Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 31 of 36

Here's another interesting comment from Kasparov.

"As one study found, a Sanders candidacy is more likely to increase turnout for Trump, not the Democrats. In contrast, a moderate Democrat need only attract a few of the many disgruntled Trump voters, or keep them at home, requiring no miraculous transformation of the electorate (a transformation, incidentally, that for Sanders failed to materialize in the Super Tuesday primaries, as young voters, once again largely stayed home)"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 36

Always remember, the election will be decided in the purple (battleground) states, primarily PA. Mich. Wisc, Ohio, and FL. Here's another keen observation from this op-ed.

"The Electoral College is an archaic mess, but it still exists. Sanders would need record turnout among young people to even have a chance against Trump in Midwestern swing states. Florida is likely long gone for Sanders after his comments about Cuba and Israel. Pennsylvania would lose hundreds of thousands of jobs under Sanders' fracking ban."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 36

Okay. Kas may be a dinosaur repeating old info. Except I might only disagree on one point, apparently not enough millions are aware of, or denounce American politicians contacts or connections to russia...that is not good, especially if in support of putin's agenda against the US. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 36

Unlike another forum member, I see value in this op-ed Here's just one of several examples:

"Trump routinely fawns over authoritarians, and these vile tendencies make him a danger to the rule of law in the US and the world. I am uniformly anti-authoritarian and am happy to condemn Sanders and Trump. The question is what all this will mean to swing voters in swing states, where Sanders' leftist brand of criticizing America won't play well."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 36

Garry Kasparov annoys me no end. His book, Winter is Coming, annoyed me no end. His op-eds annoy me no end. He looks back into the past, sees things that are crystal clear in hindsight, then claims to have seen them coming beforehand. 

He was a great chess player, I'll give him that. One of the best ever. Great chess players can be prima donnas and now Kasparov is a prima donna without the chess. Garry, you have never told me anything I, and millions of other people didn't already know, and, by the way, you annoy me no end.

Shut up and go back to chess or take up tiddly-winks or something constructive.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Garry Kasparov: The danger of nominating Sanders

Message 36 of 36

Garry Kasparov: The danger of nominating Sanders

Opinion by Garry Kasparov

This is an op-ed from former Russian Chess Champion Garry Kaparov on why it would be so dangerous to nominate Bernie Sanders.. Here's a brief sample from the article, which I consider must reading. 

"It would be a cruel twist to have a president who admires Russia's current dictatorship running against a challenger who praised our old one."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/05/opinions/danger-of-nominating-sanders-kasparov/index.html

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors