Honored Social Butterfly

GOP in Florida get caught lying to voter

GOP seem to believe that lying will help them win.   NOPE.    The best part of this is that DEM voters know the rules and know when they are being lied to.   That and the volunteer groups are there to help and call the people who can really affect the outcome:  Volunteer LAWYERS.     

COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. – A poll worker in Collier County was fired after discouraging a Democratic voter from casting their ballot on Friday.

The incident between the voter and poll worker happened at the North Collier Regional Park Center, the Collier County Supervisor of Elections said.

Naples resident Ellen Hemrick had a mail-in ballot sent to her, but later decided to vote in person at the polling site. According to Hemrick, a woman working at the polling center started heavily questioning her.

“I was aggressively asked why I wasn’t using the mail-in ballot, did I have it with me and do I have to surrender it,” said Hemrick.

The poll worker told Hemrick that she wasn’t able to vote on Friday because she was a registered Democrat and only Republicans are allowed to vote during that time.

I don't mind the poll worker demanding that the voter surrender their mail-in ballot, that is standard....but then the poll worker LIES.  

https://nbc-2.com/news/local/2020/08/16/collier-county-poll-worker-fired-for-discouraging-a-democrat...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Silver Conversationalist

Somebody has taken off her gloves and started throwing haymakers. I won't mention any names but her initials are :

LydiaN586309

You go, girl!

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

How do you know the poll worker was a Trump supporter? I guess you assuming since the voter demographics are more than 2 to 1 repub in Collier county.

The reality is the story is lacking information. First off... as I understand, the voter in question was a registered democrat. The democrat primary was in March. Florida has a closed primary, you can only vote for your party which you are registered. 

My guess is the poll worker said something rude. More to follow, the story isn't fully known.

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

How do you know the poll worker was a Trump supporter? I guess you assuming since the voter demographics are more than 2 to 1 repub in Collier county.

The reality is the story is lacking information. First off... as I understand, the voter in question was a registered democrat. The democrat primary was in March. Florida has a closed primary, you can only vote for your party which you are registered. 

My guess is the poll worker said something rude. More to follow, the story isn't fully known.

As usual, always making excuses for the wrongs done by The Right.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Not an excuse... my question is valid... how do you know the poll worker is a repub or leans right? You don't know, because you need to fill in the blanks to support your obvious bias. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777  Wrote:

Not an excuse... my question is valid... how do you know the poll worker is a repub or leans right? You don't know, because you need to fill in the blanks to support your obvious bias. 

Liberals are nuttier than squirrel poop

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, it's a valid question, but it does not support the needs of TDS infected voters.  

Yes their, off the hinges bias, is ever so evident on these boards.  Most folks my age know better that's why I refer to it as intellectual dishonesty.  They know their bias is not an accurate reflection of reality, but they say it out loud anyway.  Hence TDS and emotion controls the person...  Sad, I know.  Time to just go fishing.

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am not surprised that a Trump supporter would tell such an open-faced lie as that in order to discourage and, in fact, cheat a Democrat out of his or her "right" to vote.  That so-called poll worker (saboteur) was only following the example of her Liar-in-Chief Trump who has schooled the entire GOP on the fine art of lying without blinking an eye, without guilt, and with absolute and total impunity.

BTW, that poll worker should be prosecuted and/or at least subject to a fine for her despicable actions.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png