Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: GUESS WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THIS NOW???

Message 1 of 9

"...The CHEMICAL INDUSTRY made sure the MINIMUMS were in place as far as safety....".

Not simply the industry. Arkema, the one sending a toxic cloud up now, was in the lead of a group of lobbyists from the industry to oppose tougher standards. 

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I share your feelings for Texans who will suffer but I think they tried pretty hard to NEVER have this happen.

@NOTHAPPENING,

I guess you missed all the documentation relating to the graft paid to almost every TEXAS politician by THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY.

The monies paid by THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY to the TEXAS delegation to CONGRESS, the TEXAS senators, the TEXAS Attorney General, IN ADDITION TO the convoluted policies put in place by the Governor speaks volumes as relates to your argument.

The CHEMICAL INDUSTRY made sure the MINIMUMS were in place as far as safety.

THAT'S WHY A TOXIC CLOUD IS NOW RISING OVER CROSBY!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

90-11.jpeg

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

How hard did Texans try to NOT build toxic chemical plants in residential neighborhoods?

How hard did Texans avoid developing land that has flooded in the past and will again in the future?

Not at all.

Those chemical plants simply did not want to spend the money necessary to make their operation safe. Why? Because in Texas, THEY DON'T HAVE TO. And what Genius decided to permit the manufacture and storage of highly toxic and volitile chemicals NEAR SCHOOLS? A Republican one of course, one that understood the yuge profits to be made from killing people by not spending the money to keep them safe.

FEMA has shelled out cumulative flood damage payments that vastly exceed the market value of the property for over 400 properties in Houston already and several have cost We the People over 15 times their market value. Most are occupied by low income individuals, which would indicate the money is going to the slum lords, not the people whose lives have been devistated by being encouraged to live in a flood plain that has flooded FIVE TIMES between 2001 and 2017.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@mandm84 wrote:

Considering the huge profits made by these companies, I would have thought safety precautions and safeguards would have been state of the art. My heart goes out to the Texan's who will suffer !!!

They did have safeguards in place and levels of contingency failure but nobody expected depths of water at that magnitude, they had back up generators to provide cooling in case of electric failure and those failed.  Even in our personal lives, there is just so much that can happen and the cost for preventing every conceivable contingency is infinite dollars and undoable.  I share your feelings for Texans who will suffer but I think they tried pretty hard to NEVER have this happen.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

The now Texas Governor is responsible for a large part of the chemical plant explosion...he unilaterally decided to support the Corporations after West Explosion.     The other Republicans quickly got on that money train.      It should be criminal, but Republicans have figured out that at long as they can profit from disasters, then they are on-board with that play.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Considering the huge profits made by these companies, I would have thought safety precautions and safeguards would have been state of the art. My heart goes out to the Texan's who will suffer !!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9
My heart goes out to the Harvey victims, ut its beggining to show they are victims of their own politicians. Texas politicians helped make a political football out of hurricane relief, and yes, the lack of safety regulations in a historical hurricane zone is criminal. Wreckless endangerment.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

GUESS WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR THIS NOW???

Message 9 of 9

TEXAN GOP lawmakers, since the election of TRUMP, have conducted "business as usual".

ATTORNEY GENERAL PAXTON accepted $106,000 from the CHEMICAL INDUSTRY to fight against safety rules for chemical plants.

Five HOUSTON area CONGRESSIONAL MEMBERS have received hundred's of thousands of dollars from the CHEMICAL INDUSTRY to fight the same rules.

Both TEXAS SENATORS received huge sums of money from the CHEMICAL INDUSTRY to achieve the same goal.

Even GOVERNOR ABBOTT got into the act by making it very difficult to determine what kind of chemicals are being made at what plant.

The TRUMP ADMINISTRATION accommodated their requests and new regulations were either cancelled or postponed indefinitely.

..................... and now there are chemicals leaking, explosions threatening, and clean-up pending.

Thousands had to be relocated specifically due to the danger of these chemical facilities.

These facilities got some of their support from taxpayer subsidies from the state (oh....by the way....State Lawmakers got their palms greased also).

Now that destruction has hit these facilities, guess who will be paying for clean-up???????

Who knows how much extra, we, as taxpayers from other states, will be paying because TEXAS LAWMAKERS, LOCAL, STATE and FEDERAL, were in the POCKETS of THE CHEMICAL INDUSTRY?????????

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-republicans-helped-chemical-plant-that-exploded-lobby-against...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors