Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: GOPer - "What boy hasn't done this in high school?

Message 1 of 22

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I disagree with your video, Gordy.  The man shouldn't have done it in the first place.   Why does all the responsibility fall to the woman/victim to manage an assailant's behavior?    Why don't men feel they need to act responsibility?  Respectfully?  Humanely?

Thank you for those questions.  Sometimes, well most times - I believe many men feel their physical attentions are compliments to females.  I think they have to tell themselves this so they can 'rightfully' continue to do as they please.  When rejected, some men think, game on!  They are programmed to be the aggressor.  They don't want to give up that supposed authority or even have it be challenged.  It insults their egos and questions their manhood.  They don't yet understand at all what being a real man is.  Worse still, they are not interested in understanding.

Remember when it was only socially acceptable for a man could ask for a date?

We are truly still barbarians.  People who live their lives with aims to evolve past this stage of evolution do so socially first, as we see slowly happening over many years.  Politics have to play catch up, always.  Those who don't evolve are left behind, having to wait for another opportunity to grow and hopefully they will recognize it when it comes by.  If they miss the boat they are left to sink or swim.  Their responsibility because no one is going to rescue them.

I see Dr. Ford and any person who stands up againt sexual misconduct and abuse and demand justice for wrongs committed are essentially an army of righteousness saying for all of us, grow up or get out of the way.

I'm not sure what gordy meant to imply with his video.  If it is, this is all a woman needs to do, he obviously is not recommending a fair exchange of ideas nor does it seem he has read Dr. Ford's efforts to save her life.  I do hope he was not aiming at comedy.

The truth is, women who kill do it subversively more often than not.  That is just to level the field.  And yet the law calls that premeditated.  We indeed are barbaric still.  When leaders and legislators are comprised of 50/50 between the sexes, finally a 'jury of our peers' will truly mean something for our efforts towards evolution.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

I disagree with your video, Gordy.  The man shouldn't have done it in the first place.   Why does all the responsibility fall to the woman/victim to manage an assailant's behavior?    Why don't men feel they need to act responsibility?  Respectfully?  Humanely?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@schlomo wrote:

One of my college buddies....

A REAL man owns his past mistakes and learns from them.  Here's to you!!!

Meanwhile, many guys wouldn't admit they took advantage of a woman who had been .drinking, a date or otherwise.

And a REAL man tells the truth ...

Well, that discounts trump as being a Real Man.  Glad to see you agree.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@schlomo wrote:

Meanwhile, many guys wouldn't admit they took advantage of a woman who had been .drinking, a date or otherwise.

And a REAL man tells the truth and does not quiver and quake in false guilt just to satisfy the "white guilt" people who are now playing the "male guilt" game.

Glad to know that you don’t consider Trump a REAL man. Why are you so quick to dismiss everything that might make Trump look bad and so quick to jump on anything that might make a Democrat look bad?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

@rk9152 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

angeleyes64 - Our children need to be better educated in the treatment of girls or that sexual assault can get the sons in your life in jail. NO means NO. Girls need to be educated sexual assault is NOT THEIR FAULT, and does need to be reported, even if threatened.

Everything in your post is exactly how our culture need to respond and act.  I would only add that boys and young men also be included in that necessary education.  We know why girls don't report and it is my belief that times that trauma by 10 for boys who are sexually assaulted and abused.  Both sexes need to learn all they possibly can so they are able to identify, report and get help in protecting themselves from predators.

All true. But, how does this relate to Kavanaugh?

Really?  Don't know how that relates to Kavanaugh?

I'll pray for you.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

@oceanedge2 wrote:

angeleyes64 - Our children need to be better educated in the treatment of girls or that sexual assault can get the sons in your life in jail. NO means NO. Girls need to be educated sexual assault is NOT THEIR FAULT, and does need to be reported, even if threatened.

Everything in your post is exactly how our culture need to respond and act.  I would only add that boys and young men also be included in that necessary education.  We know why girls don't report and it is my belief that times that trauma by 10 for boys who are sexually assaulted and abused.  Both sexes need to learn all they possibly can so they are able to identify, report and get help in protecting themselves from predators.

All true. But, how does this relate to Kavanaugh?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@alferdpacker

If Kavanaugh does get passed into The Supreme Court and Professor Ford does not get a fair hearing, we must , all good men and all women then positively vote against Republicans in November.
However, if Ford does get a fair hearing and is unable to prove her assertions and Kavanaugh goes to the SCOTUS - what should all good men and women do?

Some women maybe on the fence as who to vote for, but all women need to pull together to show The Country we will not tolerate this kind of assault on women any more. We will stand up for our selves no matter who you are, what your profession.
What "assault on women"? If it is not proven, it does not exist.

Our children need to be better educated in the treatment of girls or that sexual assault can get the sons in your life in jail. NO means NO. Girls need to be educated sexual assault is NOT THEIR FAULT, and does need to be reported, even if threatened.

Sexual assault is a crime and our children need to be educated about this as children.

True. But what do you call making a woman no more than a tool in a partisan effort? Is that "respect for women"? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@schlomo wrote:

And a REAL man tells the truth and does not quiver and quake in false guilt just to satisfy the "white guilt" people who are now playing the "male guilt" game.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

Kudos
Views