Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

GOP Senators - Re-open the Government Trump

Message 1 of 1

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who faces a potentially tough reelection in 2020, says Congress should re-open the federal government, even without a deal on funding President Trump’s border wall. 

Gardner is the first Senate Republican to call for ending the partial shutdown even without a deal on Trump’s demand for $5 billion to fund a border wall. 

“I think we should pass a continuing resolution to get the government back open. The Senate has done it last Congress, we should do it again today,” he said. 

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who wrote one of the spending bills House Democrats will be voting on, said in an interview she’d like to see the president endorse at least part of the plan to reopen the government.

“My goal is to get government reopened as fast as possible. And six of those bills, we’ve got agreements on and so I’d like to see those signed into law,” she said of the non-DHS legislation.

Source - http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/01/senators-with-tough-reelections-split-with-trump-on-shutdown....

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors