AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: GOP Says - Mental Illness - Buy a Gun

Message 1 of 16

Typical deflection by putting the blame on the very few Democrats , instead of the entire NRA bought and paid for GOP.

IF the Democrats controlled the Senate, we know what would have happened !!!

Don't let fear or common sense stop you - Plutocrats

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@pc6063 wrote:

Umbarch64- I commented and I have to tell you that  it left me shocked by it's ignorance.    And in the age of Trump shocking me is becoming increasingly hard to do.  Frightening that anyone could be this misinformed

Ignorance and being misinformed is only part of what was displayed.   The "NEW NORMAL" created by "the donald" is hard to avoid getting sucked into.  It's like a whirl-pool in a river.  It goes round and round and round and round.  Get caught up in it and you do too...eventually spinning deeper and deeper into it until there IS no way out. 

Shocking?...you bet!  Perasive?...yup!  A mental abberration?  Yes it is and we need to see it clearly.  He AND his minions share characteristics we need to recognize in order to deal with them effectively. 

We cannot accord the same value to what the irrational person says as to the rational.  That has nothing whatsoever to do with 'free speech', That is a 'False Equivalency"...one of those things so beloved by the RRR.  With your background, you may find "The Brain" and "The Wisdom of Psycopaths" of interest.  They will come up on Google.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

Umbarch64- I commented and I have to tell you that  it left me shocked by it's ignorance.    And in the age of Trump shocking me is becoming increasingly hard to do.  Frightening that anyone could be this misinformed

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

I hope you all read the post from e538136a on another topic here.  All I could do was shake my head in dismay.  There has to be some way to fix what is wrong here...we've got to do that...we've got to.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

MEIzsja.png

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

mickstuder--I guess that it will have to be their sons, daughters, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, etc. who are shot down before they get it.  I worked with  mentally ill persons.  My life, well being, children, pets, have all been threatened.  I have received calls to lock myself inside when one of the mentally ill persons I came in contact with, was on a rampage. 

For as far back as I can remember, Rebublicans have used scare tactics to garner support from those who own guns.  I have never in my life known anyone, and I have been surrounded by men and women who hunt, collect, and shoot for fun, my entire life.  Let me try to explain this to those Republicans out there who actually believe it--THERE IS NO TRUTH TO THESE SCARE TACTICS. 

It is easy to see that allowing those with mental illnesses to own guns, puts that person at risk.

HOWEVER,The problem is  that even depression is considered a mental illness.  Many people are bi-pola,r who are not dangerous.  This is a very tricky problem, one  of which I can see both sides.  People much smarter than I will have to figure this one out. 

Outlawing semi-automatic weapons makes PERFECT sense to me.  AGAIN, IT IS AN NRA( AND COMPANY) SCARE TACTIC THAT DEMS WANT YOUR GUNS.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The GOPer solution to all the problems of the American Public is MORE GUNS.

Sandy Hook massacre of 5 year-olds? MORE GUNS!

Shoot President Reagan? MORE GUNS!

Domestic violence? MORE GUNS!

Bad election outcome? MORE GUNS!

Just feeling bad? MORE GUNS!

Wonder if they ever think what will happen if all those Trumpettes ever wake up to how they've been lied to all these years.

More guns - mean more shootings and more opportuntities for Trump to imply the entire USA is a War Zone and only he can fix it

Few Americans actually do any research and look at statisitics - so in 3 years Trump will be claiming credit for reducing all the high violent crime rates that never existed in the first place

Just like he's taking credit for jobs hiring that were planned by companies a year ago and would have happened with or without Trump

Just like he's taking credit by making a big production our of deporting illegal immigrants - a process that has been going on by the millions for the last 16 years

Just like he's claiming credit for new mining jobs that will never happen because he's also approving major New Natural Gas Line Projects and eliminating the Rules that control Fracking which is the main reason the energy industry itself stopped mining coal and invested in Cheaper Natural Gas Production on it;s own - not to mention that all the major and most economical coal mining gets done by machines not people in the Midwest not West Virginia

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

The GOPer solution to all the problems of the American Public is MORE GUNS.

Sandy Hook massacre of 5 year-olds? MORE GUNS!

Shoot President Reagan? MORE GUNS!

Domestic violence? MORE GUNS!

Bad election outcome? MORE GUNS!

Just feeling bad? MORE GUNS!

Wonder if they ever think what will happen if all those Trumpettes ever wake up to how they've been lied to all these years.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

GOP Says - Mental Illness - Buy a Gun

- On Terrorist  Watch List - Buy a Gun   

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

@GailL1 wrote:

This reversal was not just the GOP thinking.  The vote was 57 to 43 so evidently there were some on the other side which took to heart that this was a civil rights issue.

The ACLU was also against this Obama rule as well as many mental disability group advocates.  

All of this was covered in your initial link.

If a person has violent tendencies as part of their mental illness, they most likely have been adjudicated or involuntarily committed if our system is working correctly.

As as for the others, they probably aren't anymore likely to do harm than the rest of society.  

As as we all know, sometimes those closest to the problem fail to report things or try to make everything alright and/or they themselves are part of the problem,  when in actuality they are doing the worst possible thing.

Took To Heart - that's amusing

Took NRA Money is more accurate

Head Democratic Hypocrite in Charge of the Senate for many years was a Big Closet NRA Supporter and Gun Rights Finatic and the main reason we never got any Comprehensive Gun Control or even Comprehensive Background Check Legislation - Harry Reid

I wish as part of Trumps - Drain the Swamp Initiative - He Could Rid us of

Schumer - Pelosi - Manchin - Ashford - Bishop - Cooper - Costa - Cuellar - Graham - Lipinski - Peterson - Sanchez - Schrader - Scott - Thompson - Vela - Sinema - McCaskill - Heitkamp - Donnelly - Tester

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors