Honored Social Butterfly

GOP has votes to confirm new SCOTUS justice before Election Day

By Yael Halon | Fox News

Senate Republicans have enough votes to confirm a replacement for late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg before the Nov. 3 election, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told "Hannity" Monday.

"It's pretty obvious that if they [Democrats] want an outcome, they'll just destroy anybody's life to keep the seats open," Graham told host Sean Hannity.

"They said they tried to destroy Brett Kavanaugh so they could fill the seat — they were dumb enough to say that," Graham added. "I've seen this movie before. It's not going to work, it didn't work with Kavanaugh.

"We've got the votes to confirm Justice Ginsburg's replacement before the election. We're going to move forward in the committee, we're going to report the nomination out of the committee to the floor of the United States Senate so we can vote before the election. Now, that's the constitutional process."

Protesters gathered outside Graham's Washington, D.C. home Monday morning after he pledged to move the nomination process along in the Senate.

Graham's critics have pointed to his statements after Senate Republicans refused to move forward on Barack Obama's nomination of Judge Merrick Garland in 2016. As recently as October 2018, the South Carolina Republican stated: "If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump's term, and the primary process has started, we'll wait till the next election."

"After Kavanaugh, everything changed with me," Graham said. "They are not going to intimidate me, [Senate Majority Leader] Mitch McConnell, or anybody else."

The Judiciary Committee chair added that Trump's nominee, expected to be announced later this week, "will be supported by every Republican in the Judiciary Committee.

"We’ve got the votes to confirm the judge, the justice on the floor of the Senate before the election," he asserted, "and that's what's coming."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you Harry Reid for making this possible...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

One of the criteria for Trump's nominee is a vote against the Affordable Care Act, which will come before the Supreme Court November 10th. Trump supporters are so dumb that many of them will lose their health insurance, courtesy of the President they support 100%. I'm sure they'll blame Obama.

Honored Social Butterfly

GOP has votes to confirm new SCOTUS justice before Election Day

========================================================
I hope so...let the cry babies cry!

Trump has a constitutional duty to fill the vacancy and that is that.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I hope so...let the cry babies cry!

Trump has a constitutional duty to fill the vacancy and that is that.  So did Obama that won re-election and won BOTH his elections in landslides.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Thank you Harry Reid for making this possible!!

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91   Don't laugh too hard, eventually there will be a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate, and then might as well emigrate. 
goodlol.jpg

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

and boy is this firing up the Dems.!!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

GOP has votes to confirm THEIR HYPOCRISY....

b6ca486be28098cbc8ed63c81286dee4.jpg2a2b5fdc186ef0fb28ad402a8bee9c1a.jpgd89wn9z-c6dc85cd-36ba-4633-8c9f-04e3844642d1.png

Honored Social Butterfly

GOP has votes to confirm THEIR HYPOCRISY....

2a2b5fdc186ef0fb28ad402a8bee9c1a.jpg

d89wn9z-c6dc85cd-36ba-4633-8c9f-04e3844642d1.png

Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010   And I am hoping that it happens. I feel that this action will  backfire in many  ways and energize the need to vote all of those Senators out of the Senate. And when that happens, You will see a party that will have no qualms in doing what they probably should do. turn around on many of the things that the Republican have done and get a serious of new Supreme Court judges and do what they need to do in order to preserve some sanity in this country. so in a way this will energize Trump's  people and anger all others
If McCain was alive he would spit inLIndsay's face,  and Trump was correct in calling Ted Cruz Lyng  Ted.

no name
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png