference; it's the Left that has been far more successful getting the rioters to stop rioting and tearing up their cities.  Why haven't you noticed?

How gullible is the left when the left is destroying Democrat cities, calling it PROTESTS....you and the other poster who posted the above meme appear to be the gullible ones...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Here is a simple test for trump, trump repubs, and trump supporters:

Can you declare that ALL Americans should receive EQUAL treatment in the eyes of our Justice system, the Constitution, all at the Federal, State, and Local levels?

Then walk that talk. 

Honored Social Butterfly

The FoxNews/Trump narrative.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

I want to thank NH for proving he doesn't get it, but Joe Biden gets it. Please search for his comments yesterday on the George Floyd murder and you will see a diametrically opposed reaction than that of Fox and Trump.

Joe Biden understands the racism which has resulted in countless deaths of black men, women, and children. Fox doesn't get it, they're focused solely on trying to portray protesters as thugs. In reality, the protesters are real Americans who are sick of seeing our democratic ideals being shattered.

Regular Social Butterfly

My Grand Daughter has a know it all in her Nursing class who always interrupts and brags. She said I just let her go she said, you can's argue with STUPID. So why both with some Trump supporters because no matter what is said or done Stupid always agrees with Trump, and Fox is most likely paid for by Trump.
I usually try to just scroll by and don't waste my time.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

I don't get it! I don't understand why the left is willing to have Antifa/left wing thugs destroy mostly liberal areas in which no one will visit after the left gets done burning and looting while their pushing the story about conservatives dressing up as Antifa and looting.  No one believes their fairy tale.

Honored Social Butterfly

If Biden was elected President you would have looting every day and night while he relaxed in his bunker.  Those thugs you see on TV will probably vote him in so they can continue the carnage.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png