Social Butterfly

GRANDPATX R U SAFE?

Hope GrandpaTx is safe.

Thinking of the people in Texas and making contribution to Red Cross.  It is wonderful to see all the Helpers.  That's the  American spirit.  

Honored Social Butterfly

I pray the rain stops and the sun comes out in Texas !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

It is backtracking and moving east on our south then north over the Louisiana/Texas border.  That side of us isn't so bad, Louisiana gets some rain,  and the drainage is on another watershed.

We've lived here for 40 years and this is the first time we've gone through this and even then in two consecutive years, hurricanes - yes, floods - no.  I'll take hurricanes anytime as I've been through many.

We are looking for it to end also....  Now there is another system by the name of Irene that is about to bless the Carolinas. 

Appreciate the concern!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 - Good to hear that you're doing okay, and that the storm is finally on the way out. Sunshine and cool breeze this morning in Austin, hoping it reaches your area soon.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

@MaVolta wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 - Good to hear that you're doing okay, and that the storm is finally on the way out. Sunshine and cool breeze this morning in Austin, hoping it reaches your area soon.

Still getting the drizzle and periodic showers, but it isn't as bad as before.  We're still waiting for the flood waters to come this way.  Been improving the sandbags on our doors.  Looking for sunshine!!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Glad you are safe and it sounds like dry also.  Hopefully the storm ends soon.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

Still getting the drizzle and periodic showers, but it isn't as bad as before.  We're still waiting for the flood waters to come this way.  Been improving the sandbags on our doors.  Looking for sunshine!!!    It doesn't matter whether I agree with you or not good luck

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

Good to hear you are OK.   Scary stuff.

Honored Social Butterfly

Here is a link from the San Antonio paper.    The pictures are from not just Houston, but much of the Coastal plain small communities that were destroyed by Harvey.   http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/texas/article/Photos-show-damage-from-Hurricane-Harvey-across...

I am quite proud of my City, as it really stepped up and put the Emergency Plans into action before Harvey made landfall.     What we do know is that many of the people who were under mandatory evacuation orders were sent here and that they may be here for quite a while, as they no longer have a town to call home.     And yes, SA was lucky, had Harvey gone farther south  30-40  in it's easterward, we would have been forced to deal with flooding.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

@mimi0000 wrote:

Hope GrandpaTx is safe.

Thinking of the people in Texas and making contribution to Red Cross.  It is wonderful to see all the Helpers.  That's the  American spirit.  

Those in the Corpus Christi area are the ones who has been hit hardest.  Houston is a low area and they will flood even in a good rain, let alone a tropical storm or hurricane.

During Hurricane Ike there was an outpouring of support which was appreciated.  The people of our area are also givers and opened their hearts and homes to refugees from Hurricane Katrina.  My son-in-law made frequent trips over the that vicinity in his pickup to deliver supplies to disaster workers.  Now the area they live in has many homes flooded.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 - Glad to see you've posted a couple of times; I hadn't seen your posts before, and was a little worried!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Recognized Social Butterfly

Hope all goes well in Houston and the rest of Texas affected by this storm.  My wife has family who live in Houston with some flooded and some OK so far.  Living here in Louisiana, we know you are going through and will help the best we can.

Honored Social Butterfly

@creppelrm wrote:

Hope all goes well in Houston and the rest of Texas affected by this storm.  My wife has family who live in Houston with some flooded and some OK so far.  Living here in Louisiana, we know you are going through and will help the best we can.

Houston has been hard hit by all the rain. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I watched reports coming in over The Weather Channel and CNN. The flooding and all of the damage left by the storm is truly devastating, and it's not yet over.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected, and all of the emergency responders and citizens out helping with rescue efforts.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Honored Social Butterfly

Haven`t  him seen for a couple of days. Got friends in Houston area  they are safe but can`t get to work or to airport to fly out.

Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

Haven`t  him seen for a couple of days. Got friends in Houston area  they are safe but can`t get to work or to airport to fly out.

Houston has been basically flooded out.  My son can't drive there for work, but is working from home via computer.  The roads around his office is flooded. 

The hurricane, now tropical storm is turning around and will affect the area again with more rain.  That means keeping the upstream rivers close to or over flood stage.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png